WIerd fast beebing

I have an old pc that i wanted to use as media center, but when i was installing windows 7 ultimate 32 bit i accidently touched the power cable and it turned off

so i cant get it to boot from dvd drive to isntall windows and its having a short fast beebing problem(the cooling is working fine)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnytAX_BGiQ

14 minutes ago, Viesulis said:

I have an old pc that i wanted to use as media center, but when i was installing windows 7 ultimate 32 bit i accidently touched the power cable and it turned off

so i cant get it to boot from dvd drive to isntall windows and its having a short fast beebing problem(the cooling is working fine)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnytAX_BGiQ

Please tell me that you weren't using that optical drive as a prop for the back of the motherboard!!  The fast beeping is obviously a failure to post.  Your motherboard no longer likes you after you exposed it to life threatening conditions!

what motherboard are you using? 

4 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Please tell me that you weren't using that optical drive as a prop for the back of the motherboard!!  The fast beeping is obviously a failure to post.  Your motherboard no longer likes you after you exposed it to to life threatening conditions!

Agreed.

Its automatic, just press this button!

6 minutes ago, Viesulis said:

so its dead?

Not necessarily bud.  I just had to give you a hard time.  You do need to remember that the back of that motherboard is covered with solder points.  The area in particular that was leaning against that metal optical drive was the back of the 24-pin connector.  If that would have made contact with the optical drive just right, you'd be worried about a lot more than "beebing"  

Set the motherboard on the motherboard's original box or a cardboard box if you don't have it still.  Do this before you do ANYTHING else.

After that, pull both of the memory sticks and then carefully reinsert only one stick.  Try to boot it and see what happens.

its intel d945ppr g945gpr and its on a box now

3 minutes ago, Viesulis said:

its intel d945ppr g945gpr and its on a box now

Did you pull the memory?

2 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Did you pull the memory?

what do you mean by that?

2 minutes ago, Viesulis said:

what do you mean by that?

Remove all of the RAM from the board.  Make sure you shut off power  remove power first.  Once you've removed both sticks of RAM, put one and only one back in.  Then try to boot.

i beebs the ram error code but it only works if 2 sticks are in the both blue places 

Just now, Viesulis said:

i beebs the ram error code but it only works if 2 sticks are in the both blue places 

So if you only have one stick installed nothing happens?   Then you install two sticks and it works?

2 minutes ago, Viesulis said:

yes

I don't think we're talking about the same thing.  Is the motherboard booting now?

no it aslo shows only 512mb of ram but in there is 1gb 

Just now, Viesulis said:

GUYS IT WORKS! thanks for help

Great!  Memory can be a pain in the ass sometimes.  Take care of that motherboard man!