Crimson 16.3.2 won't install properly

DavidGuba

So I had crimson drivers with everything running smoothly for a while. All of a sudden it says an update for 16.3.2 is available so I try to update. I have WIndows 10-64bit and that is the one I selected. The update fails saying "AMD software and drivers have not been installed". When I view the error log it says this: (everything else says success)

AMD Display Driver
Final Status: Fail
Version of Item: 16.150.2211.0000
Size: 90 Mbytes
HDMI Audio Driver
Final Status: Fail
Version of Item: 10.0.0.02
Size: 1 Mbytes

Another thing to note is that when installing it would go to 2% (AMD install manager) and then 75% (VulcanRT) and finish the process in about 10 seconds whereas the older version of crimson actually installed all the drivers and took much longer. I tried using Display Driver Uninstaller and amdcleanuputility before installing new drivers. I tried manually downloading them from and but no luck (yes i selected right version of windows and all that jazz). SO right now I'm completely out of drivers and can't play games. I have a 390x btw. Also I tried windows update, it would download drivers for my 390x but i think thats overall so i can even view my monitor. Still don't have crimson. For now I have latest version of catalyst which is crap. Another way to get an older version of crimson like 15.12 of whatever the last one was? Or better yet, how do I fix this? I tried to get beta drivers but can't find them for 16.3.2.

EDIT: I uninstalled all virus scan programs before installing drivers just to make sure, still nothing.

21 minutes ago, zMeul said:

I tried DDU and didnt help, that link though doesnt work for the web variant

Download driver sweeper version 3.2.0, run this after running DDU. 

https://mega.nz/#!wN8BSIwK!Fo_sQzDsvLNkpwLngESfBaiBHtsMiskGxCjNZV_Vs7s

This should get rid of all previous AMD drivers and files and allow you to do a clean install....

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

19 hours ago, super_skank said:

Download driver sweeper version 3.2.0, run this after running DDU. 

https://mega.nz/#!wN8BSIwK!Fo_sQzDsvLNkpwLngESfBaiBHtsMiskGxCjNZV_Vs7s

This should get rid of all previous AMD drivers and files and allow you to do a clean install....

I tried, still nothing. Why is this happening to me?

could be your windows install is messed up to the point that it's not able to take the drivers,

Try running sfc /scannow in cmd as administrator, to see if you windows system files are ok...

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Try installing the complete package that doesn't need internet. And unplug your internet. So Windows doesn't interfere

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

On 06 April 2016 at 5:48 PM, super_skank said:

could be your windows install is messed up to the point that it's not able to take the drivers,

Try running sfc /scannow in cmd as administrator, to see if you windows system files are ok...

There was an issue but it said it fixed them. I still can't download the driver though.

On 06 April 2016 at 5:55 PM, afyeung said:

Try installing the complete package that doesn't need internet. And unplug your internet. So Windows doesn't interfere

Still nothing

4 minutes ago, DavidGuba said:

Still nothing

I guess your OS is screwed up. If it isn't a super simple process something is very wrong.

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

9 hours ago, afyeung said:

I guess your OS is screwed up. If it isn't a super simple process something is very wrong.

Isn't there a way of reinstalling Windows 10 without loosing data?

Reinstalled Windows 10, fixed the problem. Thanks!