Stay logged in on different OS boots, same PC

Delicieuxz

When I boot into different Windows installations on my PC, and go the LTT forums, I have to log in again from each Windows OS, and doing so logs me out of the other Windows OS. I'm guessing that it's the same deal with visiting the LTT forums from a phone, and that logging in on a phone would log me out of LTT on my Windows OS.

I would like to stay logged in on one OS, when I log in from another OS, so that when I go back to the other OS, I'm still logged in there. I know it could be a security thing, but I'd like it anyway, at least when the logins are coming from the same PC. I'm just throwing this out there.

Also, if I could get free money each time I post, that would be great. But the former issue is my main concern, right now.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

check your cookie settings in the browsers you are using and any plugin you may happen to be running since some may block the creation or delete them when you close the program. And if you happen to be using any cleaning program like CCleaner or something that does similar things it could be deleting the cookies when they run. 

I don't think it's an issue with cookies, because closing Chrome and opening it while still in the same OS, or shutting-down the PC and booting back into the same OS and opening Chrome doesn't log me out. But if I boot into a different Windows OS on the same PC, and open LTT in Chrome, and log in to LTT there, then doing so will log me out of Chrome on the other Windows installation, that's on the same PC. And the next time I go into that Windows and log in to LTT, doing that similarly logs me out of the other Windows OS.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

It should be functioning like that already, make sure you have set your browser to keep the session cookies and that you have ticked "Remember me" on the login prompt.

~ Specs bellow ~

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit [UEFI]
CPU: Intel i7-5820k Haswell-E @ 4.5-4.7Ghz (1.366-1.431V) | CPU COOLER: Corsair H110 280mm AIO w/ 2x Noctua NF-A14 IPPC-2000 IP67 | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 32Gb (8x4Gb) DDR4 @ 2666mhz CL15 | MOBO: MSI X99S Gaming 7 ATX | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Gaming (flashed "X") @ 2138-2151Mhz (locked 1.093V) | PSU: Corsair HX850i 850W 80+ Platinum | SSD's: Samsung Pro 950 256Gb & Samsung Evo 850 500Gb | HDD: WD Black Series 6Tb + 3Tb | AUDIO: Realtek ALC1150 HD Audio | CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 | MONITOR: LG 34UC79G 34" 2560x1080p @144hz & BenQ XL2411Z 24" 1080p @144hz | SPEAKERS: Logitech Z-5450 Digital 5.1 Speaker System | HEADSET: Sennheiser GSP 350 | KEYBOARD: Corsair Strafe MX Cherry Red | MOUSE: Razer Deathadder Chroma | UPS: PowerWalker VI 2000 LCD

Mac Pro 2,1 (flashed) OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan 64-bit (NAS, Plex, HTTP Server, Game Servers) [R.I.P]
CPUs: 2x Intel Xeon X5365 @ 3.3Ghz (FSB OC) | RAM: OWC 16Gb (8x2Gb) ECC-FB DDR2 @ 1333mhz | GPU: AMD HD5870 (flashed) | HDDs: WD Black Series 3Tb, 2x WD Black Series 1Tb, WD Blue 2Tb | UPS: Fortron EP1000

Hmm. I just logged back to my main OS, and I am still logged in this time. But on my alt OS, which I just previously logged in to after maybe a week or so, I had been logged out. And I've had to repeatedly log back in when switching between OSes, though I normally keep using one OS for a longer period of time than what I did just now. Does LTT maybe log a person out of an associated device / OS after a certain amount of time of no activity from there?

No it shouldn't, but having that said lately I've also had weird behavior with my sessions from different computers. My home PC would stay logged in, but at my office I had to repeatedly log in... As of now both machines are logged in without problems though.

edit: To clarify, most session cookies will indeed have an expiration time/date. But they usually last for weeks or even months if you don't manually log out or delete them.

~ Specs bellow ~

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit [UEFI]
CPU: Intel i7-5820k Haswell-E @ 4.5-4.7Ghz (1.366-1.431V) | CPU COOLER: Corsair H110 280mm AIO w/ 2x Noctua NF-A14 IPPC-2000 IP67 | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 32Gb (8x4Gb) DDR4 @ 2666mhz CL15 | MOBO: MSI X99S Gaming 7 ATX | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Gaming (flashed "X") @ 2138-2151Mhz (locked 1.093V) | PSU: Corsair HX850i 850W 80+ Platinum | SSD's: Samsung Pro 950 256Gb & Samsung Evo 850 500Gb | HDD: WD Black Series 6Tb + 3Tb | AUDIO: Realtek ALC1150 HD Audio | CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 | MONITOR: LG 34UC79G 34" 2560x1080p @144hz & BenQ XL2411Z 24" 1080p @144hz | SPEAKERS: Logitech Z-5450 Digital 5.1 Speaker System | HEADSET: Sennheiser GSP 350 | KEYBOARD: Corsair Strafe MX Cherry Red | MOUSE: Razer Deathadder Chroma | UPS: PowerWalker VI 2000 LCD

Mac Pro 2,1 (flashed) OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan 64-bit (NAS, Plex, HTTP Server, Game Servers) [R.I.P]
CPUs: 2x Intel Xeon X5365 @ 3.3Ghz (FSB OC) | RAM: OWC 16Gb (8x2Gb) ECC-FB DDR2 @ 1333mhz | GPU: AMD HD5870 (flashed) | HDDs: WD Black Series 3Tb, 2x WD Black Series 1Tb, WD Blue 2Tb | UPS: Fortron EP1000

Might be part of this thing:

On 2.8.2016 at 9:28 AM, colonel_mortis said:

I'm aware of the issue, and I think it's an absolutely stupid excuse for a security feature, but there's not much that I can do about it. It has been marked as "planned" by the devs, but there are more things marked planned than completed so that doesn't mean much. 

One you log into one device, and everything else is logged out, any other logins within the next week will work; after that, they will log you out again. 

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv