Noise cancelling headphones or earphones?

krkevin

I'm planning to buy a pair of noise cancelling headphones/earphones, because sometimes I just want to isolate the world completely. The problem is, I don't know if I should go for headphones or earphones. I want something that is cheap, but sounds great, portability, and possibly look premium too (if possible, if not I don't really care as long as it's not really cheap). Since I know little about audio, and there's so many headphones/earphones that I can buy, it's a difficult decision.

Any recommendations?

Note: I live in Canada by the way

-Kevin-

Are you after isolating headphones, or active noise cancelling ones? Because active noise cancelling works best, but will cost more and generally requires batteries in the headphones.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

13 minutes ago, Rangaman42 said:

Are you after isolating headphones, or active noise cancelling ones? Because active noise cancelling works best, but will cost more and generally requires batteries in the headphones.

Probably active noise cancelling. I'm probably going to be in loud environments while using this, so I think it's best to save up more cash to buy a better one.

-Kevin-

8 hours ago, krkevin said:

Probably active noise cancelling. I'm probably going to be in loud environments while using this, so I think it's best to save up more cash to buy a better one.

How much?

The best by far are bose qc25

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

6 hours ago, spwath said:

How much?

The best by far are bose qc25

Seems nice I guess, how about any earphones with active noise cancelling? I don't really want to carry around headphones all the time.

-Kevin-

1 hour ago, krkevin said:

Seems nice I guess, how about any earphones with active noise cancelling? I don't really want to carry around headphones all the time.

Honestly you're better off spending the extra cash on getting balanced armature earphones.  ACN earphones usually come with heavy electronics embedded to their cable which is not removable so if it breaks, goodbye headphones.

Balanced armature earphones only offer passive noise isolation, but the most important part is that most balanced armature designs are completely sealed designs with no ports.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

All I can tell you is that my HyperX Cloud2's do this.

Mom yells up at me, wants me to do homework. I can't hear her.

Mom yells again. Still can't hear her.

Mom screams at me. Still can't hear her.

Mom screams at the top of her lungs, can hear a faint wisper and take off the headset...

Also noise-cancelling earphones don't really exist...

2 hours ago, Pomfinator said:

Honestly you're better off spending the extra cash on getting balanced armature earphones.  ACN earphones usually come with heavy electronics embedded to their cable which is not removable so if it breaks, goodbye headphones.

Balanced armature earphones only offer passive noise isolation, but the most important part is that most balanced armature designs are completely sealed designs with no ports.

Oh, well I don't want anything on the cable besides simple remote controls since it will only be a nuisance. Thanks.

1 hour ago, MasterSenseiDoge said:

All I can tell you is that my HyperX Cloud2's do this.

Mom yells up at me, wants me to do homework. I can't hear her.

Mom yells again. Still can't hear her.

Mom screams at me. Still can't hear her.

Mom screams at the top of her lungs, can hear a faint wisper and take off the headset...

Also noise-cancelling earphones don't really exist...

I don't need a gaming headset, I just need something that will block out noise, like in a bus. I'll still consider this though, thanks.

-Kevin-