Build tips/sugestions

Hello ,

Afther some months and a decent amount of reasearch i think i have a good build for me .

I will use it for gaming , programming with siemens tia portal and step 7 and maybe some edditing of pictures and/or movies.

What do you think of this , should i change annything ?

Cpu : Intel Core i5-6600K
Motherboard : MSI Z170A GAMING M7
memory : MSI GeForce GTX 970 GAMING 4G
Ram geheugen : Kingston HyperX Predator HX430C15PB2K4/16
ssd : Samsung 850 EVO 1tb
Power supply : Cooler Master V Series V850
Air cooling : Scythe Mugen 4
Case : NZXT H440 New Edition Zwart/Zwart Closed
Monitor : LG 29UM57-P Black

Thanks ,

Just now, wesleygmx said:

you have a freesync monitor and a nvidia graphics card which dont go together nicely. i would suggest to wait for nexyt gen (june) and then search for something amd (because that monitor is great)

whats your budget and location?

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

I would go for an r9 390 over the gtx 970. The 8gb of vram would suit you better than 3.5gb

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

A 390/390x with 8GB of VRAM wouldn't be a bad choice for GPU. Since that monitor is Free Sync, that solves that problem; but also it's a 21:9 1080 panel, so the 390/390x will be plenty to run nearly any game at that resolution 60hz and the extra VRAM for the bigger than 1080 resolution.

I'd take some of that money from the tb ssd and get the next gpu tier up.

[CPU: 4.7ghz I5 6600k] [MBAsus Z170 Pro G] [RAM: G.Skill 2400 16GB(2x8)]

[GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 970] [PSU: XFX Pro 850W] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 500GB WD HDD / 128GB SanDisk SSD ] [Case: DeepCool Tessaract]

[Keyboard: AZIO MGK1] [Mouse: Logitech G303] [Monitor: 2 x Acer 23" 1080p IPS]

i would wait for next gen and watch the prices for the 300 seies card drop and then i would get a 390x, seeing as its a better preforming card then the 970 and the fact that you have a free sync monitor

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Thx for all the reply's .

My budget is around 1700-2000 euro and im located in Belgium .

Btw , when will the next gen come out ?

4 minutes ago, wesleygmx said:

Thx for all the reply's .

My budget is around 1700-2000 euro and im located in Belgium .

Btw , when will the next gen come out ?

Nvidia is announcing them tomorrow so they will probably be shipping in June/July. Might be completey off though.