Kraken 7.1 Chroma vs Siberia 350

boba99999
Go to solution Solved by Dackzy,

HyperX cloud, it does not matter what model you get they all sound the same.

I'm choosing a headset and I wanted to know which one is better? Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma or Steelseries Siberia 350. They both cost the same. 

Neither. Go for the HyperX Cloud.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

Yup. HyperX Cloud or CloudII if you're willing to pay that extra bit of greens

HyperX cloud, it does not matter what model you get they all sound the same.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

I agree with the HyperX Cloud II recommendation.  If for some reason you can't pony up that tiny bit of extra cash, then go with neither.  The Steelseries Siberia 200 is a rebranded version of the Steelseries Siberia v2, is cheaper, and sounds better than the Steelseries Siberia 350, which is a rebrand of the Siberia v3.

More information in case you need it.  The advantage there is that the 350 requires USB, and will not work the same for consoles, if it works at all, as it would if it did not require USB.  The 200s use standard audio jacks for the mic and the earphones themselves and comes with an adapter for you to hook it to a phone, tablet or game console as well.

While the 350 has virtual surround sound capabilities through Steelseries' software, the 200s just sound nicer.  You can use the EQ of your built-in sound card to control its sound instead of Steelseries' software.  And besides, the surround sound bit for headsets is mostly a gimmick.  Sure, it works, and it doesn't always suck, especially nowadays, but most games have a "headphones" or "binaural" setup for audio for a reason - they provide a 3D sound space which, honestly, will put most virtual surround sound setups to shame anyways.