What routor should I get?

Jonny

what routor should i get? My "tp link wr1043nd" just died and currently running on my old "netgear DG2000". Im on adsl connection. I play alot of games and stream youtube alot and my brother does the same. What routor should i get, well i know i need a gaming routor to be able to sort out QoS but im not sure which to get at all. i hear Cisco is good but linus does talk about Asus rRoutors but i had a Asus 55u but it has a adsl firmware issue so i had to send it back and i got a tp link wr1043nd and used a tp link 8816 as my DSL modem. what would be better gettings a routor with built in adsl or use my tp link 8816 and get a cable routor?

I live in UK if this helps

Very Annoyed

Jonny

Edit: Sorry for my english not the best and i have a raspberrypi which i stream off but i guess gaming routor will handle it fine :). I get 15MBPS connection and i will probably buy it from here http://www.eclipsecomputers.com/

Our Lord and Saviour Chunt!!!

Depends on how much you are willing to spend. Rule of thumb right now is Linksys ea4500.

Something wrong with your connection ?

Run the damn cable :)

Thats a cable routor. so i would have to use my 8816 but im not sure if it any good? the 8816 that is

Jonny, just a quick question. What do you mean "died"? It could be something small that is fixed easily.

Also, the TD-8816 is a modem/router combo [http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/d...model=TD-8816], so you don't really have to buy a new one.

it got corupted just get flashing leds can't reset or get ip from it. I need wireless so i cant just use my modem. I did think of gettings a 10 port switch but i need wireless as i said.

plus im not sure if its good at sharing internet as i dont think the QoS is any good.

dont really need one now my ISP sent me one and im guessing its good as it had fibre port on it as well as adsl so

What kind of a router did you get, there arent many with fiber ports ? Just being curious :)

Something wrong with your connection ?

Run the damn cable :)