choosing a motherboard for fx 8350

hey guys...

I want a help in choosing a motherboard for my fx 8350 which is of 125w...nd i want a motherboard which

keeps my system stable enough for gaming....

i have a tight budget so i wont be going for high-end motherboards....

i dont want many special features from my motherboard but i want its longer life span..and

it should keep my system very stable...

im also going to use asus gtx 650ti

how about Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 or ASUS M5A78L-M LX V2 ????

how are these?? are they good enough??

which one is better??

thanx in advance.. :)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128514

drop the CPU to the 8320 and spend a little more on the board to get proper cooling.

if you're going to overclock this board is a very good one.

if you're seriously on a tight budget get a cheaper cpu and spend alittle more on the gpu. the cpu is overkill for just gaming

I would have to say the Gigabyte one is better because it has 4 RAM slots and usb 3.0 because of your budget I'd say it is ok and I don't know whether you need it to be that form factor. Take a look at this Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 it's slightly more, £15 pounds in England. (Don't know what country you are in)

Take a look at that, if you can use it in your budget. I would personally go for a higher end board because you don't want problems with your motherboard.

If you tell people what your price for components are and what form factor you are after it will help people recommend things for you. Also how much ram are you considering using because one of those only has 2 slots?

The CPU is slight overkill for just gaming and the motherboards you are looking for will not let you do much with your CPU consider downsizing and spending it where it matters more.

Well, you could look at FX 6300 and AMD 970 or AMD 990FX motherboards. 970 series would be cheaper and you could go with GTX 660 or AMD 7870

I have to say, I have an MSI GD65 v2 and i absolutely love it. My overclocking was really simple, their support is unbelievable, and they add in alot cool funcitonality in the bios and on there applications disk. Its pretty cheap on NewEgg and it cools VERY well. Im also a fan of its readout LEDs that it has in the top right of the board. This helps when you are trying to focus on the power consumption of the board.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130677

the price will also allow you a little room in your graphics card area if you would like. and you can stick with that 8350

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Hands down
He said he has a tight budget and won't be going for high end boards.

Ok My Freind,,,Asus ROG Boards are HIGH end,,,what the Sabertooth offers,,Is the best Bang for the buck.

There are a TON of single PCI-E MOBO's,,,, It Is What It Is.

My Sabertooth 990FX pretty much Matched my FX-8120 in cost. The ROG Boards are Matching the i7X CPU's

Just My 2Cents

:\ guyz i hav only USD $74 budget.. for motherboard...i think gigabyte ga-78lmt would be ok for that!!

nd once again im telling you.. that i dont want high end ones.... i jst want my system to be stable nd motherboard should last longer time..

ill be using 8GB 1333mhz ram..nd asus gtx 650ti!!

Hey, buy ASRock 970 Extreme3, it is a good motherboard for the price... you can personally message me for the info of the board..

Whats your future plans do you plan to upgrade graphics and maybe sli or do you intend to get a amd card in crossfire. Do you plan to over clock? Do you want to render videos. How much ram would you like? How many hdd or ssd do you have ? What form factor case do you have ?

MB: Gigabyte Auros Gaming 7 Z370 Cpu: Intel i7 8700K @ 4.8ghz Gpu: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming OC 8GB Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz  Psu: Corsair RM1000i 

Ssd's: WD Green nvme m.2 512gb (boot), 480gb (Steam), 480gb (Uplay) and 480gb (Origin)  Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H115i 280mm

Case: Corsair Obsidian Series 900D Monitors 1: Asus pb287q @ 75hz

:\ guyz i hav only USD $74 budget.. for motherboard...i think gigabyte ga-78lmt would be ok for that!!

nd once again im telling you.. that i dont want high end ones.... i jst want my system to be stable nd motherboard should last longer time..

ill be using 8GB 1333mhz ram..nd asus gtx 650ti!!

Well i suggested a happy medium board that is basically afforable for the type of CPU you are fitting,

I went for the 990 FX pro R2.0 for simular reasons, its pretty much like the one down from the sabertooth, but still has many good high build quality and future-proof with usb 3, sata 3, good onboard sound and very clean looking board.

If you want something cheaper then you will regeat it later on as it will be out of date if it dont have usb 3, sata 3 etc.

I would save that little bit more and go for a medium cost board like around the $150 range.

got to love Asus components

Whats your future plans do you plan to upgrade graphics and maybe sli or do you intend to get a amd card in crossfire. Do you plan to over clock? Do you want to render videos. How much ram would you like? How many hdd or ssd do you have ? What form factor case do you have ?
i have no future plans for sli or crossfire... im going to use single gtx 650ti....nd no special overclocking only the processor will overclock itself as its the pile driver one.. no rendering videos 8gb 1333mhz of ram nd one hdd 7200rpm no ssd nd mid tower atx form factor.... hope this helps...

[h=1]Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3

Asrock 970 Pro3 Socket Am3+

MSI 970A-G46 Socket AM3+[/h]

Any of these three Motherboard Should be more that than you need at a reasonable price.

[h=1][/h]

MB: Gigabyte Auros Gaming 7 Z370 Cpu: Intel i7 8700K @ 4.8ghz Gpu: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming OC 8GB Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz  Psu: Corsair RM1000i 

Ssd's: WD Green nvme m.2 512gb (boot), 480gb (Steam), 480gb (Uplay) and 480gb (Origin)  Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H115i 280mm

Case: Corsair Obsidian Series 900D Monitors 1: Asus pb287q @ 75hz

I just did this upgrading a Q6600, budget was $400 (with tax & shipping) to replace the cpu, mb & memory...re-used the other parts. I ended up going with the following:

FX-8320 - $150 (on sale), after tax & shipping $175

Asus Sabertooth 99FX - $135 (used)

left me $90 for 16gb or ram

another option is the Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 which can be found on sale (twice last month in Canada) for $120 and then PM'd down to $112 (minus any rebates)...of course this all depends on your budget and where you live. Hope that helps

yeah i would recommend a 990FX board for sure.

got to love Asus components