Dell Ultrasharp U2415 vs U2515H - 24" 1200p vs 25" 1440p

Hi,

I am looking to get a new monitor. I have basically got it down to either the U2415 or the U2515H, as I have heard nothing but good things about Ultrasharps, unless someone has a better monitor they can recommend :)

The U2415 is a 24 inch 1200p monitor, which is 16:10. Specs here.

The U2515H is a 25 inch 1440p monitor, which is 16:9. Specs here

Which monitor is better? I am eying up one of the new Macbooks to use this with, but I plan to get my own desktop rig later on.

I am not sure if the 1440p upgrade is worth the extra half again of the cost of the U2415 ($400 vs $600).

Also, how much difference is there between the aspect ratios, in terms of everyday use?

Thanks.

16:9  one the ratio wont make much of a differnce

I would recommend the 1440p monitor hands down. 1200p would be nice for photo editing type applications, but the 1440p will give higher PPI. If you have a decent rig, think GTX 970 or better, you will really be able to utilize the monitor.

Depends what you use it for. If you're using the monitor for work, chances are you will like the 16:10 aspect ratio. If you're using it for entertainment, the 1440p will look sharper.

Me personally, I would go with the 16:10 monitor. Higher PPI, to me, means having to zoom in on everything, and I have a 1440p ultrawide which is taller than the 25" you're looking at. The 1200p, which I also have, doesn't require the zooming annoyance.

I've had the U2515H for a little over a month now, not too sure where you are but that difference in price is heavily inflated. Just from Amazon alone there was only a £30 difference between the two, which was one of the main reasons for taking a punt on it - £250 is inexpensive compared to other options available.

Running at the native resolution I've not had to zoom in at all, especially noticeable when reading text so far, which is the usual culprit. However if using it in 1920x1080 then you may need to. (Which begs the question as to why you'd buy one if you are going to use it at 1080P for any considerable length of time).