Anyone knows where to get Nexus 5 Motherboard for cheap?

Huntsman

I have a Nexus 5 which has lost USB connectivity. Charges fine, just no data. One day I mistakenly flashed wrong ROM and wiped the storage. However, I can't get new ROMs in because the USB is screwed. Tried swapping the USB PCB(or whatever you call the strip of PCB at the bottom of the phone) but no difference. This led me to believe that the USB part of the motherboard died (possibly that part of the processor).

Looking online for motherboards they sell almost the price of a new one. FYI you can get a new Nexus 5 nowadays for USD140 ish. So is there a place to get motherboards for less than 80USD or so. Or a Nexus 5 with cracked screen or other damages but with working motherboard for cheaper?

Thanks in advance!

The Internet is invented by cats. Why? Why else would it have so much cat videos?

https://www.ifixit.com/Store/Parts/Nexus-5-Motherboard/IF293-004-1

Pricing of Nexus 5 varies by location.

Please note:

Smartphones aren't computers yet. it's not easy replacing something even as simple as a camera, since it's so cramped into a small space, and that's why there's no components such as a fan. Only replace the motherbord if your an expert, or have excellent levels of patience. It's extremely risky, and that's why companies void the warranty if you take apart your phone.

Nexus 5 is old, there are many flagship phone options from 2015 that work well, although they may fall behind depending on your usage. I'm just stating that although Nexus 5 is cheap, but it's not worth purchasing a 3 year old phone. Purchasing the latest smartphone will last longer than an outdated one. If you must have a phone that is the Nexus 5, I'd suggest searching for stores that sell it on a contract. Buying a Nexus 5 with a cracked screen or damage can cause problems if you were to accidentally damage it further. (We're humans, accidents happen)

-Kevin-

4 hours ago, krkevin said:

https://www.ifixit.com/Store/Parts/Nexus-5-Motherboard/IF293-004-1

Pricing of Nexus 5 varies by location.

Please note:

Smartphones aren't computers yet. it's not easy replacing something even as simple as a camera, since it's so cramped into a small space, and that's why there's no components such as a fan. Only replace the motherbord if your an expert, or have excellent levels of patience. It's extremely risky, and that's why companies void the warranty if you take apart your phone.

Nexus 5 is old, there are many flagship phone options from 2015 that work well, although they may fall behind depending on your usage. I'm just stating that although Nexus 5 is cheap, but it's not worth purchasing a 3 year old phone. Purchasing the latest smartphone will last longer than an outdated one. If you must have a phone that is the Nexus 5, I'd suggest searching for stores that sell it on a contract. Buying a Nexus 5 with a cracked screen or damage can cause problems if you were to accidentally damage it further. (We're humans, accidents happen)

Thanks for the reply. That ifixit link I've been there. Including shipping it'll be over 110 USD when shipped to my place. I'm looking to get it fixed because it has sentimental values. I don't plan to use it as my daily driver as I've already bought One Plus One last year when the Nexus broke. However, I don't plan to spend too much on it either.

The Internet is invented by cats. Why? Why else would it have so much cat videos?

So far, this is the cheapest one i found on eBay: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Nexus-5-D820-16Gb-Logic-Board-Motherboard-/152051828534?hash=item2366fec736:g:zG0AAOSwJQdXDUJI

(If your willing to wait for the shipping, it's worth it)

Note: You never stated your location. No offense, but Nexus 5 is a smartphone, and nothing more. Don't get carried away with mere objects too much.

-Kevin-