Galaxy S7 Thoughts

OGFatal

What do you think?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

I personally am not too impressed with the S7 so far.. Was hoping for USB type C, which we're not getting, the battery size is very poor and I've yet to see how the camera performs. Was meant to be getting the S7 for my birthday next week, but I'm having second thoughts.

Check out this post: http://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-s7-images-specs-video-673652/

Case: Carbide 300R

CPU: i5 4690K @ 3.90GHz

RAM: 8GB DDR3

Mobo: MSI Z97-G45 Gaming

GPU: R9 290 Tri-X

PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA NEX650G

Storage: 4TB NAS

Drive 1: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM

Drive 2: WD 500gb 7200RPM

Keyboard: Vengeance K50

Headset: Vengeance 1500 V2

Mouse: R.A.T 5

Monitor: LG 24EN33

I'm quite unimpressed ever since we've had leaks beginning with HTC One m7 a few years ago. Same old refined designs but with more technology.

Also kinda confused by the poll you put up OP

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

2 minutes ago, wng_kingsley7 said:

I'm quite unimpressed ever since we've had leaks beginning with HTC One m7 a few years ago. Same old refined designs but with more technology.

Also kinda confused by the poll you put up OP

Refined is all it seems to be, exact same as S6.

Poll editied

8 minutes ago, OGFatal said:

Refined is all it seems to be, exact same as S6.

Poll editied

Well it's all based on perspective & how the industry's wants to progress design.

From the point of looking at an image off the internet of course the details will be washed out & not be clear but what phone hasn't taken something from it's own lineage?

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

I've been disappointed with the way phones have been going for a while. The s7 is no exception.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

1 hour ago, Whiskers said:

Come again? Since when has almost 3000mAh of battery capacity been 'very poor'?

Well, I was expecting at least 3000, I would have preferred 3300. My Xperia Z1 has a 3000mAh battery just now and it's 2 years old, I can just get through a 8 hour day. 

1 hour ago, OGFatal said:

Well, I was expecting at least 3000, I would have preferred 3300. My Xperia Z1 has a 3000mAh battery just now and it's 2 years old, I can just get through a 8 hour day. 

An extra 200mAh is unlikely to make an altogether gigantic difference. There are more important factors at play - the power efficiency of the components used for example, and the power optimisation of the phone's software. The iPhone 6 only has a 1715mAh battery yet manages to get for the most part comparable battery life to most other flagship devices, for example.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

9 hours ago, Whiskers said:

Come again? Since when has almost 3000mAh of battery capacity been 'very poor'?

Its been very poor more recently. Partly due to the fact that battery life optimization on these skins are terrible. 3000mAh could be not poor if these companies would put more thought into optimizing battery life. Last phone that I had run forever on a 3000mAh was my LG G2.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

null

On 17.02.2016 at 8:15 PM, OGFatal said:

the battery size is very poor

3000mah man. biggest used on a galaxy s phone. i think the battery life will be stellar. and ofc it will have the best of the best parts avaible. very very pleased they kept the 5.1'' screen size. rummors says the g5 will be 5.6''. i mean wtf. make a g5+ or smt

I ordered mine already. I had played with a Gear VR that a coworker had brought in and when I saw that you could get one for preordering the S7 I jumped on it. I currently have the S6 edge and there is nothing wrong with it at all. I am just one of those new phone every year kind of guys. The larger battery for the S7 edge also got me really interested in it as well.