Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
madscientist56

Car aux. input

Posted · Original PosterOP

I want to play music from spotify on my phone in my car but the car is a 2006 mercury mountaineer and it has no aux input, I considered adding one myself but after some research i found the process to be a little expensive and difficult for my liking so i considered just getting a new radio but new radios are expensive too and i'm on a low budget, my current radio doesn't have a cassette player either so getting an adapter for that wont work either. Then i found out they make small fm radio transmitters with aux. inputs that fit into the cigarette lighter, i looked over a few of these and i can't tell which one to get, has anyone done this before? could you offer a suggestion? i don't want to spend more than $30 but i will if I really have to.

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

Get one that lets you choose the frequency via a small LCD rather than one which has a switch with several options. That way you can make sure you can pick the most clear frequency to broadcast on.

I had a Belkin one for my iPod before which was very good!

Main Rig:

Spoiler

AMD FX 8320 @4.5Ghz  8GB Corsair Vengeance LP Blu 1600Mhz Sapphire Vapor X HD 7950 3GB 120GB Samsung 840 Evo  Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 

Corsair 600T Graphite Corsair H80i Corsair CX600 2x LG 24 inch LED @1080p Logitech G700s CM Quickfire TK (Brown)

Home Server:

Spoiler

A4 6300 @3.7Ghz 5GB Kingston/Crucial DDR3 1600Mhz 1TB WD Green 2TB Seagate Barracuda

500GB WD Blue 2x Gigabit NIC Antec 300 OCZ 500w PSU Gigabyte F2A68HM-HD2 R1.1

Posted · Original PosterOP

Get one that lets you choose the frequency via a small LCD rather than one which has a switch with several options. That way you can make sure you can pick the most clear frequency to broadcast on.

could you link me to the one you owned?

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

I can vouch for these. They're pretty good.

Sig under construction.

I want to play music from spotify on my phone in my car but the car is a 2006 mercury mountaineer and it has no aux input, I considered adding one myself but after some research i found the process to be a little expensive and difficult for my liking so i considered just getting a new radio but new radios are expensive too and i'm on a low budget, my current radio doesn't have a cassette player either so getting an adapter for that wont work either. Then i found out they make small fm radio transmitters with aux. inputs that fit into the cigarette lighter, i looked over a few of these and i can't tell which one to get, has anyone done this before? could you offer a suggestion? i don't want to spend more than $30 but i will if I really have to.

yeah, here we have a store called 5 and below. Picked one up for 5 bucks, sounds identical to my dads 90$ adapter. the build quailty is just much sketchier. cheap new ones are just fine. 

keep in mind, radios are usually shielded I believe right around it, so might have to do some searching. do you put your phone at 100%, will lead to distortion. key is, if there is to much static, turn up phone, if to much distortion, turn down phone volume.

make sure you pick a radio station thats not actually being used in your area

could you link me to the one you owned?

http://amzn.com/B003ZZ26OK

Not Exactly the same, but very similar! Will be the best you can get, despite the reviews

Main Rig:

Spoiler

AMD FX 8320 @4.5Ghz  8GB Corsair Vengeance LP Blu 1600Mhz Sapphire Vapor X HD 7950 3GB 120GB Samsung 840 Evo  Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 

Corsair 600T Graphite Corsair H80i Corsair CX600 2x LG 24 inch LED @1080p Logitech G700s CM Quickfire TK (Brown)

Home Server:

Spoiler

A4 6300 @3.7Ghz 5GB Kingston/Crucial DDR3 1600Mhz 1TB WD Green 2TB Seagate Barracuda

500GB WD Blue 2x Gigabit NIC Antec 300 OCZ 500w PSU Gigabyte F2A68HM-HD2 R1.1