Paypal

Hi I live in Greece and here we use Euros. I want to buy some hardware from Amazon and i prefer to pay in USD because the prices are significantly lower and the shipping costs are not thet high. So can I get a PayPal in USD and use it in Amazon even if in my country only Euro is used??

Paypal will automatically charge you the euro equivalent of the USD values, but you'll still have to pay imports/customs, which will probably drive up the price (if that's a thing for Greece -- my geographic knowledge is poor.)

Yes, you can use paypal

Current Build: Core i7 4790k @ 4.6, Asus Maximus VII Hero, Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz 8gb (2x4gb), GTX 980ti, NZXT Kraken X61, Fractal Define R5  EVGA Supernova B2 850w, Some 300gb hard drive.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/W7CNrH

Correct me if I am wrong but Amazon does not have PayPal as supported payment? You can still use your credit or debit card though if they support it from the area you are in.

About me | Blog 

Yes they will but not that much (i need some hardware that in Amazon cost 700 Euros and in the best shop in Greece cost 900 Euros huge difference)
I can use paypal through my bank account in Amazon :)
Thank you for answering

1 hour ago, PaNdRaGoN said:

Yes they will but not that much (i need some hardware that in Amazon cost 700 Euros and in the best shop in Greece cost 900 Euros huge difference)
I can use paypal through my bank account in Amazon :)
Thank you for answering

When you choose currency, PayPal will use their own exchange rate for conversion. You can select from PayPal settings whether conversion is done within PayPal or if they leave that for bank. Difference is minimal for most situations.

Real issue is that you might have to pay for much more than just shipping. The way EU's trade/import laws work, you will need to pay import duties for electronics. Check your governments official documents for those. Shipping from US to EU costs about 40€ minimum + import duties.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv