Why Visual Studio?

Why does Visual Studio 2015 Community take so long to download? I need it to start working on my fan controller program (If someone could give me some guides on sending and recieving info from a USB device in C++ that would be sweet ;) ) and it's taken 12 hours to repair itself (Third time after cancelling in the middle of update 1 (biggest update ever so far) .....  ) because it was missing some API's and libraries and a ton of SDK kits for C++ development. I have a 50 megabyte up and down (I <3 Cogeco) but it still takes ages. Why does it do this? This is an Microsoft product, usually they download quite fast.

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

Its up to 34 Gigs. lol

1 minute ago, Arty said:

Its up to 34 Gigs. lol

Thats all for you? Lucky, all my API's use up about 150 Gigs not including all the stuff I need to download for the USB drivers and other programs. Close to 200 now xD

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

6 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

Why does Visual Studio 2015 Community take so long to download? I need it to start working on my fan controller program (If someone could give me some guides on sending and recieving info from a USB device in C++ that would be sweet ;) ) and it's taken 12 hours to repair itself (Third time after cancelling in the middle of update 1 (biggest update ever so far) .....  ) because it was missing some API's and libraries and a ton of SDK kits for C++ development. I have a 50 megabyte up and down (I <3 Cogeco) but it still takes ages. Why does it do this? This is an Microsoft product, usually they download quite fast.

12 GB for just C# and C++... 

12000 MB / 50 MB = 12000 / 100 * 2 = 1200 * 2 = 2400 Seconds = 40 Minutes

Any PSU is modular if you try hard enough....

2 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

Thats all for you? Lucky, all my API's use up about 150 Gigs not including all the stuff I need to download for the USB drivers and other programs. Close to 200 now xD

im noob, i just have the bass installer lol.

1 minute ago, xiej said:

12 GB for just C# and C++... 

12000 MB / 50 MB = 12000 / 100 * 2 = 1200 * 2 = 2400 Seconds = 40 Minutes

Still 12 hours? It's mostly just the C++ and Windows libraries. Probably 30 Gigs.

Spoiler

AXIOM

2 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

Still 12 hours? It's mostly just the C++ and Windows libraries. Probably 30 Gigs.

12 HOURS??

Any PSU is modular if you try hard enough....

1 minute ago, xiej said:

12 HOURS??

Yeah. Over school (6) and 2 in the morning and 4 at night

Spoiler

AXIOM

I'm downloading the WDK now and its at 16%. I've been downloading for around 20 minutes. It's a roughly 3 gig file. Damnit Microsh*t

Spoiler

AXIOM