Acer XB270HU - no signal

TizToz

Hello
I have recently bought Acer xb270hu monitor, I plugged in the power cable,  but all I recive is no signal.

My current graphic card is Gigabyte g1 560,
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3707#ov

and it has no displayport,  so I bought a cable that is displayport -  dvi

The acer logo appears then I recive no signal,  and I can play with the menu, Look at the picture.

Should I do something?  Is the graphic card capable in powering this monitor? 

Thanks 

20160823_212515.jpg

So the exact same port out of your computer works fine with another monitor, because if it does that rules out about 80% of the problems I can think of here

The exact same port coming from my graphic card works with another monitor,  but using different cable. 

Is there any chance you could try that cable on any other tv or monitor in your house. Ive had unexplainable issues where using the cable in another screen for 3s and switching it back has fixed things lol.

Can you try other ports on the monitor and gpu. I know you said it had no display port so you got a cable but yeah just check as some cards have had issues where only the first port on the card works

I will try that as soon as I get home. 

16 hours ago, kris2340k said:

Is there any chance you could try that cable on any other tv or monitor in your house. Ive had unexplainable issues where using the cable in another screen for 3s and switching it back has fixed things lol.

Can you try other ports on the monitor and gpu. I know you said it had no display port so you got a cable but yeah just check as some cards have had issues where only the first port on the card works

From my readings yesterday,  no cable would let my screen work ( displayport to dvi). I need expensive adapters. 

Did you use any converters,  adapters ?  Or the cable was Displayport to displayport? 

5 hours ago, TizToz said:

From my readings yesterday,  no cable would let my screen work ( displayport to dvi). I need expensive adapters. 

Did you use any converters,  adapters ?  Or the cable was Displayport to displayport? 

No I have a hdmi between one of my monitors and the gpu, no adapters at all. One day I boot the pc and I narrow the issue down to the cable as other cables work in its place.
I go downstairs, use my laptop and connect to to the big TV, it works.
I bring the cable back upstairs, put it where it was and it works.
problem never came back

1 minute ago, kris2340k said:

No I have a hdmi between one of my monitors and the gpu, no adapters at all. One day I boot the pc and I narrow the issue down to the cable as other cables work in its place.
I go downstairs, use my laptop and connect to to the big TV, it works.
I bring the cable back upstairs, put it where it was and it works.
problem never came back

can you please tell me what is your gpu , and if you have a link to the hdmi you are talking about.

Thanks

1 minute ago, TizToz said:

can you please tell me what is your gpu , and if you have a link to the hdmi you are talking about.

Thanks

GPU was a 560 ti and I was also at that time using integrated HD 4000 on one of the monitors. now im not
The cable was an Amazon basics 2.0 cable that im returning anyway as I have lots