Name of this plug?

DrDrae

Hello!

I recently bought a used NZXT H440 Razer Edition case and the pins of the Molex cable which powers the fan and LED hub are broken.

I please need the name of the plug for the LED hub. Does anyone know it? 

Or does anybody know where I can get this cable? Its a large molex (4 pin, male) to 3pin(female) and to ???(female). (large molex splits up)

I attached two pictures of the plug.

Thanks in advance!

post-258340-0-90449300-1445103161_thumb.

post-258340-0-19174300-1445103177_thumb.

looks like a PWM connection to control them and power them

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

It maybe is a "floppy connector". I'm not 100% sure though.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

Ok, so for the people that are not old enough to have seen a floppy drive power connector, there it is. In the 1990s people used 'floppy' drives instead of cds, dvds, or flash drives. Most psus will still have some sort of adapter that comes with them. Some newer accessories use the floppy connector for power.

My native language is C++

If it's coming from a molex, it is likely a floppy (or berg) connector. Though it does look slightly different to the ones I've seen:

Connector_Berg2.jpg

I have tried the floppy connector of my psu but it does not fit. the holes should be fine but there are these kind of "fins" (these plastic rails on top and bottom of the connector) which make it incompatible.

but thank you!

so does anybody know where i can get this kind of "special edition" - floppy to molex cable? 

ive sent a message to the nzxt support. i hope they respond soon...

• 3 years later...
On 10/17/2015 at 7:09 PM, DrDrae said:

I have tried the floppy connector of my psu but it does not fit. the holes should be fine but there are these kind of "fins" (these plastic rails on top and bottom of the connector) which make it incompatible.

but thank you!

so does anybody know where i can get this kind of "special edition" - floppy to molex cable? 

ive sent a message to the nzxt support. i hope they respond soon...

Did you ever find out the name of this. I have the same problem

@limboy777

damn son digging up 4 yr old threads haha

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

1 minute ago, Stormseeker9 said:

@limboy777

damn son digging up 4 yr old threads haha

Have the same problem as the original poster but cant find anything and it looks like no one gave him the answer....