Just saying hi!

noelchampagne

Hello everyone! I just joined the site. I posted this on my facebook yesterday and a friend said I should put it up here as well. So here goes...

Why we build By:Noel Champagne

How much dose a computer cost? Depending on where you shop, you can get a half decent one for a couple of hundred bucks. That is not too much to spend right? You get the system, the labor, and the warranty if something goes wrong. Do you get anything like that when you build your own? Most of the time...no...no you don't. So why do it. Why take the risk when you can have that nice little cushion to keep yourself safe? I build because I enjoy it. I have been building computers for about seven years so I have not been doing this for a really long time. In that time frame, I must have built about 5 different computers from scratch...and I had a blast doing every build. Even when I wanted to pull my hair out because there was a problem that I could not figure out right away, I still enjoyed it. Hand picking every part, trying to get the best value for my buck, and watching it come together right before my eyes is something I will never get tired of. Watching all of my hard work coming together with that first post, and begin installing the os is the biggest thrill for me. Sitting beside the newly born rig and putting it through it's paces...games...benchmarks...everything brings me a deep sense of satisfaction. Even when I have finished my rig, I start dreaming about the next upgrade, the next part, the next build. So why do I build my own computers? Because I can...and I love doing it. I hope to be doing it for a long time to come.

I will do a better intro later on. Sorry about the long first post. Thank you all.

Most things you buy from a retailer(CPU, hard drive, etc) come with a warranty for a few years.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

welcome!

CPU: i5 3570K @4.5GHz    GPU: R9 290   MOBO: ASUS p8z77-v  RAM: 8Gb corsair vengence   CASE: ARC MIDI  PSU: XFX pro 550W  HDD: 2tb segate baracuda

Welcome, i think you will fit in just fine here on the LTT forum :) 

And then you realize your shoes are filled with peanut butter, what then?! >:L

hello ma'am 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Welcome to the forum :)

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715