High-end quiet gaming pc(double checking before purchase)

slove21

Hello,

So this is the pc I will be building and just looking for some criticismhttp://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/D4RVwV (I live in Australia so prices and all that will be in Aud)

This build will be mainly used for gaming and am hoping to play most games near maxed at 1440p. I did want this pc to run quiety but not sacrifice performance if possible. I went the i7 because I do not have a strict budget and thought "eh why not"

Now im only really worried about the Mobo and the Psu. The mobo because as good as the reviews looked I felt i was paying to much. Some of the other cheaper mobos I felt either had bad reviews or looked "tacky". Psu because im just scared ill get a shotty one and blow up somthing. As long as the Psu is fully modular and quiet I will be happy.

Any criticism or suggestions would be greatly appreciated :) 

The PSU you choose is a high quality one, there's no need to worry about that. For the motherboard I'll recommend a Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha though

Desktop: i7-6700K / Asus Z170 S / H100i V2 / LPX 2400Mhz 16GB / 960 EVO 250GB / 2x 860 EVO 500GB / RM750i  / NZXT H440 XB271H + Z22n Monitors

Laptop: Thinkpad T450s / i7-5600U / 12GB / 860 EVO 500GB

Also I'll recommend a Asus GTX 1080 strix card instead

Desktop: i7-6700K / Asus Z170 S / H100i V2 / LPX 2400Mhz 16GB / 960 EVO 250GB / 2x 860 EVO 500GB / RM750i  / NZXT H440 XB271H + Z22n Monitors

Laptop: Thinkpad T450s / i7-5600U / 12GB / 860 EVO 500GB

17 hours ago, Ernest_L said:

Also I'll recommend a Asus GTX 1080 strix card instead

Why the strix over the evga ftw?

17 hours ago, Matias_Chambers said:

When not under load the be quite! Dark Rock Pro 3 is quieter.

Is it really? How well does it perform compared to the noctua? Do you have any sources?

6 hours ago, slove21 said:

Why the strix over the evga ftw?

Is it really? How well does it perform compared to the noctua? Do you have any sources?

For the GPU, it doesn't really matter which one you pick the Asus card doesn't really perform better in terms of cooling and speed. Just pick the one you like the most. As for the cooler the NH-D15 and Darkrock Pro 3 perform almost the same in terms of performance and noise levels. Pick the one you think looks the best.

2 hours ago, Matias_Chambers said:

For the GPU, it doesn't really matter which one you pick the Asus card doesn't really perform better in terms of cooling and speed. Just pick the one you like the most. As for the cooler the NH-D15 and Darkrock Pro 3 perform almost the same in terms of performance and noise levels. Pick the one you think looks the best.

Thanks a lot for the help, I really under estimated how good the Dark Rock Pro 3 is. I may get it if not just for the looks. Thanks again :)