Razer Diamondback Rant

PrincePickle

I saw Razer released the Diamondback Chroma mouse and looking at the shape of the mouse I thought it might be something I like.  I wear a size small glove so finding a gaming mouse that isn't too big can be a challenge.  I went ahead and ordered one off of amazon to see if I like it better than my Logitech G502.  I took delivery today and I quite like it, even more than my daily driver, the Logitech G502.  It's light, responds well, clicks nicely, narrow and not too tall so it fits my hand nicely.  The lighting effects are pretty snazzy and over all build quality seems decent.  However, for whatever reason Razer seems to be on this kick of making some of their mice ambidextrous which means there are buttons on the right side of the mouse.  (I'm right handed)  On top of that the mouse tapers at a significant angle on each side so that on the right side of the mouse, my fingers just sort of fall off to the side and drag on my mouse mat.  If they would just make the mouse right handed and have a flat rubber grip on the right side for your fingers to rest there would be no issues.  So, I guess I'll be returning the mouse tomorrow and go back to my Logitech.

I had the same problem with my Logitech G910 keyboard.  Loved it, except for the keycaps and the weird wrist rest.  Just aggravating when you're so close to perfection only to have it completely ruined by one thing.  ARRRUGH... ok, end rant. 

Razer seems to be on this kick of making some of their mice ambidextrous which means there are buttons on the right side of the mouse. (I'm right handed) On top of that the mouse tapers at a significant angle on each side so that on the right side of the mouse, my fingers just sort of fall off to the side and drag on my mouse mat. If they would just make the mouse right handed and have a flat rubber grip on the right side for your fingers to rest there would be no issues.

The mouse you describe as your ideal mouse is the razer deathadder...not the diamondback:

razer-deathadder-respawn.jpg

83VoNY-SH5UU.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

this is a stupidly awesome mouse man...check it out!

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

The mouse you describe as your ideal mouse is the razer deathadder...not the diamondback:

this is a stupidly awesome mouse man...check it out!

If you get one that works properly / lasts longer than a month. 

Razer Headphones are kinda trash, keyboards are okay, but their mice are pretty damn good. Razer Naga 2012 still going strong here (and I'm pretty sure it's using a higher quality plastic/better coating than my Logitech G600, because it never got as shiny).

Razer Headphones are kinda trash, keyboards are okay, but their mice are pretty damn good. Razer Naga 2012 still going strong here (and I'm pretty sure it's using a higher quality plastic/better coating than my Logitech G600, because it never got as shiny).

Hell yeah Naga 2012 club! B)

Best mouse ever I swear.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

had my raser deathadder and raser lycosa keyboard for over 3 years now and everything is working flawlessly and it always had...the quality on this is very very good...they last a long fucking time i owned an old diamondback mouse the first one that was see through plastic this one lasted like 6 years of intense gaming...

Diamondback_razer.jpg

razer-diamondback-plasma-limited-edition

This was a good mouse back then but now the deathadder is even better and the chroma is RGB now...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

I saw Razer released the Diamondback Chroma mouse and looking at the shape of the mouse I thought it might be something I like.  I wear a size small glove so finding a gaming mouse that isn't too big can be a challenge.  I went ahead and ordered one off of amazon to see if I like it better than my Logitech G502.  I took delivery today and I quite like it, even more than my daily driver, the Logitech G502.  It's light, responds well, clicks nicely, narrow and not too tall so it fits my hand nicely.  The lighting effects are pretty snazzy and over all build quality seems decent.  However, for whatever reason Razer seems to be on this kick of making some of their mice ambidextrous which means there are buttons on the right side of the mouse.  (I'm right handed)  On top of that the mouse tapers at a significant angle on each side so that on the right side of the mouse, my fingers just sort of fall off to the side and drag on my mouse mat.  If they would just make the mouse right handed and have a flat rubber grip on the right side for your fingers to rest there would be no issues.  So, I guess I'll be returning the mouse tomorrow and go back to my Logitech.

I had the same problem with my Logitech G910 keyboard.  Loved it, except for the keycaps and the weird wrist rest.  Just aggravating when you're so close to perfection only to have it completely ruined by one thing.  ARRRUGH... ok, end rant. 

It seems like you're after a smaller DeathAdder.

The Diamondback Chroma is far from a new mouse, by the way. The Diamondback shape predates the popular DeathAdder by a number of years. It was like the second or third mouse that Razer released. The Chroma is actually a Collector's edition version and a third release of the mouse. Being that it's a re-release, they're not just going to "make it right handed", as that would be an entirely different mouse.

Personally, if the Diamondback Chroma wasn't overpriced due to the "Chroma" and being a "Collector's Edition", I would probably buy it instantly. I rather liked the Razer Krait, which was my first gaming mouse.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.