Gtx 980ti sli 50 fps in csgo

itachi737
Go to solution Solved by itachi737,
9 minutes ago, Timmy-P said:

Are you in fullscreen mode?

Is your Power Setting mode in Control Panel set to "High Performance?"

What about a similar power setting in Nvidia Control Panel?  Check for any settings there, too, as well as GeForce Experience and CSGO.

Thanks you soooo much!!!! I managed to make it work with by changing the power settings in nvidia control panel form adaptive to prefer maximum performance. 

Hello,

I bought 2 gtx 980ti this fall. They worked fine until yesterday, when csgo suddenly crashed. Now i m only getting 40-60fps in csgo (i used to get 300-500). I tried many different games and they all get super low fps now. My gpus usage fluctuates, but the average is around 35% (even in heaven). I checked v sync and its off. 

What I already tried:

Deleting the drivers and installing new ones. I did it 5 times twice with the newest drivers and 3 timed with different older versions.

I tried using only one card, i still get the same results. (With any of the twk cards)

I changed the sli bridge.

I swamped the cards around.

I even tried a different monitor.

I also stopped the oc, but i get them same results at stock.

I don't know what to do anymore. The only thing that I can think of is a clean install of the os, but I fear it will be useless.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Pc specs:

I7 6700k 4.4ghz

16gb ddr4 

1tb ssd

2x pny reference gtx980ti

Corsair RMI1000

1 minute ago, itachi737 said:

Hello,

I bought 2 gtx 980ti this fall. They worked fine until yesterday, when csgo suddenly crashed. Now i m only getting 40-60fps in csgo (i used to get 300-500). I tried many different games and they all get super low fps now. My gpus usage fluctuates, but the average is around 35% (even in heaven). I checked v sync and its off. 

What I already tried:

Deleting the drivers and installing new ones. I did it 5 times twice with the newest drivers and 3 timed with different older versions.

I tried using only one card, i still get the same results. (With any of the twk cards)

I changed the sli bridge.

I swamped the cards around.

I even tried a different monitor.

I also stopped the oc, but i get them same results at stock.

I don't know what to do anymore. The only thing that I can think of is a clean install of the os, but I fear it will be useless.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Pc specs:

I7 6700k 4.4ghz

16gb ddr4 

1tb ssd

2x pny reference gtx980ti

Corsair RMI1000

i have the same CPU and RAM and i'm using a single fury X and i am having the exact same issue as you and tried doing exactly everything you did.Now my last best is reinstalling OS.Because I (we) have tried every other software fix possible.Now the last thing remaining is OS.(Btw check your in game clock speed....i doubt that might be the problem, the clock speed getting stuck.) One of my friend had that problem with his gtx 970 and i5 4590.....reinstalling windows apparently fixed it.So go ahead, it's definitely worth a try.

6 minutes ago, i respawn. said:

i have the same CPU and RAM and i'm using a single fury X and i am having the exact same issue as you and tried doing exactly everything you did.Now my last best is reinstalling OS.Because I (we) have tried every other software fix possible.Now the last thing remaining is OS.(Btw check your in game clock speed....i doubt that might be the problem, the clock speed getting stuck.) One of my friend had that problem with his gtx 970 and i5 4590.....reinstalling windows apparently fixed it.So go ahead, it's definitely worth a try.

KK I ll give it a try tomorrow. I ll let you know if it worked. 

What about a similar power setting in Nvidia Control Panel?  Check for any settings there, too, as well as GeForce Experience and CSGO.

[witty signature]

2 minutes ago, Timmy-P said:

yea I'm in full screen mode. I ll go check right now for the other ones. Thanks for the advice. 

Your build is amazing!

Yes I came here just too say that xp

Well, now you're reading this, I might as well inspire you with a deep quote

If you fall, I'll be there

- Floor

so inspiring, so deep, the feels ;-;  THE FEELS ;-;

Newer Build which I'm gonna buy when I haz moneyz

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£0.00)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£25.98 @ Novatech)
Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 GAMING ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£78.10 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£0.00)
Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£29.76 @ Ebuyer)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£0.00)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB Video Card  (£179.99 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Corsair 780T ATX Full Tower Case  (£149.99 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£70.97 @ Amazon UK)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For £0.00)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit)  (£59.00 @ Amazon UK)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  (£24.99 @ Amazon UK)
Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard  (£184.99 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £803.77

somethings says '£0.00' because I already bought them

probably best remix out there

If I follow you, consider your self lucky, I rarely follow people and when I do it's either because

1) I look up to you

2)I like your picture

3) Or you have an epic ass rig (40 titan x's 9 6700k's clocked at 29GHz that is what I call a epic ass rig, but no one has that soo...)

9 minutes ago, Timmy-P said:

Thanks you soooo much!!!! I managed to make it work with by changing the power settings in nvidia control panel form adaptive to prefer maximum performance. 

3 minutes ago, LynxThe1st said:

Your build is amazing!

Yes I came here just too say that xp

And let me say that I love your quote!  (Yes, I know you're talking about OP's build, but still)

[witty signature]

2 minutes ago, Timmy-P said:

And let me say that I love your quote!  (Yes, I know you're talking about OP's build, but still)

lmao

Well, now you're reading this, I might as well inspire you with a deep quote

If you fall, I'll be there

- Floor

so inspiring, so deep, the feels ;-;  THE FEELS ;-;

Newer Build which I'm gonna buy when I haz moneyz

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£0.00)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£25.98 @ Novatech)
Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 GAMING ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£78.10 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£0.00)
Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£29.76 @ Ebuyer)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£0.00)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB Video Card  (£179.99 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Corsair 780T ATX Full Tower Case  (£149.99 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£70.97 @ Amazon UK)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For £0.00)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit)  (£59.00 @ Amazon UK)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  (£24.99 @ Amazon UK)
Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard  (£184.99 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £803.77

somethings says '£0.00' because I already bought them

probably best remix out there

If I follow you, consider your self lucky, I rarely follow people and when I do it's either because

1) I look up to you

2)I like your picture

3) Or you have an epic ass rig (40 titan x's 9 6700k's clocked at 29GHz that is what I call a epic ass rig, but no one has that soo...)

22 minutes ago, i respawn. said:

I managed to make it work by changing the power settings for the gpu in nvidia control panel from adaptative to prefer maximum performance. I don't know if that will work for you, but it is worth giving it a try if you haven't already. 

Just now, itachi737 said:

I managed to make it work by changing the power settings for the gpu in nvidia control panel from adaptative to prefer maximum performance. I don't know if that will work for you, but it is worth giving it a try if you haven't already. 

oh thanks....i'll try it from crimson. Atleast i know my hardware isn't damaged.