Thought on this Continuous lighting kit

Go to solution Solved by AkiraDaarkst,
1 hour ago, thekillergazebo said:

Yeah this was going to be just for portraits. I was looking and thought it would be cool to use these with the philip hue lights which put off a little more power and can have the color changed. Could make for interesting lighting. 

If it only costs that much, $49, I'd probably get it.  The stands, umbrellas and bags alone are worth it.  You can choose to use the stands to mount other types of lights, those mounts on them for the included bulbs appear to be removable.

By the way, I have used various color gels and color changing lights for portraiture.  They are fun to use and with the help of Photoshop magic, the only limit is your imagination.

I have a two flash setup now but I don't use it much as I prefer natural lighting my subjects. Also my flashes are not TTL so I have to fiddle around a bit with my lighting. I was thinking a continous system would work better for my needs. If you all could give my or thoughts on this model and possible recommendations that would help greatly.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B013JV3J1I/ref=mp_s_a_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1474899911&sr=8-11&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=ring+light

also I was looking at this as I only have 1 light stand an 1 light box. I currently have no umbrellas and was thinking of getting two anyways for my flashes

On 9/26/2016 at 4:31 PM, thekillergazebo said:

I have a two flash setup now but I don't use it much as I prefer natural lighting my subjects. Also my flashes are not TTL so I have to fiddle around a bit with my lighting. I was thinking a continous system would work better for my needs. If you all could give my or thoughts on this model and possible recommendations that would help greatly.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B013JV3J1I/ref=mp_s_a_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1474899911&sr=8-11&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=ring+light

also I was looking at this as I only have 1 light stand an 1 light box. I currently have no umbrellas and was thinking of getting two anyways for my flashes

What kind of subjects are under your lights, and are you photographing or filming video?  For example, if you're thinking of buying those lights to take portraits of people, strobes might be preferable.  Many portrait professionals prefer strobes because they don't keep shining their bright lights continuously on their subjects' eyes and causing the iris to contract.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

Yeah this was going to be just for portraits. I was looking and thought it would be cool to use these with the philip hue lights which put off a little more power and can have the color changed. Could make for interesting lighting. 

1 hour ago, thekillergazebo said:

If it only costs that much, $49, I'd probably get it.  The stands, umbrellas and bags alone are worth it.  You can choose to use the stands to mount other types of lights, those mounts on them for the included bulbs appear to be removable.

By the way, I have used various color gels and color changing lights for portraiture.  They are fun to use and with the help of Photoshop magic, the only limit is your imagination.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

Not a single word about the CRI that's suspicious