I5 3570k vs I3 3220

florida

I'm building a media PC and i cant decide between a 3220 or a 3570k

​I was wondering if i would be able to tell the difference between the 3220 and the 3570k when steaming video i will play games a little but just casually. For now i will be using the on-board video for my 1920x1080 TV.

id go I3, if you aren't doing much gaming on it. you might be able to get away with a pentium. personally id go with an AMD apu.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Honestly, neither. Go with an AMD A10-5800K. Pair it with a Radeon 6670 for added game performance if you need it. Pretty much the current ideal setup for a media PC. And its damn cheap too. There's a plethora of good $100 FM2 motherboards out there.

Agreed, an APU will do the job much better than both of those for media centers

APU for HTPC all the way.

Dont do discrete graphics if your NOT doing any intensive gaming. Save yourself the heat and power consumption.

Mainboard Asrock Z170 OCF CPU 6700k RAM Tridentz 3600 HDD Intel 730 240gb GPU GTX 780ti sc acx PSU Silverstone Strider 1200W  Case Antec 900 Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad T520 build log-   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35809-antec-900-the-re-birth-of-a-legend/ Check out the Tech Center https://www.youtube.com/user/prokon24/videos LTT's Unicore King

dont really see a point in going 3570k if ur gonna be using onboard video, the i3 should do just fine and be more than enough. In fact, if it's ju st a media PC u could get away with an athlon dual or quad core for well under 100$, and light gaming as well, slap an old 8800GT on it from ebay and for the same price as that i3 u'd have a more capable media pc..

it would basically be a 100$ playstation (200 if u pay for windows operating system)

Honestly' date=' neither. Go with an AMD A10-5800K. Pair it with a Radeon 6670 for added game performance if you need it. Pretty much the current ideal setup for a media PC. And its damn cheap too. There's a plethora of good $100 FM2 motherboards out there.[/quote']

+1 should be going APU for media pc.

APU for HTPC all the way. Dont do discrete graphics if your NOT doing any intensive gaming. Save yourself the heat and power consumption.

I would also go for an APU if I were you building a media pc.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer