Htc Vive vs Oculus Rift

NeedAHug

Htc Vive vs Oculus Rift

What are you guys leaning towards, are you going to buy one? Personally I'm thinking of getting the Htc Vive but I don't know, they haven't released the price or what the games and steam aspect will be like so it's kinda hard for me I think we will get a lot more information about both products vary soon.

Also I just played firewatch great game totally worth the 20$ played it all in one sitting 9 out of 10, it would make a great vr port. Gets my recommendation.

4 minutes ago, ArmswieldTheHero said:

For me? its all in whatever is cheaper.

I think oculus rift is going to be cheaper, the Vive has whole room motion tracking so i wonder if you have to pay extra for those sensers but even then I'm still looking at the Vive for my best choice.

Just now, NeedAHug said:

I think oculus rift is going to be cheaper, the Vive has whole room motion tracking so i wonder if you have to pay extra for those sensers but even then I'm still looking at the Vive for my best choice.

Goodness I hope the price on the oculus goes down then, thats a pricey piece of hardware.

9 minutes ago, ArmswieldTheHero said:

Goodness I hope the price on the oculus goes down then, thats a pricey piece of hardware.

Ya, just looked it up it say around 600$ but if you live in a different country than the USA that price increases dramatically.

1 minute ago, NeedAHug said:

Ya, just looked it up it say around 600$ but if you live in a different country than the USA that price increases dramatically.

-shudders- I would hate to have to pay that much for VR

I like the idea of the Vive better than the Rift, but where I currently live I think the Rift would probably work out better for me do to my small apartment. Eventually having both would be great, but unless the CAD hits 2 USD I don't think that'll be happening anytime soon for me haha.

2 hours ago, Spartancloud said:

I like the idea of the Vive better than the Rift, but where I currently live I think the Rift would probably work out better for me do to my small apartment. Eventually having both would be great, but unless the CAD hits 2 USD I don't think that'll be happening anytime soon for me haha.

Yes but you don't need a big space to use it the Vive adapts to the space around you. You can also use it while sitting so I think it's the best of both worlds. Just my opinion though I'm a little bias.

3 minutes ago, NeedAHug said:

Yes but you don't need a big space to use it the Vive adapts to the space around you. You can also use it while sitting so I think it's the best of both worlds. Just my opinion though I'm a little bias.

Yeah I suppose that's true, I feel without the proper room to use it as fully as I could I'd be wasting some of my money. Once I move and get a place with a better living room or a decent gaming room I'd prefer the Vive. I do expect the Vive to cost way more than the Rift (which is a big factor), although I definitely think the Vive would be the better product. Being able to move around would allow you to do so much more with it. I think I like the Rift controllers better though, of course being able to try one would take a lot of the guess work out of my opinion. I hope they have demos out at Best Buy and stores like that shortly after launch.