Gray flashing display?

Toasted Waffles

I built a computer for my parents with pretty high end specs. However the problem is that randomly the screen will go to an all grey display and you have to restart the computer to fix it. I've updated the drivers and reinstalled windows on a fresh copy. Apparently it's happening more and more often even while browsing the web or just using word.  Any ideas? I'm thinking its a video card,

Specs -

GTX 770

4th Gen i7

16gb DDR3 

850 Samsung ssd (boot drive)

4tb WD Black

Spoiler

Project Casper - Glass Tubing Build

Ryzen 9 5905x     |    Gigabyte Aorus Extreme X570    |   Strix 3090

GSkill 64gb 4000mhz   |    EVGA 1600T psu     |      3x Samsung 980 Pro NVME 1tb Raid 0 

4 x Crucial MX500 2tb raid 0   |    Glass Hard Line Tubing  - EKWB Blocks 

3 minutes ago, Agent Maine said:

I built a computer for my parents with pretty high end specs. However the problem is that randomly the screen will go to an all grey display and you have to restart the computer to fix it. I've updated the drivers and reinstalled windows on a fresh copy. Apparently it's happening more and more often even while browsing the web or just using word.  Any ideas? I'm thinking its a video card,

Specs -

GTX 770

4th Gen i7

16gb DDR3 

850 Samsung ssd (boot drive)

4tb WD Black

This is most likely a driver issue. You could test this by using a different display, but I really doubt the display is the issue. It also probably isn't the graphics card since you say it happens randomly, not when you do something specific. 

Maybe you could try an older driver, or see if there are other people complaining about that same issue with a particular driver version. 

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

I have already updated to the newest drivers and it happens really often. From what I'm told it happens like every ten minutes

Spoiler

Project Casper - Glass Tubing Build

Ryzen 9 5905x     |    Gigabyte Aorus Extreme X570    |   Strix 3090

GSkill 64gb 4000mhz   |    EVGA 1600T psu     |      3x Samsung 980 Pro NVME 1tb Raid 0 

4 x Crucial MX500 2tb raid 0   |    Glass Hard Line Tubing  - EKWB Blocks