Painting a heatsink

Hey Guys, I wanna paint my Cooler Master EVO 212 (best cpu air cooler of all time), but I have a couple or more concerns.

Spray painting to me seems to be the best idea. Can someone recommend to me a good product I could use or other related ideas?

I'm also wondering if said product would affect its performance much.

I dont OC my CPU as much as many would, I'm a casual user who just likes to push my parts a little.

You would essentially be spraying a coat of insulation over your heatsink (The hyper 212 isn't actually that good compared to the new coolers coming out nowadays) but it shouldn't affect performance so much as to make your chip throttle itself. I'd expect a rise of around 5-10 degrees under load. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Thermally conductive paint is still a layer. Even if it is more conductive than the metal used in the heatsink, is still a layer that will decrease the performance of the heatsink.

If you want to paint it, just paint the extenal part, the upper part, that should be the only visible part, so it will not change much

You can do it but I think u will lose performance. If u just want black cooler u can get dark rock. Otherwise, good luck.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

11 hours ago, Casual Cube said:

ive heard thermally conductive paint. I guess no such option?

As mentioned it's not a good idea to do the whole heatsink however if you just want to accent it just painting the top plate is a good alternative to give it a custom look without affecting performance.