GTX 980ti Matrix or Kingpin SLI

Metro

Hello

If both were the same price, for air cooling, which could you get Kingpin or Matrix (what would give better temperatures and lower sound when in SLI) Kingpin is 72 percent ASIC

My Lightnings are broke and MSI does not have any more Lightnings, so I have to find a replacement

Thanks

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

5 minutes ago, Metro said:

Hello

If both were the same price, for air cooling, which could you get Kingpin or Matrix (what would give better temperatures and lower sound when in SLI) Kingpin is 72 percent ASIC

My Lightnings are broke and MSI does not have any more Lightnings, so I have to find a replacement

Thanks

how can both of your lightnings die at the same time?

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | I5-4690k| Dark Rock Pro 3 | ASUS RX480 |  Kingston HyperX Beast 8GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250Gb|

Playstation Pulse Headset Corsair Air 540 | Deiog DY-200 | AOC G2460Fq 

Dell Keyboard | 6x BeQuiet Silent Wings PWM 120mm 

Built  Not Bought

1 minute ago, Daniel123dk said:

how can both of your lightnings die at the same time?

I have no clue, 100 percent fan speed all the time, not possible to change, also my monitor DP does not get detected when you turn on the PC (sometimes it does) tried different DP ports as well, still does not work, used a different GPU, my monitor DP gets detected

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

Just now, Metro said:

I have no clue, 100 percent fan speed all the time, not possible to change, also my monitor DP does not get detected when you turn on the PC (sometimes it does) tried different DP ports as well, still does not work

dude, before buying some new. RMA them, they CANT and are not allowed to refuse, if the cards are accually defective!

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | I5-4690k| Dark Rock Pro 3 | ASUS RX480 |  Kingston HyperX Beast 8GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250Gb|

Built  Not Bought

2 minutes ago, Daniel123dk said:

dude, before buying some new. RMA them, they CANT and are not allowed to refuse, if the cards are accually defective!

I have asked MSI, they do not have any more and offering me an upgrade

3 minutes ago, Metro said:

I have no clue, 100 percent fan speed all the time, not possible to change, also my monitor DP does not get detected when you turn on the PC (sometimes it does) tried different DP ports as well, still does not work, used a different GPU, my monitor DP gets detected

Seems odd that both cards would die. Have you tried a bios mod to fix the fans?

Guys here are really helpful, just extract your current bios using GPU-Z and they will mod for you, maybe worth trying to fix that fan issue.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1573308/nvidia-gtx-900-cards-custom-bios-upon-request

What temps are your cards running if the fans are 100%?

As for the DP issue, have you tried the cards individually (aka 2nd card removed not just SLI disabled)

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Just now, Metro said:

I have asked MSI, they do not have any more and offering me an upgrade

I dont think that they will ever upgrade to another company. The lightning almost cant be upgraded, so the only solution for them is to get 2 new lightnings or hand you over 2 titanx's or hand you back all your money

Built  Not Bought

1 hour ago, stealth80 said:

Seems odd that both cards would die. Have you tried a bios mod to fix the fans?

Guys here are really helpful, just extract your current bios using GPU-Z and they will mod for you, maybe worth trying to fix that fan issue.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1573308/nvidia-gtx-900-cards-custom-bios-upon-request

What temps are your cards running if the fans are 100%?

As for the DP issue, have you tried the cards individually (aka 2nd card removed not just SLI disabled)

I do not want to flash a new BIOS, if I am having to return them (even with dual BIOS) so I need to keep the warranty :)

1 hour ago, Daniel123dk said:

I dont think that they will ever upgrade to another company. The lightning almost cant be upgraded, so the only solution for them is to get 2 new lightnings or hand you over 2 titanx's or hand you back all your money

The retailer is giving me the option :)

I was more looking for suggestions between the two GPUs, as I have tried so many different things, thanks for your suggestion though

16 minutes ago, Metro said:

I do not want to flash a new BIOS, if I am having to return them (even with dual BIOS) so I need to keep the warranty :)

The retailer is giving me the option :)

I was more looking for suggestions between the two GPUs, as I have tried so many different things, thanks for your suggestion though

Id go for the evga's though ;)

Built  Not Bought

Someone who spend 6k on a PC should know what to do. :dry:

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO