Fallout 4 Massive FPS drops

Im wondering if anyone can give me advice on how to somehow run this game better, my pc is not the best but it should be able to run it semi decent considering when i first start the game before my cpu usage spikes to 100% i get a steady 50-60fps, then few seconds after starting the game, it drops down to the low 15's when i start moving around, ive set my settings to the lowest possible by going into the .inifile, installed the ultra low graphics mod,installed shadowboost, set fallout on highpriority, using gamebooster program,made sure space isnt the issue considering i have over 80gb freespace, even dabbled with overclocking to see if that would help, but it seems to not have much effect other than the first few seconds of startup like i said, nothing that ive been doing seems to work except for one brief strange day i played and it was fine for three hours, then did the same. Heres my pc specs:
I5-2540mCPU@2.6ghz, 10gb of ram, GPU is an AMD FirePro M5950
Anyone that has any ideas as to what could be causing me all this frustration would greatly help!

2 minutes ago, Solanum_X4711 said:

AMD FirePro M5950

That's a workstation GPU. it shouldn't really play any game tbh.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

your pc has a mobile processor?

fallout 4 is both a cpu and gpu-heavy game. it's not so heavy indoors but watch when you enter downtown.. 

I have not idea of what might be causing it but try uninstalling it and reinstalling it. Make sure you do a backup and a extra worlds backup so you can import them into the game if it works. Hope this helps

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

What are you looking for?

Just now, FloRolf said:

That's a workstation GPU. it shouldn't really play any game tbh.

Workstation GPU's can game, their drivers are just better optimised for other workloads.

@Solanum_X4711 This is pretty much Fallout 4 honestly. My FPS is anywhere from 55-20 depending on what I look at and at what time of day.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

9 minutes ago, Solanum_X4711 said:

Im wondering if anyone can give me advice on how to somehow run this game better, my pc is not the best but it should be able to run it semi decent considering when i first start the game before my cpu usage spikes to 100% i get a steady 50-60fps, then few seconds after starting the game, it drops down to the low 15's when i start moving around, ive set my settings to the lowest possible by going into the .inifile, installed the ultra low graphics mod,installed shadowboost, set fallout on highpriority, using gamebooster program,made sure space isnt the issue considering i have over 80gb freespace, even dabbled with overclocking to see if that would help, but it seems to not have much effect other than the first few seconds of startup like i said, nothing that ive been doing seems to work except for one brief strange day i played and it was fine for three hours, then did the same. Heres my pc specs:
I5-2540mCPU@2.6ghz, 10gb of ram, GPU is an AMD FirePro M5950
Anyone that has any ideas as to what could be causing me all this frustration would greatly help!

Actually, aside from the workstation-ness of your GPU, this is all very mid range (possibly mid-low) mobile stuff. You have plenty of RAM, but your CPU is going to struggle with only two cores hyperthreaded. Also your GPU is fairly low end as well. Sorry to say it, but Fallout 4 is hard to run at the best of times.

TL;DR 

You can play fallout 4 on a dual core pentium and intigrated graphics with the right settings and mods

Start off with http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/102/? (or you could just use the note pad) and look up the best settings for you pc, this will help CPU a lot and GPU a little

Next get this man's Vividi fallout series of mods http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/users/3212020/?tb=mods&pUp=1 they are better looking lower resoloution mods of just about everything in fallout.  If you are still having issues (which you shouldn't be) go with http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/73/?

If you are STILL HAVING ISSUES, throw you computer in the trash. And install http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/978/? or http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/606/?

I swear to Christ if you are still lagging then go back to the first mod and tweak it better

Edit: a screenshot a budy of mine took of red rocket 

Spoiler

c372a3bdf3ce6650c22d9b055808bdcd.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler

Obligatory PC specs

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz
CPU Cooler: Corsair H50
Motherboard: Asus Z170-E ATX LGA1151
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)
Storage: ADATA Premier SP550 240GB
Storage: Western Digital Blue 500GB
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB G1
Case: Fractal Design Define S
Power Supply: Corsair CSM 550W

Spoiler
If you are new please read the CoC!

Please FOLLOW YOUR OWN THREADS!

Quote people when replying to them.

PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR DARK THEME USERS.

Mark your problem as solved if answered and like all helpful information.

DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES(!) just type -pic- or tag them as spoiler.

Don't criticize people for asking "stupid question".

There is actually a hidden search feature on the forums here: Search 

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU'RE A FANBOY/FANGIRL. WHAT MATTERS IS THAT YOU DON'T LET THAT EFFECT YOUR HARDWARE RECOMMENDATIONS.

DO NOT POST SPAM!

Guys I cant thank you all enough for your fast responses, this provides solace that i may be alright. So I wasnt expecting much from my laptop to begin with, hoping to avoid having to build a rig which I plan to anyway further down the road, from what i could gather it seems to be an issue even on console, and its strange because i had new vegas on this same rig and it ran steady 60fps on high with a ton of mods. Im gonna try and check out those mods and get back to you guys with my ultimate results, I may just have to sacrifice fullscreen gaming for performance, i refuse to play at 7 to 10 fps in the bad times dude. You just cant.

15 minutes ago, TotalLegitREMIX said:

TL;DR 

You can play fallout 4 on a dual core pentium and intigrated graphics with the right settings and mods

Start off with http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/102/? (or you could just use the note pad) and look up the best settings for you pc, this will help CPU a lot and GPU a little

Next get this man's Vividi fallout series of mods http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/users/3212020/?tb=mods&pUp=1 they are better looking lower resoloution mods of just about everything in fallout.  If you are still having issues (which you shouldn't be) go with http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/73/?

