10 Keyless Mechanical Keyboard for Office

DZSlasher
Go to solution Solved by kungpaogao,

- If you don't have a budget, go for a Topre Realforce 87U (it's expensive, but it's arguably one of the best; it's an "endgame" for some enthusiasts). You could also go for a CM Novatouch TKL, which also feature Topre (45g) switches.

- There are also cheaper Topre copies such as the Royal Kludge RC930-87 (which is what I'm typing on right now), but you can only really get them on Massdrop in the US.

- As I mentioned above, this category of switch (electro-capacitive) is the one I personally use. They are GREAT for typing, and I highly recommend them.

- Otherwise, I recommend the CM Storm Quickfire Rapid, or Rapid-i (if you need backlighting) with MX Browns (MX Blues would probably be too loud for an office). They are relatively inexpensive, and pretty reliable.

- If you want something rugged, check the link for the Realforce 87U because the same site sells KUL ES-87's which have really nice build quality (obviously a little more expensive though). Once again, I recommend MX Browns.

- If you don't mind using Massdrop (i.e. waiting a month for the group buy to complete and be delivered), there are occasionally group buys for Varmilo TKL keyboards. There is actually one right now, and it has a choice for Gateron switches, which are the best (?) Cherry MX clones.

- The Matias Mini Quiet Pro (if you are not in US, check the official site) is also a good choice for offices. It's not exactly "TKL", but I heard it's quite nice.

You should probably do some more research to find out what you like. Make sure you check each switch for its sound test, sound is half of the experience of typing! Also, I highly recommend you invest a little more into a keyboard (assuming you type a lot).

I am looking to pick-up a 10 keyless keyboard for work. As I have not tried any mechanical keys with switches outside of Red so if you can recommend a good key switch for typing. Additionally, RGB lighting is not a requirement as I not interested in paying a premium for this feature. 

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. 

4 minutes ago, DZSlasher said:

I am looking to pick-up a 10 keyless keyboard for work. As I have not tried any mechanical keys with switches outside of Red so if you can recommend a good key switch for typing. Additionally, RGB lighting is not a requirement as I not interested in paying a premium for this feature. 

if you're going to type a lot, i would recommend any blue swich mechanical keyboard.

In massdrop you have a lot of keyboards like that

Remember to quote me (or someone else), otherwise we won't going to recieve your answers...

PC Specs                   PCPartpicker full performance builds (from350$-1250$)

If you're going to use it in the office I would avoid anything that clicks (i.e. don't go with blues). I'd recommend browns. Although my personal favorite is clears (heavy browns). 

The Quickfire Rapid/K65 are both good TKL choices. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 hour ago, DZSlasher said:

Corsair k65

• CPU: AMD athlon  860k
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte F2A58M-HD2
  • RAM:2x4gb HyperX Fury
  • GPU: XFX R9 380 4gb
  • Case: NXZT S340
  • PSU: EVGA 650G
  • Display: BenQ GL2460HM
  • Cooling: Hyper 212 Evo
  • Keyboard: Corsair k60 
  • Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300 (white
  • Sound Logitech g430
  • Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

•  

Aside for the Corsair K65 keyboard which was mentioned, are there any other recommendations for a keyboard that I can buy off the shelf?

51 minutes ago, DZSlasher said:

Aside for the Corsair K65 keyboard which was mentioned, are there any other recommendations for a keyboard that I can buy off the shelf?

On 8/20/2016 at 4:59 PM, djdwosk97 said:

The Quickfire Rapid/K65 are both good TKL choices. 

There's also the Thermaltake Poseidon ZX (Kailh, not Cherry MX), Razer Blackwidow Tournament (Razer switches, not Cherry), Logitech G410 (Romer G), and some Ducky/Das keyboards.

I would highly recommend the Quickfire Rapid as Razer doesn't have great build quality, and the Logitech/Ducky/Das keyboards are far more expensive.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

- If you don't have a budget, go for a Topre Realforce 87U (it's expensive, but it's arguably one of the best; it's an "endgame" for some enthusiasts). You could also go for a CM Novatouch TKL, which also feature Topre (45g) switches.

- There are also cheaper Topre copies such as the Royal Kludge RC930-87 (which is what I'm typing on right now), but you can only really get them on Massdrop in the US.

- As I mentioned above, this category of switch (electro-capacitive) is the one I personally use. They are GREAT for typing, and I highly recommend them.

- Otherwise, I recommend the CM Storm Quickfire Rapid, or Rapid-i (if you need backlighting) with MX Browns (MX Blues would probably be too loud for an office). They are relatively inexpensive, and pretty reliable.

- If you want something rugged, check the link for the Realforce 87U because the same site sells KUL ES-87's which have really nice build quality (obviously a little more expensive though). Once again, I recommend MX Browns.

- If you don't mind using Massdrop (i.e. waiting a month for the group buy to complete and be delivered), there are occasionally group buys for Varmilo TKL keyboards. There is actually one right now, and it has a choice for Gateron switches, which are the best (?) Cherry MX clones.

- The Matias Mini Quiet Pro (if you are not in US, check the official site) is also a good choice for offices. It's not exactly "TKL", but I heard it's quite nice.

You should probably do some more research to find out what you like. Make sure you check each switch for its sound test, sound is half of the experience of typing! Also, I highly recommend you invest a little more into a keyboard (assuming you type a lot).

PLEASE QUOTE ME WHEN YOU REPLY TO MY POSTS, thank you.