Coding a Discord Bot

bcarn3165
Go to solution Solved by Aytex,
Just now, bcarn3165 said:

Thank you for your prompt response. I'm not able to check at the moment, but can I run the Rhino music bot in conjunction with my current bot on the same discord account?

look at the instructions then you will know,

i think they will work with conjuction

Hello all,

I was hoping that you could give me some insight as to how to code a discord bot for my group of friends. I have a bot that currently does basic chat interaction. An example of this would be to post a picture when someone types "!example" and such. For your reference I have about a yr of programming experience in c++ and just recently have been teaching myself C# and JS. I taught myself some of the basics of discord.net through this tutorial on YouTube.

If someone could shed some more light on how to use some of discord.net or even recommend a guide in another language such that offers more functionality, such as having it play music or doing more complex commands that would be useful, it would be greatly appreciated. I am sorry for any errors in formatting as this is my first post to the forum.

2 minutes ago, Aytex said:

There already is a bot that produces music

https://github.com/SexualRhinoceros/MusicBot

I believe most of the bots run on python and .bat

Thank you for your prompt response. I'm not able to check at the moment, but can I run the Rhino music bot in conjunction with my current bot on the same discord account?

Just now, bcarn3165 said:

Just now, Aytex said:

I'll check out some python tutorials. Thanks again!