Xonar DSX Audio Driver?

Go to solution Solved by Darell3,

Hi guys,

I just got my Xonar DSX in the mail. I don't have a DVD drive. I downloaded the drivers from the Asus website for the Xonar DSX for Windows 8 64-bit, but when I attempt to run the installer, it says the following:

"ASUS Xonar DSX Audio does not exist, the installation program will be terminated now." 

So, what do I do or need? I tried finding an ISO of the driver and utility CD, but couldn't. 

Also, now my computer has no audio out. It says there's no audio output device installed. I assume installing the drivers would fix this, but ... yeah.

Help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Vitalius.

Eww, drivers from ASUS(for xonar sound cards) are crap. I have a Xonar DGX sound card and i use this driver http://maxedtech.com/asus-xonar-unified-drivers/ its the same as asus's xonar drivers but better. I use to have Asus's xonar driver but my 5.1audio did not seem to work but after installing the UNi Xonar Drivers it finally worked!

Hi guys,

I just got my Xonar DSX in the mail. I don't have a DVD drive. I downloaded the drivers from the Asus website for the Xonar DSX for Windows 8 64-bit, but when I attempt to run the installer, it says the following:

"ASUS Xonar DSX Audio does not exist, the installation program will be terminated now." 

So, what do I do or need? I tried finding an ISO of the driver and utility CD, but couldn't. 

Also, now my computer has no audio out. It says there's no audio output device installed. I assume installing the drivers would fix this, but ... yeah.

Help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Vitalius.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Hi guys,

Help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Vitalius.

Eww, drivers from ASUS(for xonar sound cards) are crap. I have a Xonar DGX sound card and i use this driver http://maxedtech.com/asus-xonar-unified-drivers/ its the same as asus's xonar drivers but better. I use to have Asus's xonar driver but my 5.1audio did not seem to work but after installing the UNi Xonar Drivers it finally worked!

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

Yes use the unified drivers. Also you have the 4 pin molex connector in if it requires it right?

Install Gentoo GNU/Linux | "You have been placed on moderator queue. This means that all content you submit will need to be approved by a moderator before it will be shown." | top LEL

Build specs: Corsair 540, i7 2600K @ 4.2Ghz, Asrock z77 extreme4, 16gb DDR3 @1866, 2 x 1TB, GTX 560 ti
Monitors: Asus VG236H, Dell U2713HM Headphones: Koss PortaPro, DT 770 80ohm, AT-AD700 | Steam profile

The xonar drivers are complete crap, I'm using a third party driver for my D2X. The asus drivers just kept making my computer BSOD during the installation.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Yes use the unified drivers. Also you have the 4 pin molex connector in if it requires it right?

I didn't see anything about it requiring a 4 pin molex connector and I didn't see one on the card, so I assume it doesn't require it.

Alright, thanks guys. :D

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

The xonar drivers are complete crap, I'm using a third party driver for my D2X. The asus drivers just kept making my computer BSOD during the installation.

I've got the Uni driver installer open. I have 4 options for panel configurations.

Normal - Asus Media Center

Low DPC Latency

C-Media Panel

C-Media Panel (GX Enabled)

What are these and what is the difference between them?

† Christian Member †

I've got the Uni driver installer open. I have 4 options for panel configurations.

Normal - Asus Media Center

Low DPC Latency

C-Media Panel

C-Media Panel (GX Enabled)

What are these and what is the difference between them?

http://maxedtech.com/uni-xonar-features/

This explains them pretty well for you.

I use the normal setting, it's pretty much a working version of the asus driver. 

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Thanks bro.

† Christian Member †

I use the normal setting, it's pretty much a working version of the asus driver. 

It says "Please plug-in UNi Xonar Audio device!"

I did. It's in the PCI-e x1 slot on my motherboard. Did I miss something possibly?

† Christian Member †

I did. It's in the PCI-e x1 slot on my motherboard. Did I miss something possibly?

That seems weird? did you select your sound card device?

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

That seems weird? did you select your sound card device?

Windows 8 says that I don't have any sound devices installed.

Something happened, because now I can't get audio out of my TV over HDMI (and I could before installing the Xonar DSX). 

Maybe I need to try re-seating it. Hmmm.

† Christian Member †

Well I'm not home currently, so it's kind of hard to troubleshoot. Can you see if your card is getting power or anything? Does it have any lights on it? 

Well I'm not home currently, so it's kind of hard to troubleshoot. Can you see if your card is getting power or anything? Does it have any lights on it? 

Well, no.

However, the ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard that I have has a "system view" function in the BIOS. It highlights anything that's in use and usually tells me what's using it. 

For the PCI-e x1 slot that it's using, it is highlighted meaning the motherboard recognized something is plugged into it. I re-seated it and plugged the HD Audio cable into it.

