Creating an external on button

VictorianReaper

i just built my pc and its in the most awkward spot so its hard to turn on i have the gigabyte g.1 sniper z170 do you possibly now of a way to create an external power on button please note that i have no experience in soldering and i don't exactly have a place i can buy it in my current location

Dendrotoxin

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4Ghz | GPU: Zotac AMP! 1070 @ 2GHz | RAM Crucial Balistix 2x4GB | PSU EVGA G2 750w | Cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 | Case Phanteks Eclipse P400s | Motherboard Gigabyte G1 Gaming Z170 | Storage: Toshiba 3TB HDD and MyDigitalSSD M.2 256GB

Perripherals

Keyboard(s) Razer Ornata Chroma, Razer Tartarus Chroma | Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum | Headphone: Audio Technica M40x | Monitor HP 22CWA

ez pz,just use any button and use the connectors from the existing power button

i7 4790K | 4.5ghz @1.19v / 1080 ti strix oc  / Asus Z97 Pro Gamer  / 970 Evo 500GB | 850 Evo 500GB / Corsair 780t white|window  

PG279Q | VG248QE/ Corsair ax860i   /   Corsair H110i GTX   /  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2400mhz /

3 minutes ago, VictorianReaper said:

i just built my pc and its in the most awkward spot so its hard to turn on i have the gigabyte g.1 sniper z170 do you possibly now of a way to create an external power on button please note that i have no experience in soldering and i don't exactly have a place i can buy it in my current location

Don't shut it down, just leave it sleeping, and then the keyboard will wake it.

Just buy a power button with a really long cable, find a place for it, attach it, and then plug it into the same pins you would plug a normal power button into

Just now, 8-Bit Ninja said:

Just buy a power button with a really long cable, find a place for it, attach it, and then plug it into the same pins you would plug a normal power button into

where can i find one

Dendrotoxin

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4Ghz | GPU: Zotac AMP! 1070 @ 2GHz | RAM Crucial Balistix 2x4GB | PSU EVGA G2 750w | Cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 | Case Phanteks Eclipse P400s | Motherboard Gigabyte G1 Gaming Z170 | Storage: Toshiba 3TB HDD and MyDigitalSSD M.2 256GB

Perripherals

Keyboard(s) Razer Ornata Chroma, Razer Tartarus Chroma | Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum | Headphone: Audio Technica M40x | Monitor HP 22CWA

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Don't shut it down, just leave it sleeping, and then the keyboard will wake it.

isnt that bad for atleast some part of the computer

Dendrotoxin

Perripherals

1 minute ago, VictorianReaper said:

its not bad for the pc, but i myself don't like leaving my pc on overnight 

@8-Bit Ninja @McHoxim summing there is no way of oing something like this from outside the case via usb or PS2 

Dendrotoxin

Perripherals

Just now, VictorianReaper said:

@8-Bit Ninja @McHoxim summing there is no way of oing something like this from outside the case via usb or PS2 

no, you need to plug it into the correct header on the motherboard, ps2, usb etc... wont work 

15 minutes ago, VictorianReaper said:

Nope. It uses very little power and most computes sleep all the time.

14 minutes ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

its not bad for the pc, but i myself don't like leaving my pc on overnight 

It uses less than 5w and doesn't hut anything. No resaon not to.

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

It uses less than 5w and doesn't hut anything. No resaon not to.

I know, its just a personal thing. I had a old ass pc with some dodgy psu that caught fire. since then im not a fan of leaving things like pc's on when im not using them. 

Just now, 8-Bit Ninja said:

I know, its just a personal thing. I had a old ass pc with some dodgy psu that caught fire. since then im not a fan of leaving things like pc's on when im not using them. 

The PSU is off when sleeping. Only the standby power use used, just like when its shutdown.

54 minutes ago, VictorianReaper said:

also you could just enable the keyboard to wake the pc up(if your bios supports that setting),had that for years

i7 4790K | 4.5ghz @1.19v / 1080 ti strix oc  / Asus Z97 Pro Gamer  / 970 Evo 500GB | 850 Evo 500GB / Corsair 780t white|window  

PG279Q | VG248QE/ Corsair ax860i   /   Corsair H110i GTX   /  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2400mhz /

Code-name Nyx: R7-3800X w/ Scythe Fuma 2 Rev. B | Sapphire RX 5600XT | Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | Patriot Viper 4 Blackout | 3TB NVMe Storage| Cooler Master NR200 | Kubuntu/Windows 11 | Xiaomi Mi Curved 34" | Keebwerk Mega | Logitech G602 | Audio Technica ATH-M40X| Edifier e25 Luna