MasterCase Pro 5 - Is it worth it?

TheCaptain53

Yeah, it's a nice case bro. If you like it buy it :)

or steal it...

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!

I don't think any case is really "bad" or "worth it" IMO. If it meets my needs, then it's a good case. Is it worth that price? Again, that's up to you if you see the value in it or not. I wouldn't pay that much for a case as there are plenty of options from eBay, Amazon (used), etc. that you'll maybe strike gold if you wait long enough.

I realize finding this case used might not be an option since it's brand new. 

I just don't want it to be one of those purchases that I regret later on down the road.

I just wish my Spec-01 was bigger/better built/more support for water cooling, then I would feel no need to upgrade as it looks awesome. :')

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

I just don't want it to be one of those purchases that I regret later on down the road.

I just wish my Spec-01 was bigger/better built/more support for water cooling, then I would feel no need to upgrade as it looks awesome. :')

I completely understand. I went with a used 750d from Corsair that I got on eBay, and recently purchased the airflow kit (arrives monday). I debated between a smaller case, but ultimately figured I'll have more room for the future and I might do a custom water loop in the future just for the fun of it. 

Whatever you choose I'm sure you can't go wrong with it. No case is going to be "perfect", but that's what makes all our systems unique and results in different builds. 

I completely understand. I went with a used 750d from Corsair that I got on eBay, and recently purchased the airflow kit (arrives monday). I debated between a smaller case, but ultimately figured I'll have more room for the future and I might do a custom water loop in the future just for the fun of it. 

Whatever you choose I'm sure you can't go wrong with it. No case is going to be "perfect", but that's what makes all our systems unique and results in different builds. 

If there's something I don't like about the Pro 5, I guess I can always mod it anyway. Who needs a warranty?  :D

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

I like the mastercase and was strongly leaning towards getting it, but the price from scan really put me off it. If you're willing to wait, then in a few months time it'll be less than £100 I bet, then it'll be a better option, but for now the define S is a far better case for far less money.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

• 4 months later...

Any plans for this case to go silent?

Sound dampening on sides, top, and front panels.

Yes they actually just presented sound dampening on CES for the MasterCase