This is what the DSX looks like:

PR-ASUS-Xonar-DSX-7.1-Audio-Card-side-vi

† Christian Member †

Well, no.

However, the ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard that I have has a "system view" function in the BIOS. It highlights anything that's in use and usually tells me what's using it. 

For the PCI-e x1 slot that it's using, it is highlighted meaning the motherboard recognized something is plugged into it. I re-seated it and plugged the HD Audio cable into it.

This is what the DSX looks like:

PR-ASUS-Xonar-DSX-7.1-Audio-Card-side-vi

And windows doesn't recognize it in the device manager?

And windows doesn't recognize it in the device manager?

It recognizes the PCI to PCI bridge.

9197635617_13793c4aac_o.png

That is also what the ASRock Z77 Extreme4 describes it as.

The motherboard has 2 PCI-e x1 slots, and it's seated in the bottom one furthest from the CPU.

I'm kind of at a loss. I may want to look and see if a capacitor is missing or something.

I was supposed to get an Intel NIC along with it as I bought both from NCIX in the same order. I didn't get the NIC though. And it's not on backorder. :(

† Christian Member †

It recognizes the PCI to PCI bridge.

9197635617_13793c4aac_o.png

That is also what the ASRock Z77 Extreme4 describes it as.

The motherboard has 2 PCI-e x1 slots, and it's seated in the bottom one furthest from the CPU.

I'm kind of at a loss. I may want to look and see if a capacitor is missing or something.

I was supposed to get an Intel NIC along with it as I bought both from NCIX in the same order. I didn't get the NIC though. And it's not on backorder. :(

Damn, I really don't know. It seems that you're doing everything right, I can't even identify if it's a hardware or software problem.

Is the card getting hot at all when you turn on the computer?

Damn, I really don't know. It seems that you're doing everything right, I can't even identify if it's a hardware or software problem.

Is the card getting hot at all when you turn on the computer?

It is slightly warm.

I tried it in the other PCI-e x1 slot and it's recognized the same way it was in the other one. It's not the motherboard. :(

† Christian Member †

It is slightly warm.

I tried it in the other PCI-e x1 slot and it's recognized the same way it was in the other one. It's not the motherboard. :(

Well it's doing something and the mobo recognizes is, so it's definitely not completely dead. I'm guessing it's a software issue, either that or you have a defective card.

Well it's doing something and the mobo recognizes is, so it's definitely not completely dead. I'm guessing it's a software issue, either that or you have a defective card.

Yeah That's what I think too. :(

*sigh* I'll be RMAing it if I can't find a reason it's software related.

† Christian Member †

As

Yeah That's what I think too. :(

*sigh* I'll be RMAing it if I can't find a reason it's software related.

One thing you could try is using the default drivers, you could maybe copy it onto a USB from another computer or laptop. If the drivers in the box don't work, I really don't know what will...

More Xonar driver problems?  I feel your pain.

Try plugging it into one of the x16 slots? Ridiculous, I know, but that's what works for me.  Sometimes those x1 slots aren't powered enough for Xonar cards.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

More Xonar driver problems?  I feel your pain.

Try plugging it into one of the x16 slots? Ridiculous, I know, but that's what works for me.  Sometimes those x1 slots aren't powered enough for Xonar cards.

That would create a temporary fix at least. I intend to use both my x16 slots fully (SLI 780's). But until then... I'll try it when I get home (at work). Thanks :D

I'll try the default drivers later. 

That's the thing, windows says that PCI to PCI bridge has the most up to date drivers, but it still has the ! yellow marker on it meaning there's a problem.

When I have the Xonar DSX plugged in, the onboard audio isn't recognized either. I can't get audio at all when it's plugged into either PCI-e x1 slot.

When I took it out of my case (which is the current situation now), audio works fine.

† Christian Member †

As

One thing you could try is using the default drivers, you could maybe copy it onto a USB from another computer or laptop. If the drivers in the box don't work, I really don't know what will...

Just wanted to let you know, it was because I had HD Audio enabled in BIOS. :P Once I had that disabled, it installed fine. They should really put that into the instruction manual. LOL

† Christian Member †

Just wanted to let you know, it was because I had HD Audio enabled in BIOS. :P Once I had that disabled, it installed fine. They should really put that into the instruction manual. LOL

Good to hear! That's kind of strange that you would have to set that up from the bios, you would think it does it automatically! It did for me at least. Well anyway enjoy your audio awesomness!

Good to hear! That's kind of strange that you would have to set that up from the bios, you would think it does it automatically! It did for me at least. Well anyway enjoy your audio awesomness!

Oh, I will. Still considering what to do about the speakers though. I have a lot of spare ones. Some good, some bad. I'll likely make a thread about it.

† Christian Member †