Acer Aspire s7 vs. Sony Vaio Pro 13

Go to solution Solved by BigRichie,

I ended up getting the Acer Aspire s7. So far I really like it but I have only used it for a few hours. Very nice looking and it works great. I ordered it to use for my senior year and college. The specs of mine are Intel Haswell i7-4500u, 8gb RAM, Gorilla Glass 2 on the touch screen, also 256 gb of raid0 ssd storage. The only complaint I have is the travel of the keyboard chiclet keys and sometimes the space bar has to be activated harder than my other older laptop. However, I really like it. I am still getting used to windows 8.

I have been looking to buy a new ultrabook for school amd I can't decide between the Acer Aspire s7 392-9890 and the Sony Vaio Pro 13 customized to the same specs. I have read and watched numerous reviews on the two products. I like the battery life of the Samsung but I have read about hear issues throughout the body during use. The Aspire s7 isn't said to get as hot. I wanted to open a forum topic to hear anyone's and everyone's opinion on the topic. Thank you much.

I think you should get the aspire s7 it's just a really amazing laptop it's good in every single way and is just awesome

You can't walk out of your own story - Rango

I have been leaning towards the s7 and thank you for the feedback. I'm super impressed with how thin it is, especially with a touchscreen.

I have a Sony Vaio Pro 13 (Haswell Core i7-4500U, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, Windows 8 Pro), my mom has an Acer Aspire S7 (Ivy Bridge, Core i7-3517U, 4 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, Windows 8). The keyboard of the Vaio Pro has more travel, it is a little bit lighter and the RAM is a faster, the battery life is about 6 hours when I'm browsing and watching YouTube videos in Chrome compared to 3,5 to 4 hours on the S7, the fan from the Vaio Pro is louder than the Aspire S7, the power jack of the Vaio Pro is thicker and it has full-size HDMI. The Aspire S7 has a faster SSD and is thinner. I like them both, You should read reviews from both and make a choice. I bought the Vaio Pro because I need it for school.

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up getting the Acer Aspire s7. So far I really like it but I have only used it for a few hours. Very nice looking and it works great. I ordered it to use for my senior year and college. The specs of mine are Intel Haswell i7-4500u, 8gb RAM, Gorilla Glass 2 on the touch screen, also 256 gb of raid0 ssd storage. The only complaint I have is the travel of the keyboard chiclet keys and sometimes the space bar has to be activated harder than my other older laptop. However, I really like it. I am still getting used to windows 8.

• 4 months later...

I'm in the same boat where I'm choosing between the Sony Vaio Pro 13 and the 2013 Acer Aspire S7. Of all of the 13-14" ultrabooks, these two are the only ones with a full backspace key which was the deal breaker to ignore any other ultrabook. I'll have to stop by my local Best Buy again and try out the typing experiences on these two.