If you are STILL HAVING ISSUES, throw you computer in the trash. And install http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/978/? or http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/606/?

I swear to Christ if you are still lagging then go back to the first mod and tweak it better

Edit: a screenshot a budy of mine took of red rocket 

Reveal hidden contents

c372a3bdf3ce6650c22d9b055808bdcd.jpg

Bro i hate to tell you this but ive utilized just about all of those mods lol, except the first one! Was about to but asked advice instead lol, im going to try that and will report back.

3 minutes ago, Solanum_X4711 said:

Guys I cant thank you all enough for your fast responses, this provides solace that i may be alright. So I wasnt expecting much from my laptop to begin with, hoping to avoid having to build a rig which I plan to anyway further down the road, from what i could gather it seems to be an issue even on console, and its strange because i had new vegas on this same rig and it ran steady 60fps on high with a ton of mods. Im gonna try and check out those mods and get back to you guys with my ultimate results, I may just have to sacrifice fullscreen gaming for performance, i refuse to play at 7 to 10 fps in the bad times dude. You just cant.

Sounds great man, just a quick note if you do want to drop the resoloution you may want to grab http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1850/? as that will let you still play fullscreen borderless 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Obligatory PC specs

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz
CPU Cooler: Corsair H50
Motherboard: Asus Z170-E ATX LGA1151
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)
Storage: ADATA Premier SP550 240GB
Storage: Western Digital Blue 500GB
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB G1
Case: Fractal Design Define S
Power Supply: Corsair CSM 550W

Spoiler
If you are new please read the CoC!

Please FOLLOW YOUR OWN THREADS!

Quote people when replying to them.

PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR DARK THEME USERS.

Mark your problem as solved if answered and like all helpful information.

DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES(!) just type -pic- or tag them as spoiler.

Don't criticize people for asking "stupid question".

There is actually a hidden search feature on the forums here: Search 

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU'RE A FANBOY/FANGIRL. WHAT MATTERS IS THAT YOU DON'T LET THAT EFFECT YOUR HARDWARE RECOMMENDATIONS.

DO NOT POST SPAM!

4 minutes ago, TotalLegitREMIX said:

Sounds great man, just a quick note if you do want to drop the resoloution you may want to grab http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1850/? as that will let you still play fullscreen borderless 

Oooooh nice! Thank you! Sidenote one thing i noticed when i reopened the launcher settings to tweak it, godrays was still set to low, turned that off should help if even just a little 

Okay, now I dont know why but its crashing on start -_- figured out the problem, started playing today on my tv and disconnected it to better tweak stuff so my prefs file was set to read only and wouldnt load in tv res lol 

48 minutes ago, Rangaman42 said:

My FPS is anywhere from 55-20 depending on what I look at and at what time of day.

Lower the shadow distance to the lowest possible setting.

CPU: Intel i5-4590 | Motherboard: Asus H97M-E | GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | RAM: 2x4Gb Kingston HyperX Fury Black | SSD: Sandisk Plus 240Gb HDD: Seagate 250Gb  | PSU: Seasonic G650 80+ Gold | Case: NZXT S340

I am who I am.

3 minutes ago, Ddave said:

Lower the shadow distance to the lowest possible setting.

I'll give that a try. Such a buggy game :P Oh Bethesda, you're flawed but I love you.

Just now, Rangaman42 said:

I'll give that a try. Such a buggy game :P Oh Bethesda, you're flawed but I love you.

Not really a bug, I think there are more "stuff" (polygon ? pixels ? whatever.) the higher the shadow distance.

Multiply that to the amount of objects, blah blah blah, math math math.

Something like that, that's why there are drops depending on where you look.
I saw the numbers somewhere on steam community (just google it), but I can't access steam now.

CPU: Intel i5-4590 | Motherboard: Asus H97M-E | GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | RAM: 2x4Gb Kingston HyperX Fury Black | SSD: Sandisk Plus 240Gb HDD: Seagate 250Gb  | PSU: Seasonic G650 80+ Gold | Case: NZXT S340

I am who I am.

6 minutes ago, Strike105X said:

Fallout new Vegas is a 6 year old game... Which technically was just a modified fallout 3 which is a 8 year old game... I'd be surprised if it didn't run good....

Didnt think of it like that haha, so at 1280 by 720, it still starts off at 60 fps then skips gradually down to 5-7 fps, this is while overclocking as well 

Still no matter what solution i try to use it just dips down to sub 10 fps and my cpu usage ticks 100% within seconds then its unplayable 

11 minutes ago, Solanum_X4711 said:

Still no matter what solution i try to use it just dips down to sub 10 fps and my cpu usage ticks 100% within seconds then its unplayable 

So I'd say your CPU is bottlenecking pretty hard. Is there anything else running? And have you tried reinstalling the game?

Also, can you run other modern games ie GTA V etc? I find that even GTA runs better than Fallout 4 does.

I ran gta 4 pretty well on the pc, havent tried reinstalling yet becuase i dont have internet at my house, not sure why its so bad i swear before i updated fallout it ran way better, im gonna try disabling all my mods and run a new game and see what happens 

Okay found something interesting, messing AMD catalyst settings, when the settings are set to performance mode, i get awesome fps, and right when i find out that i start dropping frames i go to check the settings and theyve reverted, set it correctly again, awesome fps, game drops frames in few seconds, go check settings, reverted to normal, what could this be? Overclocking has no help by the way lol