Special Pokemon Edition 2DS!

So I was just browsing through my local shops website and came across the "Pokemon section" and found the "2DS Special Edition Pokemon Bundle", I normally wouldn't even bother clicking on it, but then I saw it... It had a Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow game box next to it!

So to my surprise after clicking on it, they are intending on porting the Original Red/Blue/Yellow/Green games to the 2DS preinstalled, along with making the 2DS in special colour varieties and including 15 stickers (yah stickers just what I wanted!) for Pokemon's 20th anniversary.

Anyway the amazing thing for me is the price point being $149AUD ($100USD), at the priciest store in Australia. So hopefully if it releases anywhere else we might be looking at around $110AUD ($75USD). With this also including some of my childhood favourite games, I'm really tempted in picking one of these up so I can get back into Pokemon world. Now some of you may be like "why don't you just emulate it?", well this will allow me and some other people to have a good reason to have a go at Pokemon once again (maybe pick up the new gen games as well).

Now after doing some research, these editions where also released in Japan at the end of 2015. They included all the same stuff included in the "english" version available for preorder now, apart from Pokemon Green edition not being available anywhere apart from Japan (It never got release in any other country originally as well, so that's fair enough).

Japanese Release date: Late 2015

English Release date: 27/2/16 (Australia)

Source: https://ebgames.com.au/3ds

So What do you guy's think, will you be picking one of these up?

nintendo_2ds_pokemon_bundles_japan.jpg

I so want the Green, going to hit up some people to import it (hopefully english translation works)

Might add this later...

These look so awesome :D I say this because I may have some nostalgia with these translucent colors, as I had a translucent Purple GameBoy Color and translucent GBA :)

The red and blue version look a little different compared to the Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire special editons.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

These look so awesome :D I say this because I may have some nostalgia with these translucent colors, as I had a translucent Purple GameBoy Color and translucent GBA :)

The red and blue version look a little different compared to the Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire special editons.

Agreed! Can't wait to get one of these  B)

The green edition, so sexy... If I can get my hand's on one of these, it will be well worth the investment!

Might add this later...

Agreed! Can't wait to get one of these  B)

The green edition, so sexy... If I can get my hand's on one of these, it will be well worth the investment!

If I were to get any of these (which I am not sure about yet, because money doesn't grow on trees and I have a 3DS already) I would probably get the Yellow one, because yellow is my favorite color and I played Pokemon Yellow the most.

Also, maybe you can get it from some Japanese website that ships worldwide.. Or you could contact some Japanese people here.. Or you could check eBay and hope you're not paying twice as much :P

Anyways, keep in mind as of now Nintendo wants the 3DS line (which includes the 2DS) to be region locked. You can pass the region lock with some homebrew software and I have heard rumors of Nintendo maybe wanting to remove it.. But it's not all sure yet.

regular DS games are region free though, so I assume you can play all of those on this system

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

If I were to get any of these (which I am not sure about yet, because money doesn't grow on trees and I have a 3DS already) I would probably get the Yellow one, because yellow is my favorite color and I played Pokemon Yellow the most.

Also, maybe you can get it from some Japanese website that ships worldwide.. Or you could contact some Japanese people here.. Or you could check eBay and hope you're not paying twice as much :P

Anyways, keep in mind as of now Nintendo wants the 3DS line (which includes the 2DS) to be region locked. You can pass the region lock with some homebrew software and I have heard rumors of Nintendo maybe wanting to remove it.. But it's not all sure yet.

regular DS games are region free though, so I assume you can play all of those on this system

Yes, I'm sure I would skip it if I had a 3DS aswell!

Checked ebay just then and they are inflated prices. I'll break this down In a series of questions if your able to help me that would be appreciated.

1. Would you be able to change the green version to english?

2. Would this new 2DS be region locked?

3. Would you know a Japanese website like described above?

I'm also sure buying from someone here would lead to almost certainly not receiving my item and the reason I'm so fond of the green edition is due to it's rarity alone, green being my favourite colour and also I never got to play green  :D

Might add this later...

Checked ebay just then and they are inflated prices. I'll break this down In a series of questions if your able to help me that would be appreciated.

I'm also sure buying from someone here would lead to almost certainly not receiving my item and the reason I'm so fond of the green edition is due to it's rarity alone, green being my favourite colour and also I never got to play green :D

1. There were bootleg cartridges with language settings, but I don't think you would be able to in a official one.

2. Probably

3. Unfortunately no

Did my post help you? Then make sure to rate it!

Check out my post on symbolic links! || PSU ranking and tiers || Pokemon Thread

1. There were bootleg cartridges with language settings, but I don't think you would be able to in a official one.

2. Probably

3. Unfortunately no

Guess only way to find out is reaching out to someone in Japan.

Might add this later...

I'm also sure buying from someone here would lead to almost certainly not receiving my item and the reason I'm so fond of the green edition is due to it's rarity alone, green being my favourite colour and also I never got to play green  :D

1. The game? Likely not, it seems like Pokemon carts have always been one language. 

2. I would assume they still lock it out of the box, but these seems to be a software region block as it can be avoided with software too.

3. play-asia.com is one I commonly hear.

I would suggest taking a look at this video:

it's not exactly your situation, but he in that video shows how to get a Japanese (NTSC-JP) game working on his American system (NTSC-U) and also where he bought the Japanese gam (play-asia).

1. the language? probably I guess... But I'm not sure. My PAL 3DS can 'only' change to like 8 languages itself. Not to Japanese or Korean or whatever. Only to languages relevant to PAL regions (European languages)

2. I would assume they still lock it out of the box, but these seems to be a software region block as it can be avoided with software too.

3. play-asia.com is one I commonly hear.

I would suggest taking a look at this video:

it's not exactly your situation, but he in that video shows how to get a Japanese (NTSC-JP) game working on his American system (NTSC-U) and also where he bought the Japanese gam (play-asia).

Just figured that Pokemon Green won't be in english, as it never came out to anything other then the Japanese market. *Facepalm* 

Leaving me with only having a green console... Well then better be getting yellow then ^_^

Might add this later...