PCX - A HTPC/Steam Streaming Machine in a Playstation 1 Chasis

James.

This is fantastic. Good job, I didn't think something like this was even possible!

I love these kinds of creative endeavours, it fascinates me what you can do with old things lying around!

Update 12: We Have Power.

With the power button mounting completed, its now time to work on the power cable itself. To start off, this is the cable itself.

REjC5jcl.jpg

And as can be seen, its a little bit short.

VAD91axl.jpg

So, I have to make this a bit longer. In order to do this, I first cut that cable in half.

NUrhuDcl.jpg

Also, these cables are really, really really small and a pain to work with.

PTj5Ml7l.jpg

Anyways, I then started to solder longer wires on to each side of the connector. However I did not have enough hands to do this, so I had to find another way to hold the wire.

tCNCW6rl.jpg

And that works. From here I then covered the ends with heat shrink in order to both make everything look better, as well as stopping each different wire from contacting the others. While the soldering may not have been the best, as seen below, considering the size of the wire I am trying to extend I do not feel as though it is that bad.

K1QNuBNl.jpg

The wire itself did not turn out that bad either.

ktdmz9xl.jpg

Here's another picture with everything attached. The wire is massively over sized now for what it needs to be, but it still works. Now there is one last thing to test, and that is if it still powers up.

wbpXtlhl.jpg

And yes, yes it does.

HmDsF8Ul.jpg

Build LogsPCX - A HTPC/Low End Gaming PC in a Playstation 1 Chasis (90-ish% done) | Yamaha PC-350 (Computer in a RD-350 engine) --> Coming Soon | Mediocre Terrors: Yet Another Prodigy Build Log