[Benchmarks] GTX Titan SLI - 4K (3840x2160) - BF3, Skyrim, Crysis 2, Unigine Heaven

Cacao

Maybe already End of this Year with the 9000 Series and next Year with Maxwell.

We will get Virtual Memory and a new Architekture with 20nm.

Now think of 2 GTX880s or HD9970s maybe they will bring a Titan like Card based on Maxwell.

Yeah but I mean 4K wont be mainstream like 1080p is now. 1440 is just making its rounds. Your every day joe-shmo wont have a 4K for another 3 years a least. I think

Could you please rerun some of those benchmarks without AA? I highly doubt it is actually needed at 4K and I think it'd be interesting to see how it performs with no AA vs with AA :)

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

Could you please rerun some of those benchmarks without AA? I highly doubt it is actually needed at 4K and I think it'd be interesting to see how it performs with no AA vs with AA :)

Unfortunately I can't run anymore benchmarks, however I'll be doing similar ones at 5760x1080 (3/4 of the way to 4K), with more modern games this time, so stay tuned for that if you're interested in high res performance ;)

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Well... i can't run 4k because i have 2gb of vram and about the same power as 1 titan

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I have 1400x1050 with 9600GT.

I can run Minecraft.

You have 3840x2160 or so with 2x GTX Titan.

You can run Minecraft.

I don't have to upgrade.

So... If Jesus had the gold, would he buy himself out instead of waiting 3 days for the respawn?

CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t ][ GPU: GeForce 9600GT 512mb DDR3 ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 ][ HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: No-name without airflow or dust filters Budget saved for an upgrade so far: 2400PLN (600€) - Initial 2800PLN (700€) Upgraded already: CPU

with 6GB vRAM of course they would specially 2 titans in SLI I don't expect something like a 760 to running 4K smoothly.

4GB version with 3 of them I think they would.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

2x 760 barely outperforms 1x 780 at 1440p and we all know 1x 780 ain't really enough for smooth gameplay on 1440p.

I don't see how 2160p could be performed even with 3x 760.

At least 2x 780 i say and that might be a VRAM bottleneck in the near future... Titans are better.

So... If Jesus had the gold, would he buy himself out instead of waiting 3 days for the respawn?

CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t ][ GPU: GeForce 9600GT 512mb DDR3 ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 ][ HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: No-name without airflow or dust filters Budget saved for an upgrade so far: 2400PLN (600€) - Initial 2800PLN (700€) Upgraded already: CPU

2x 760 barely outperforms 1x 780 at 1440p and we all know 1x 780 ain't really enough for smooth gameplay on 1440p.

I don't see how 2160p could be performed even with 3x 760.

At least 2x 780 i say and that might be a VRAM bottleneck in the near future... Titans are better.

I think at 4GB of VRAM the 760s would perform very very well. Especially at 3x (considering 2x outperforms 1 titan 3x should give it enough power I think)

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

I think at 4GB of VRAM the 760s would perform very very well. Especially at 3x (considering 2x outperforms 1 titan 3x should give it enough power I think)

Well 2x 760s barely outperform a titan, once you add a third one the scaling becomes pretty crap and you get a relatively small performance increase, you would definitely be able to play games at medium-high, but definitely not completely maxed out like with 2 titans, plus I bet that 4gb of VRAM will already start to show with next gen games at 4k (maybe even crysis 3 and metro LL now), since already BF3 (game from 2011) was using 3.7gb of vram at 4k.

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Well 2x 760s barely outperform a titan, once you add a third one the scaling becomes pretty crap and you get a relatively small performance increase, you would definitely be able to play games at medium-high, but definitely not completely maxed out like with 2 titans, plus I bet that 4gb of VRAM will already start to show with next gen games at 4k (maybe even crysis 3 and metro LL now), since already BF3 (game from 2011) was using 3.7gb of vram at 4k.

http://uk.hardware.info/reviews/4632/33/geforce-gtx-700-series-sli-review-geforce-gtx-760770780-in-sli-and-3-way-sli-geforce-gtx-760---scaling

The scaling at lower resolutions starts to fall of at 3x SLI yes but look at the scaling at 3x and higher resolutions, gains of 40-45% from 2-way; that's pretty good scaling. I do agree on the VRAM front though :P we WILL see VRAM increase exponentially and I think the Titan will be very good because of this.

Just discussing the options :p 3 760s sounds and looks much cooler than 2 titans imo though.

http://uk.hardware.info/reviews/4632/33/geforce-gtx-700-series-sli-review-geforce-gtx-760770780-in-sli-and-3-way-sli-geforce-gtx-760---scaling

The scaling at lower resolutions starts to fall of at 3x SLI yes but look at the scaling at 3x and higher resolutions, gains of 40-45% from 2-way; that's pretty good scaling. I do agree on the VRAM front though :P we WILL see VRAM increase exponentially and I think the Titan will be very good because of this.

Just discussing the options :P 3 760s sounds and looks much cooler than 2 titans imo though.

If anything it sounds a lot cheaper but not a lot more powerful and in fact 2 titans outperform it :D

If anything it sounds a lot cheaper but not a lot more powerful and in fact 2 titans outperform it :D

I did not once say more powerful :p just that they would perform well. The titan is the best single card solution for VRAM for a reason :p.

I do however think 3x 7970 6GB versions would outperform 2x titans.

