Will My Rig Work? And what could I use it for besides gaming?

Can I stream from this computer, how good will video and audio editing be. Are there any bottlenecks. And most importantly will it all fit? Just curious the  compatibility check said it would. Just wanted to hear it from more experienced PC builders.

*edited for new parts list*

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/jdBXyf

should work,streaming  video and audio editing should be good, no bottlenecks and everything should fit

CPU:R7 5800X    Motherboard: asrock x470 taichi ultimate   RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws-V 2X16GB    GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080TI gaming oc 11g   Case: Corsair 600Q Storage: 1TB Samsung 870(boot), samsung 850evo 500GB, 2TB Corsair MX500, samsung 2TB 970 evo plus, WD 5TB black    PSU: Corsair AX860    CPU cooling: Corsair H105

10 minutes ago, EnemySp0tt3d said:

If you are getting a 1080 you might as well get a 1440p monitor. 

I Think he wants it for the 144 hz refresh rate and all the 144z 1440p monitors that i know are 500$ + 

Why not go for the more recent Skylake build? They cost about the same and you benefit more from it. To answer your question, you should be fine for the most part. Audio editing is a cake walk unless you are planning on recording real instruments and have accuracy monitoring the sound(not needed for production). Streaming is fine but it is CPU intensive so you should probably get the more recent architecture to be on the safe side(6700k). 

Spoiler

CPU: i7 5930k  |  Motherboard: EVGA X99 Classified  |  RAM: 32 GB Crucial DDR4  |  GPU:  R9 290 Reference Tri-Crossfire w/Kraken g10 mod  | Case: Corsair 780t  |  Storage: Sandisk 960GB SSD, Crucial 960GB SSD, 128GB Sandisk SSD, Seagate 2TB Hard Drive, Seagate Archive Drive 8TB, HGST Deskstar 4TB  |  PSU: Rosewill Gold Lightning-1300, Display(s): Nixeus Vue 24"144Hz FreeSync, 50in TV, Yiynova MVP22U(V3) Tablet Monitor w/ Mechanical Arm  |  Cooling: Cosair H55, H105, 2*Kraken X41  |  Keyboard:  Rosewill Mechanical Brown Keyboard| Mouse: MX Master, G602  | Sound:  Sennheiser HD 700, Westone W40, SoundBlaster e5, Fiio e18

12 minutes ago, davidsupernor said:

Can I stream from this computer, how good will viedo and audio editing be. Are there any bottlenecks. And most importantly will it all fit? Just curious the  compatibility check said it would. Just wanted to hear it from some people.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/wCBkXH

Please tell me you haven't bought any of it.

Just now, Ichi said:

Please tell me you haven't bought any of it.

No not yet.

4 minutes ago, iLoiter said:

Why not go for the more recent Skylake build? They cost about the same and you benefit more from it. To answer your question, you should be fine for the most part. Audio editing is a cake walk unless you are planning on recording real instruments and have accuracy monitoring the sound(not needed for the most part). Streaming is fine but it is CPU intensive so you should probably get the more recent architecture to be on the safe side(6700k). 

I thought that too. The 6700k isn't compatible, whats a skylake build I keep hearing about that.

19 minutes ago, davidsupernor said:

Can I stream from this computer, how good will viedo and audio editing be. Are there any bottlenecks. And most importantly will it all fit? Just curious the  compatibility check said it would. Just wanted to hear it from some people.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/wCBkXH

This list could use some updates. The i7 6700k is selling for $320 on Amazon and Newegg right now to my knowledge, please get that, and the Asus Z170-A is $150. And just make sure to get DDR4, which is about the same price.

Just now, davidsupernor said:

I thought that too. The 6700k isn't compatible, whats a skylake build I keep hearing about that.

you´ll need a z170 board for that. not a z97. skylake = 1151 socket. haswell 1150 socket.

1 hour ago, potatoproduction said:

The only thing i would change to your build is to add an ssd , they make a world of a difference in almost every task. It will speed up every task that isn't gaming 

It will only speed up loading times, not the actual performance of the system :)

1 hour ago, somebody* said:

you´ll need a z170 board for that. not a z97.

The i7 6700k is selling for $320, and an Asus Z170-A is about $150

10 minutes ago, davidsupernor said:

skylake is the name of new intel cpu architecture and the cpu number always starts with 6 if it is skylake

your cpu is a older architecture named broadwell with a cpu # that starts with 4

1 minute ago, potatoproduction said:

skylake is the name of new intel cpu architecture and the cpu number always starts with 6 if it is skylake

your cpu is a older architecture named broadwell with a cpu # that starts with 4

ok thanks.

13 minutes ago, Aezesel said:

It will only speed up loading times, not the actual performance of the system :)

I would argue that loading times is an important factor of a system. SSD also speeds up saving large documents or videos or making copies of files and encrypting and decrypting, etc. Those minutes/seconds saved add up.

Spoiler

CPU: i7 5930k  |  Motherboard: EVGA X99 Classified  |  RAM: 32 GB Crucial DDR4  |  GPU:  R9 290 Reference Tri-Crossfire w/Kraken g10 mod  | Case: Corsair 780t  |  Storage: Sandisk 960GB SSD, Crucial 960GB SSD, 128GB Sandisk SSD, Seagate 2TB Hard Drive, Seagate Archive Drive 8TB, HGST Deskstar 4TB  |  PSU: Rosewill Gold Lightning-1300, Display(s): Nixeus Vue 24"144Hz FreeSync, 50in TV, Yiynova MVP22U(V3) Tablet Monitor w/ Mechanical Arm  |  Cooling: Cosair H55, H105, 2*Kraken X41  |  Keyboard:  Rosewill Mechanical Brown Keyboard| Mouse: MX Master, G602  | Sound:  Sennheiser HD 700, Westone W40, SoundBlaster e5, Fiio e18

31 minutes ago, iLoiter said:

I would argue that loading times is an important factor of a system. SSD also speeds up saving large documents or videos or making copies of files and encrypting and decrypting, etc. Those minutes/seconds saved add up.

Yes, it would be more precise that it speeds up everything involving reading from or writing to the hard drive. How much of an impact it has overall will depend mostly on what the system is used for and how it is used (for example, where you install the most used programs, etc).

I think that the 1080 is an overkill since you are stuck at 1080p, you should consider a newer cpu and generally ddr4 support since you are spending that kind of cash, get an ssd for your boot drive ( YOU WILL LOVE IT). And besides gaming you could do everything really, I mean nasa send a rocket to the moon using something with much less power than your kitchen oven might be having today.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/21/2016 at 2:03 AM, Nick Kapo said:

I think that the 1080 is an overkill since you are stuck at 1080p, you should consider a newer cpu and generally ddr4 support since you are spending that kind of cash, get an ssd for your boot drive ( YOU WILL LOVE IT). And besides gaming you could do everything really, I mean nasa send a rocket to the moon using something with much less power than your kitchen oven might be having today.

New List

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/jdBXyf