Please Help Me on My Setup!

Ben Higdon

I am looking to build my own gaming PC. I have a budget of no more of $1,000. I would rather being able to spend less but I will spend around that amount. I have watched about a million youtube videos to help me figure out what to get as I knew nothing about  computers. Please help me out and tell me if this would be a good setup. 

Monitor - Samsung S24D390HL 23.6-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor

CPU - Intel Core i5- 4460 LGA 1150 CPU

Graphics CardXFX Double D R9 280 933MHz 3GB DDR5 2XmDP HDMI 2XDVI Graphics Card

Case - NZXT S340 Mid Tower Case

Power Supply - Seasonic S12II 520 Bronze, SS-520 GB

Motherboard - ASRock ATX DDR3 1066 LGA 1150

RAMKingston HyperX FURY 8GB Kit (2x4GB) 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 DIMM

MemoryWD Blue 1TB Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch - WD10EZEX

Also I have some LED lights, Separate Custom Red Power Supply Cables, and other little things.

If someone would help me find a cheaper Gaming Set-Up it would be so appreciated. I still need to have a Keyboard & Mouse. I would like to spend around the $700 - $800 range and would love to have a red color scheme. Two things that I would really like to stay the same would be the RAM, Monitor, and the Case. Other than that, please help me find a cheaper setup that will still do the job for a great gaming experience. 

Thanks, Ben :)

I actually bought a keyboard at goodwill lol... it's not a gaming keyboard but it doesn't look half bad and it was only $5 xD

As for the case, I would recommend the DeepCool Tesseract mid tower model. It has two fans, both lit with LEDs, and has a side window. I have that case, and I only ended up spending $32, considerably less than the $79 I saw the model u picked out costed. 

For the motherboard, just remember that it doesn't affect performance whatsoever, so as long as it has all the I/O and other connections you need it to, then you will be fine. (also micro ATX boards cost half the price, only with less PCI slots

The rest of the components you picked out I would not downgrade, but I would recommend purchasing an SSD to put your operating system on. (which you would have to make other budget adjustments, but it's worth it, i promise)

Gl on the build! hope this helped

Henry you have a great set up but it is way over my budget. Thanks anyways though :D

44 minutes ago, instagraml said:

I actually bought a keyboard at goodwill lol... it's not a gaming keyboard but it doesn't look half bad and it was only $5 xD

As for the case, I would recommend the DeepCool Tesseract mid tower model. It has two fans, both lit with LEDs, and has a side window. I have that case, and I only ended up spending $32, considerably less than the $79 I saw the model u picked out costed. 

For the motherboard, just remember that it doesn't affect performance whatsoever, so as long as it has all the I/O and other connections you need it to, then you will be fine. (also micro ATX boards cost half the price, only with less PCI slots

The rest of the components you picked out I would not downgrade, but I would recommend purchasing an SSD to put your operating system on. (which you would have to make other budget adjustments, but it's worth it, i promise)

Gl on the build! hope this helped

Can you give me the links to what you said?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($224.95 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($24.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($61.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($62.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($94.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card  ($288.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($44.99 @ Micro Center) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($29.99 @ NCIX US) 
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHDS118-04 DVD/CD Drive  ($12.89 @ OutletPC) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit)  ($87.95 @ OutletPC) 
Monitor: ViewSonic VA1917A 60Hz 18.5" Monitor  ($69.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $994.58
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-14 04:02 EST-0500

Pretty good.

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

13 hours ago, HenryGodboltIV said:

Im sorry haha. Maybe a FX-6300 and 8GB of RAM? Thatll save you about $90

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Xg4nP6

I also have another question. How many monitors can you plug into the MSI 970 GAMING ATX AM3+ Motherboard? If you could tell me that, it would be extremely helpful because I plan on expanding over 1 monitor in the future. Thanks

MSI 970 GAMING ATX AM3+ Motherboard