The NEW Quadro will overkill a Titan. The Quadro K6000 is the fastest GPU on the market when it comes out, problem is that it'll cost $5,000

Im hoping to see the Quadro K6000 to run 3x 4k monitor and see how it performs

The NEW Quadro will overkill a Titan. The Quadro K6000 is the fastest GPU on the market when it comes out, problem is that it'll cost $5,000

Those cards aren't marketed for gaming and not really, that's just a GK110 (Titan) inside of it. probably some more stuff added to sweeten the proffesional workstation deal not to mention the premium you pay for all the drivers and support from nvidia.

That's all.

No matter how beastly they are, no one's going to be optimizing their games to run on quadros, same way how 780 sli performs better than titan sli at low resolution, the K6000 will performs around the same as a titan in games (probably a bit worse) and we won't be needing 12gb of vram in games for another 5+ years.

No matter how beastly they are, no one's going to be optimizing their games to run on quadros, same way how 780 sli performs better than titan sli at low resolution, the K6000 will performs around the same as a titan in games (probably a bit worse) and we won't be needing 12gb of vram in games for another 5+ years.

Where do you get your info from? LOL 780 has no rights to run better than Titan in low res, got any benchmarks to prove that? It can only happen if you get faulty Titan or a golden chip 780.

Unless you are talking gibberish like this: "My overclocked 780 SLI is better than non overclocked Titan SLI at very low resolution" - in which case you forget that Titan can be overclocked as well.

Where do you get your info from? LOL 780 has no rights to run better than Titan in low res, got any benchmarks to prove that? It can only happen if you get faulty Titan or a golden chip 780.

Unless you are talking gibberish like this: "My overclocked 780 SLI is better than non overclocked Titan SLI at very low resolution" - in which case you forget that Titan can be overclocked as well.

It's about driver optimization, that's the point I'm trying to get through to you. Look at my signature, I have titans. So if anything I should be biased in the titans favor, but I won't negate the fact the the 780s are optimized better, therefore perform better. The titan only starts to shine at 5760x1080 or 4k, where the 3gb of vram that the 780 has can't keep up.

It's about driver optimization, that's the point I'm trying to get through to you. Look at my signature, I have titans. So if anything I should be biased in the titans favor, but I won't negate the fact the the 780s are optimized better, therefore perform better. The titan only starts to shine at 5760x1080 or 4k, where the 3gb of vram that the 780 has can't keep up.

<Facepalm>

This is full review:

http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/gpu_displays/gigabyte_nvidia_gtx780_sli_vs_gtx_titan_sli_comparison/1

GTX 780 are non-refference cooled, no freakin point in comparing TItan at stock speeds to non-refference GTX 780. Ever heard of downclocks on those cards at 80* or so? That's the temp you're hitting with Titan/780 refference cooler. Thus it underclocks. And Windforce 3x is a lot better at dissipating heat so the Boost 2.0 kicks in and gives you that tiny boost that is visible at 1080p gaming where you actually score higher.

LOOOOOOOL and i thought it was some serious deal xD

Get Titan under water cooled build or just don't compare it to non-refference 780... or get TItan with Windforce (i think Gigabyte overcome Nvidia's block by adding the cooler separately into the package alongside with refferent).

780 is factory overclocked version according to that article too... ZOMG XD

<Facepalm>

This is full review:

http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/gpu_displays/gigabyte_nvidia_gtx780_sli_vs_gtx_titan_sli_comparison/1

GTX 780 are non-refference cooled, no freakin point in comparing TItan at stock speeds to non-refference GTX 780. Ever heard of downclocks on those cards at 80* or so? That's the temp you're hitting with Titan/780 refference cooler. Thus it underclocks. And Windforce 3x is a lot better at dissipating heat so the Boost 2.0 kicks in and gives you that tiny boost that is visible at 1080p gaming where you actually score higher.

LOOOOOOOL and i thought it was some serious deal xD

Get Titan under water cooled build or just don't compare it to non-refference 780... or get TItan with Windforce (i think Gigabyte overcome Nvidia's block by adding the cooler separately into the package alongside with refferent).

780 is factory overclocked version according to that article too... ZOMG XD

I'm not even going to argue with you, just take a chill pill man, everything's going to be ok.

I'm not even going to argue with you, just take a chill pill man, everything's going to be ok.

Well it's comparing apples to oranges no? :) 780 OCed has proven to beat Titan at stock and then again you can OC titan as well for more performance than OCed 780.

But Titan has an edge at high resolution gaming, end of story.

Both 780 and Titan are heavily overpriced.

Well it's comparing apples to oranges no? :) 780 OCed has proven to beat Titan at stock and then again you can OC titan as well for more performance than OCed 780.

Crossfire 7950 > 780.

Why did you run 8x AA on a 4K set up? It's completely redundant. Like that retarded Tom's Hardware benchmark of "4K" gaming which was really 8K because the idiots were using SSAA. /facepalm

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

If you're strictly gaming at under 5760x1080 then stock 780 SLI will outperform stock titan SLI, simply because they are more optimized, you can't deny that. Plus for the price of 2 titans you can get 3 780s. That's if you're JUST gaming, where the titan really shines is in productivity and at really high resolution gaming. You would have to be quite foolish to buy 2 titans over 2 780s for 1440p or 1080p gaming.

Crossfire 7950 > 780.

That's something I WOULD argue about seeing how 780 is a single GPU card and it gives you much smoother experience...