R9 380X weird visual bug (in some games)

Ok so I get this really weird glitch in some games, and not in others. I have a relatively new R9 380X Nitro which I upgraded to from a GTX 950. Wiped all the old Nvidia stuff etc.

Basically it's this sort of stepped-black-lines glitch that appears on the edges of some objects in some games. BF4 mantle has the issue really bad, but BF4 DX11 does not at all. DiRT rally also has the issue but only really seen along the edges of the roll bars / dashboard in the car under certain lighting. I am on the latest hotfix drivers but it was happening before that.

The lines also seem to shift with perspective. I have no idea what to do.

Screenshot: BF4 graphics lines glitch.png

21 minutes ago, fastfishy2 said:

BF4 mantle has the issue really bad, but BF4 DX11 does not at all. DiRT rally also has the issue but only really seen along the edges of the roll bars / dashboard in the car under certain lighting. I am on the latest hotfix drivers but it was happening before that.

The lines also seem to shift with perspective. I have no idea what to do.

I wouldn't trust Mantle anymore now that DX12 and Vulkan are out. I'd recommend reporting it to AMD to get them to look at the problem since it's probably something they can fix:

http://www.amd.com/report

Looks like some shading issue.

Main gaming pc: Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh Performance - Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI GTX1080Ti Armor - AMD Wraith Spire RGB - ASUS TUF Gaming B550 Plus - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 2x8GB 3200MHz - 500GB M.2 (and a few other drives)

Gaming laptop: ASUS GL552VW: i7 6700HQ - GTX960M 2GB - 8GB DDR4 2166Mhz RAM - 1TB 7200RPM HDD

2 minutes ago, xDanielxOossiex said:

Looks like some shading issue.

Is that a hardware problem usually? or is it a software problem? And is it possible I might be able to fix it?

It isn't a hardware issue (might be, but in most cases not).

Main gaming pc: Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh Performance - Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI GTX1080Ti Armor - AMD Wraith Spire RGB - ASUS TUF Gaming B550 Plus - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 2x8GB 3200MHz - 500GB M.2 (and a few other drives)

Gaming laptop: ASUS GL552VW: i7 6700HQ - GTX960M 2GB - 8GB DDR4 2166Mhz RAM - 1TB 7200RPM HDD

14 minutes ago, MaxBunny said:

I wouldn't trust Mantle anymore now that DX12 and Vulkan are out. I'd recommend reporting it to AMD to get them to look at the problem since it's probably something they can fix:

http://www.amd.com/report

I'll definitely try reporting it to AMD tonight once I can read the product code off the box. Are they usually very helpful at all with this? My experience in the past was that their technical support team responded slower than internet explorer.

6 minutes ago, fastfishy2 said:

I'll definitely try reporting it to AMD tonight once I can read the product code off the box. Are they usually very helpful at all with this? My experience in the past was that their technical support team responded slower than internet explorer.

That's not their tech support, it's their driver support. They don't respond but they do make driver updates to fix the problems. It takes depends on how long it takes for them to see your report and replicate the symptoms.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-Edition-16-8-1-Release-Notes.aspx

Battlefield™ 4 may experience intermittent crashes when using Mantle. As a work around users are suggested to switch to DirectX®11.

CPU: AMD 3600 GPU: ASUS DUAL OC RX 6750 XT MOBO: Asus Prime X570-P RAM: 16GB XPG Gammix D10 3000Mhz

PSU: Gamdias Kratos P1 650w 80+ Gold OS:Windows 10 pro Case: 4U Rackmount  HDD/SSD:Seagate 8 TB/ Patriot Scorch m.2 512GB

You can't spell ignorant without IGN...-TheSLSAMG

26 minutes ago, h3ll0 said:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-Edition-16-8-1-Release-Notes.aspx

Battlefield™ 4 may experience intermittent crashes when using Mantle. As a work around users are suggested to switch to DirectX®11.

yeah, but I don't get crashes and it isn't just battlefield 4.

Mantle is just broken, even on Dragon age inquisition

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

28 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

Mantle is just broken, even on Dragon age inquisition

It's not just games with mantle though which is strange

Then try using DDU to uninstall drivers, then reinstall them

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

14 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

Then try using DDU to uninstall drivers, then reinstall them

Done that and nothing happened

22 minutes ago, fastfishy2 said:

Done that and nothing happened

Is your card overclocked?

7 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

Is your card overclocked?

factory overclocked, power saving settings are off. GPU clock @ 1040Mhz, mem is overclocked out of box as well. It doesn't show this issue in some scenarios and does in others (for example unigen valley bench)

Try use older Mantle version, drop the dll on same directory as the game exe.
Also clean BF4 Mantle cache in My Doc.

https://mega.nz/#F!8tlAhDyQ!2AkAQukJKAYuIWEzDTGtFA

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

So I got onto BF4 this afternoon and took a screenshot of the same place using DX11, and you can see a stark difference.

BF4 graphics lines glitch.png

Ayy lmao. I tested kerbals space program on my laptop (i5 5200u, GeForce 820m) and the lines are there same as on my desktop (very minor but they are there)

looks like its its just the games and not my hardware or software. Haha.