House network cables damaged ; solutions ?

mitsosvazelos84

Hey guys ,

My local internet provider screwed up a line and left it right open . DURING A RAIN STORM . I don't know why , but since then our house network cables are damaged . First of all , phone line is damaged causing the router to be asynchronous , thus crashes every 5 minutes or so . Going further down the line , the phone is terrible . Two cups connected with a string sound better than this . Internet seems to ramp up to max speed (800kbp/s) and then instantly lose connection . The router is connected to an ADSL/phone splitter which I changed just to eliminate it being the problem .

Anyway to resolve this situation ?

Feel free to ask for more information !

Have you tried calling your provider? Tell them that their tech left the box open and see what they will do. That would be my first step in this situation.

Call your provider and tell them they left it open. 

If they may make you pay for it, tell them its their fault and they will pay for it. 

They had better imo

Welcome to LTT! Feel free to PM me if you just wanna chat, I love conversation!

If you ever have any audio questions, wether it's software, hardware, or production and theory, feel free to ask me. Odds are I can help you, or get you help. 

this is the provider/their service company of choice's fault. If the cable company/provider fails to comply and correct their mistake, then you should honestly take them to court over it. They have ruined the cable completely. Phone cables, once waterlogged, cannot just be taped together. you need to either replace the whole damn thing, or dig it up 5-10m away from the point of water entry and make a splice with a new cable. That is both risky in terms of network quality, but also in terms of splice durability. Also costs a lot, creates A LOT of hassle for the guy doing the splicing.