Is Ummy Video Downloader Safe?

Go to solution Solved by Thorimus,

Well, if you haven't had any issues, it's probably fine. Run a check as @dexxterlab97 said though.

I have been using Ummy Video Downloader for months and months now, but I'm not sure if it's safe or not. Does it distribute any form of malware?

run some antivirus and check

Well, if you haven't had any issues, it's probably fine. Run a check as @dexxterlab97 said though.

“sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic still going to require driver rollbacks when it stops working for no reason“

Unfortunately YT downloaders go under piracy talk, and if I'm not wrong, as such cannot be discussed here. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I haven't had any pop-ups or anything of the sort when using it. I do run Malwarebytes every once in a while. I just ran it after using the program. It found 3 PUPs but by their name these were simply fibers and inactive bits of some malware that I got a long time ago. I'm just skittish I think. I have extreme malwarephobia ever since I got some the first time.

3 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

Unfortunately YT downloaders go under piracy talk, and if I'm not wrong, as such cannot be discussed here. 

Ah, thank you. I will promptly delete this thread. I don't mean any harm of course :)

3 hours ago, BigChapJ said:

Ah, thank you. I will promptly delete this thread. I don't mean any harm of course :)

Wait where's the delete button?

2 minutes ago, BigChapJ said:

Wait where's the delete button?

You have to report your post to mods, can't delete it on your own. It will probably get locked, not deleted. Or just leave itif you want, they will see it sooner or later. :P

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own.