pxe-e05 the lan adapter's configuration is corrupted or has not been initialized

MVDuke

Hi guys, first of all thank you for reading this.

I built a new system yesterday and after installing all the components and installed the windows 10 x64 whenever i boot my pc i get this message:

"pxe-e05 the lan adapter's configuration is corrupted or has not been initialized" My computers starts after this message normally, but my ethernet adapter isn't working.

I've installed the latest bios for the motherboard but the problem persists.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to resolve this problem?

My system is :

Motherboard : Asus VIII IMPACT

CPU: i5 6600k

RAM: Kingston Hyper x 16Gb

GPU : Gtx 1070

Thank you a lot for your time :)

2 hours ago, MVDuke said:

Hi guys, first of all thank you for reading this.

I built a new system yesterday and after installing all the components and installed the windows 10 x64 whenever i boot my pc i get this message:

"pxe-e05 the lan adapter's configuration is corrupted or has not been initialized" My computers starts after this message normally, but my ethernet adapter isn't working.

I've installed the latest bios for the motherboard but the problem persists.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to resolve this problem?

My system is :

Motherboard : Asus VIII IMPACT

CPU: i5 6600k

RAM: Kingston Hyper x 16Gb

GPU : Gtx 1070

Thank you a lot for your time :)

It is possible that you have a DoA onboard NIC. Try contacting Asus first but I'd say you have damage somewhere.

The only thing we have to fear is... Stupidity...

3 minutes ago, VulcanAndroid said:

It is possible that you have a DoA onboard NIC. Try contacting Asus first but I'd say you have damage somewhere.

Hi thanks for your reply, are you sure ? because when i plug in the ethernet cable my adapters light in the motherboard shield comes on.

My only other suggestion would be to try a Linux live USB. See if its something with your windows install or a more serious problem. Have you tried clearing your CMOS?

7 minutes ago, VulcanAndroid said:

My only other suggestion would be to try a Linux live USB. See if its something with your windows install or a more serious problem. Have you tried clearing your CMOS?

The only think i can think of with the windows is that i havent pu yet my activation key, because i have to deactivate my key from my old computer, i was planning to do that today. Cleaning my CMOS you mean to unplug my battery ?

Windows activation shouldn't affect the problem you are having.

yes, remove the button cell battery from the motherboard and (unplug the computer) press the power button. 

OR

if you dont want to get physically into your computer get into the BIOS and revert to optimized defaults

1 minute ago, VulcanAndroid said:

Windows activation shouldn't affect the problem you are having.

yes, remove the button cell battery from the motherboard and (unplug the computer) press the power button. 

OR

if you dont want to get physically into your computer get into the BIOS and revert to optimized defaults

Ok thank you a lot! I will try this as soon as possible and i will let you know.