Is there any bottleneck?

Kittens & Lazers

2 980Tis @ 1405MHz
i7 6700K at 4.6GHz

Neither GPUs nor CPU are reaching 70% (GPUs occasionally do that)
16GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz (XMP to 2300MHz)
My monitor is PG279Q 2560x1440p @ 165Hz
Vsync is not enabled but Gsync of course is. 

I mean there shouldn't be. Might be the games your playing can't utliLize sli very well?

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

I don't think there should be

1 minute ago, Nicholatian said:

Yes, there is always a bottleneck, in this case your GPUs. Do you even know what a bottleneck is?

Yes, one component is too fast for another component and it has to "wait for it" which slows down the first component.. But you never know..

1 minute ago, Mohenjo said:

I mean there shouldn't be. Might be the games your playing can't utliLize sli very well?

Every game.. GTA V, Witcher 3, Metro Last Light.. Anything besides benchmarks

2 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

what is your PSU? 

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200W Platinum.. 

5 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

what is your PSU? 

PSU should have nothing to do with this.

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

they dont go higher becasause then they would push more fps then G-sync thinks is needed basically

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

6 minutes ago, Railgun said:

PSU should have nothing to do with this.

if its poor quality that could make a differance but thats not whats happaning as far as i can see

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

if its poor quality that could make a differance but thats not whats happaning as far as i can see

Not in this way. Power supply issues will have nothing to do with lack of performance.

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

Just now, Railgun said:

Not in this way. Power supply issues will have nothing to do with lack of performance.

if the PSU isnt gving enough power then yes it can, anyway G-sync is the "bottleneck" im sure he is getting 60fps but i havent read the entire thread so i might have missed something

Builds:

Spoiler

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

if the PSU isnt gving enough power then yes it can, anyway G-sync is the "bottleneck" im sure he is getting 60fps but i havent read the entire thread so i might have missed something

It's about the usage.. Neither CPU nor GPUs are hitting 70%

2 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

I'm pretty sure your computer will just bluescreen if there is a shortage in power. The GPU won't just "underclock" itself to make up for not having enough power to run at a specific speed.

EDIT: Just confirmed my point via a Google search.

What games are you playing?

Spoiler

CPU: AMD R7 5800X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i PRO | Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO | Memory: G.Skill RIPJAWS V DDR4 3200mhz 64GB | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra | PSU: Seasonic Prime 1300w | OS Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB | Games Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB | Media Drive: 2x WD Blue HDD 1TB in Raid 0 | Media Drive: 2x WD Black HDD 2TB in Raid 1 | Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D | Monitor 1: ASUS PB287Q UHD | Monitor 2: ASUS PG278Q WQHD

2 hours ago, Railgun said:

I'm pretty sure your computer will just bluescreen if there is a shortage in power. The GPU won't just "underclock" itself to make up for not having enough power to run at a specific speed.

EDIT: Just confirmed my point via a Google search.

but it wont use GPU boost nor will it use turbo boost and similar features, also my 750TI did just that, it locked itself at base clock and wouldent move most of the time, hence reducing preformance to a point it was barely useable

Builds:

Spoiler

43 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

but it wont use GPU boost nor will it use turbo boost and similar features, also my 750TI did just that, it locked itself at base clock and wouldent move most of the time, hence reducing preformance to a point it was barely useable

Now we're talking about modifying clockspeeds. This is a whole other subject. He didn't state that he had any sort of overclock or other modification but in that sense it might be better to just ask him if he has modified the clockspeed of the GPU

18 hours ago, Kittens & Lazers said:

It's about the usage.. Neither CPU nor GPUs are hitting 70%

thats because you are using G-sync to limit the framerate to your monitor, if its bad then disable G-sync

Builds:

Spoiler