Asus x99-A/USB 3.1

MichelleS

This mother board's nic card isn't supported by Windows Server 2012 R2 and I cannot say how annoying that is. With that said I am looking for a nic card that'll work with this motherboard and is less than 100 bucks and is compatible with Windows Server 2012 R2. I'm working on my MCSA and really need to be able to setup a lab at home. So I'll be putting two of these in the computer that I'm using for nic-teaming. 

Thank you!

This is an Intel thing, they only want to support their "Professional" chipsets on Server OSes. That being said you can definitely get it working. Try this and I expect it to work.  

If that doesn't work, there is many more things available by googling "i218v server 2012 r2"

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

7 minutes ago, brwainer said:

This is an Intel thing, they only want to support their "Professional" chipsets on Server OSes. That being said you can definitely get it working. Try this and I expect it to work.  

If that doesn't work, there is many more things available by googling "i218v server 2012 r2"

As I said I want to do nic teaming so I still need a second card. The MCSA/MCSE goes into some depth with Hyper-V and Networking so having a firm grasp on nic teaming and failover is critical. I will look into this as a possible solution for the nic card on the mother board so thank you for that, I appreciate it.

Sorry I was under the impression this was one of those motherboards that has dual ethernet. For Server 2012 R2 teaming you can use any NIC, but you can also do teaming through the intel drivers if you have multiple intel NICs (on the same card or not). Beyond that I don't really have a recommendation.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: