Help with 18 year old Fisher Audio

Redaltt

Hi, I recently discovered I have a set of 4 Fisher Speakers that are about 18 years old, maybe 20.

This speakers are a set of two tall ones, about 1.5 meters, with:

RMS Power rating of 110 WATTS

Impedance of 8 ohms

2 small speakers about 20 centimeters, with:

RMS of 30 watts,

I want to use this speakers with my pc, but they have a those two separate cables the big ones, red and black which my guess is they fit a normal amplifier.

The small ones, only have a one wire for each.

What kind of amplifier should I get, and from there how can I connect it my pc to receive a surround sound?

I also posses a two small speaker set with a Sub-woofer.

Please help.  

Likely would need a receiver to connect those speakers to, which you would then connect to your PC with something like an RCA to 3.5mm adaptor. 

Thats what I have at the moment, will upload more soon.

Thank you guys!!!

20160714_193035.jpg

20160714_193056.jpg

Yeah, you'll want some kind of receiver for that. Like a home theater amp. Could probably find an older one at a pawn shop that could make this a nice audio upgrade on the cheap if the speakers are decent.

You'll then connect the audio out on your machine to an input on the receiver.

1 hour ago, t33to said:

Yeah, you'll want some kind of receiver for that. Like a home theater amp. Could probably find an older one at a pawn shop that could make this a nice audio upgrade on the cheap if the speakers are decent.

You'll then connect the audio out on your machine to an input on the receiver.

Can you give me an example of an AMP?

I really do not know what specs does it need, I can afford like 100 to 200 bucks for it...

And another 100 for umm what you say I need to connect the amp to the pc?

34 minutes ago, Redaltt said:

Can you give me an example of an AMP?

I really do not know what specs does it need, I can afford like 100 to 200 bucks for it...

And another 100 for umm what you say I need to connect the amp to the pc?

I couldn't tell you exactly. I'm not a home theater pro, and that's all home theater/sound gear. If they were mine, I'd go to the nearest pawn shop and buy any receiver home theater amplifier unit that had the right inputs and outputs and give it a shot.

You're looking for something like this

xl_Yamaha_HTR_5250_Home_Theater_Power_Re

22 minutes ago, t33to said:

I couldn't tell you exactly. I'm not a home theater pro, and that's all home theater/sound gear. If they were mine, I'd go to the nearest pawn shop and buy any receiver home theater amplifier unit that had the right inputs and outputs and give it a shot.

You're looking for something like this

xl_Yamaha_HTR_5250_Home_Theater_Power_Re

well, thank you a lot!! i will look for an AV receiver, I only have the question for the how to get it connected to my pc, lol!

4 minutes ago, Redaltt said:

well, thank you a lot!! i will look for an AV receiver, I only have the question for the how to get it connected to my pc, lol!

EZ mode. You are looking for receiver amplifier that has an AUX or CD input. In the back of the unit will be a bunch of input jacks (I believe they are known as RCA jacks) that will be RED and WHITE in color. You will want to get a cable that goes from headphone jack style cable to RCA.

Here is a pic of what the back of your unit should look like. (the bottom graphic). In the lower left of the unit you can see all the inputs. Also, notice the black and red SPEAKER outputs in the middle. That's where you'll hook up the speakers. Looks like this one has FRONT AND BACK speaker outputs, so 4 channels. If it has a subwoofer out it could be true 5.1 surround.

71ts-H8RHXL._SL1500_.jpg

Here is a pic of that headphone cable to RCA. These are found everywhere, sometimes even in gas stations.

3-5mm-Stereo-Mini-Plug-to-Dual-RCA-Plugs

Good luck, hope that helps.

2 minutes ago, t33to said:

EZ mode. You are looking for receiver amplifier that has an AUX or CD input. In the back of the unit will be a bunch of input jacks (I believe they are known as RCA jacks) that will be RED and WHITE in color. You will want to get a cable that goes from headphone jack style cable to RCA.

Here is a pic of what the back of your unit should look like. (the bottom graphic). In the lower left of the unit you can see all the inputs. Also, notice the black and red SPEAKER outputs in the middle. That's where you'll hook up the speakers. Looks like this one has FRONT AND BACK speaker outputs, so 4 channels. If it has a subwoofer out it could be true 5.1 surround.

71ts-H8RHXL._SL1500_.jpg

Here is a pic of that headphone cable to RCA. These are found everywhere, sometimes even in gas stations.

3-5mm-Stereo-Mini-Plug-to-Dual-RCA-Plugs

Good luck, hope that helps.

Awesome!

OK,ok, well one question, how does this work, around if I see only 4 ins for the audio, I do have a subwoofer, but how would it get plugged in to be true 5.1??

and, would this be ok?

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-STR-DG910-Receiver-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B000OGA802/ref=sr_1_11?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1468563764&sr=1-11&keywords=av+receiver&refinements=p_36%3A1253505011

And, do you know anything about SPDIF?

or the speakers too old to work around that?

11 minutes ago, Redaltt said:

Awesome!

OK,ok, well one question, how does this work, around if I see only 4 ins for the audio, I do have a subwoofer, but how would it get plugged in to be true 5.1??

and, would this be ok?

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-STR-DG910-Receiver-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B000OGA802/ref=sr_1_11?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1468563764&sr=1-11&keywords=av+receiver&refinements=p_36%3A1253505011

And, do you know anything about SPDIF?

or the speakers too old to work around that?

That thing is 7.1 sound, so I think that means FRONT MID and REAR speakers, and the .1 indicates it should have a subwoofer out. And you mean **4 outputs**, you only need one input and that's coming from your computer (be sure that cable you get is long enough). I believe SPDIF is a digital audio out connection. If your motherboard or soundcard supports it, and the receiver supports it as well, then sure, you can go fully digital right to the receiver. Just make sure both your comp and the reciever supports it.

From what I know, no audio ever makes it to the speakers in digital format, the reciever should turn it back into analog in which case your old speakers should still work.

w00t.