My father's PC problem

EchoeeqCreeper

Hey guys,

So apparently I came to my father's house, and my father said that his computer has occured some BSOD (Blue Screen of Death). So when I'm browsing with the PC, yeah, suddenly BSOD appeared,

and the error code that written is: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. I googled that, tried some solution, ie run Command Prompt and type sfc/scannow, and ran some Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool.

But it all came to nothing. Both sfc/scannow and Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool shows no problem is detected. Any solution?

PC Specs:

Intel Core i3-4170 @3.7 GHz

ASRock H81M-VG4 Socket 1150

V-Gen DDR3 4GB RAM

PowerColor Radeon HD 5670 2GB DDR3

Seagate HDD 500 GB 7200RPM

Windows 10 Professional

Thanks

I blame the super cheap looking ram. Dunno, shove a different stick in, see if the issue persists after a week or so. If it does, you know the problem. If it doesn't, then you can rule out system memory as the issue and begin weeding out errors in the OS.

7 minutes ago, EchoeeqCreeper said:

Hey guys,

So apparently I came to my father's house, and my father said that his computer has occured some BSOD (Blue Screen of Death). So when I'm browsing with the PC, yeah, suddenly BSOD appeared,

and the error code that written is: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. I googled that, tried some solution, ie run Command Prompt and type sfc/scannow, and ran some Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool.

But it all came to nothing. Both sfc/scannow and Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool shows no problem is detected. Any solution?

PC Specs:

Intel Core i3-4170 @3.7 GHz

ASRock H81M-VG4 Socket 1150

V-Gen DDR3 4GB RAM

PowerColor Radeon HD 5670 2GB DDR3

Seagate HDD 500 GB 7200RPM

Windows 10 Professional

Thanks

Go download memtest86 and run that. it will show if there is any issues with the RAM installed. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

2 minutes ago, SageOfSpice said:

I blame the super cheap looking ram. Dunno, shove a different stick in, see if the issue persists after a week or so. If it does, you know the problem. If it doesn't, then you can rule out system memory as the issue and begin weeding out errors in the OS.

Thanks for your answer. I would try another stick of ram if it possible.

3 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Go download memtest86 and run that. it will show if there is any issues with the RAM installed. 

I'll go ahead. Thanks for your answer btw.

That RAM looks so sketchy.... I have never heard of that brand so I suspect it's RAM. Try MemTest 86 to diagnose the problem.

Main System Specs:

• Intel Core i5 6500 3.2GHz CPU
  • Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H Motherboard
  • Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 2400MHz, Gskill Ripjaws 8GB
  • Asus GTX 1060 Turbo
  • Kingston HyperX Savage 240GB SSD
  • Seagate 1TB NAS Grade HDD x2
  • Thermaltake NiC F3 Cooler
  • EVGA Supernova 750 G2 Power Supply
  • NZXT S340 Red/Black Case
  • Noctua NF-F12 Fan x2

Laptop Specs:

• Intel Pentium N3700 CPU
  • 4GB Kingston RAM
  • Intel HD Graphics
  • Windows 10 Home

Peripherals:

• Microsoft Wired 600 KB
  • Dell 2003 Mouse
  • HP Compaq LA2206x Monitor
  • Logitech X530 5.1 Speakers
  • Roland RH-5 Headphones

2 minutes ago, Warning said:

That RAM looks so sketchy.... I have never heard of that brand so I suspect it's RAM. Try MemTest 86 to diagnose the problem.

Thanks bro, I thought so.

1 hour ago, legacy99 said:

Hey bro, just an update, I have tried the Memtest86, did the test, and nothing showed up like nothing is happening.

Should I really replace that darn stick?

Thx

54 minutes ago, EchoeeqCreeper said:

Hey bro, just an update, I have tried the Memtest86, did the test, and nothing showed up like nothing is happening.

Should I really replace that darn stick?

Thx

did you run it? YOu will need to install it onto a USB stick and reboot the computer to run the program. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e91hb60iPew

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

2 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

did you run it? YOu will need to install it onto a USB stick and reboot the computer to run the program. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e91hb60iPew

Yeah I did install it on USB drive, and booted via the USB drive...

The process takes up approximately 5-10 minutes, and the results says that 0 problem detected.

1 minute ago, EchoeeqCreeper said:

Yeah I did install it on USB drive, and booted via the USB drive...

The process takes up approximately 5-10 minutes, and the results says that 0 problem detected.

ok, well if you do atleast 10-15 passes with no errors detected, then the memory is testing fine and is likely not the issue. In the windows event viewer, there should be a dump file from your BSOD, grab that and post here so we can view the full dump file. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

28 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

ok, well if you do atleast 10-15 passes with no errors detected, then the memory is testing fine and is likely not the issue. In the windows event viewer, there should be a dump file from your BSOD, grab that and post here so we can view the full dump file. 

Actually, where is the dump file though? I can't find one... Or is it just me that don't know where it is...

When was the last time he opened up the computer and cleaned the dust out? (and checked that the cooling fans were running?)

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD

1 hour ago, Quaker said:

When was the last time he opened up the computer and cleaned the dust out? (and checked that the cooling fans were running?)

I assume he never ever open up the computer for cleaning... Because he is an extremely busy person who never have time to clean his own PC :D