PC autorestatring

dc2aldo
Go to solution Solved by MrDrWho13,

When a computer turns off instantly with no warning, then reboots, it usually means that the power supply has done an emergency shutdown. This can be due to too much power being drawn by the system, a power surge coming in, the power supply getting too hot, or just a fault inside. The reason it turns back on again right after a cold shut down is because you have the BIOS set to "reboot when power is lost" or something along those lines. There are no other causes of this type of problem that I can think of.

so its been a few months since my pc kept on ayto restatring for no reason. it went offf without any warning and just pitch black and the pc rebooted it self again. i did reinstalled my pc but no result. temperature on load is around 65c

Spec:

Intel i5 4690k

nvidia gtx 960

16 gb ram ddr3

Asus z97-g43 gaming

psu corsair vs 600

Just now, EnemySp0tt3d said:

I'm thinking its that power supply.

Yep, definitely sounds like a PSU issue. Try a new one since that one seems to be faulty.

I edit my posts a lot.

hmm probably but its not that old and besdies when the pc restarted if im not mistaken several lights are still on so u really sure its the psu?

29 minutes ago, Windows 10 said:

Maybe it's updating??

the thing is if its updating atleast it shows u the restatring screen and in this case the monitor just when pitch black and the pc rebooted again

37 minutes ago, EnemySp0tt3d said:

I'm thinking its that power supply.

36 minutes ago, MrDrWho13 said:

Yep, definitely sounds like a PSU issue. Try a new one since that one seems to be faulty.

Just now, dc2aldo said:

are u sure its the psu? i mean its not that old and when the pc rebooted some lights are still on

When a computer turns off instantly with no warning, then reboots, it usually means that the power supply has done an emergency shutdown. This can be due to too much power being drawn by the system, a power surge coming in, the power supply getting too hot, or just a fault inside. The reason it turns back on again right after a cold shut down is because you have the BIOS set to "reboot when power is lost" or something along those lines. There are no other causes of this type of problem that I can think of.

I edit my posts a lot.

2 minutes ago, MrDrWho13 said:

alright thank you for the info