Looking for a good 1440p Monitor

dells17
More like 3-4. because you come and say "Buy cheap eBay Koren monitor, here is a link!", and you disappear. 0 reason why it is better, beside that you like it, and no information onto the downside of their purchase, let alone the fact that it's an A- panel and it will have issues.

Here is a small company selling A- Korean monitor. It's a distributor if you will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=2bK9PvC0mBE

Now, obviously he says that you don't "see the issues" because you know, he tries to sell them. And pointing a camera on a screen, let a lone what it looks like a pocket camera or cellphone, so it will definitely not show any problem which would be otherwise visible. At least his company is honest, and tells you about the issues to expect. And also he shows to you the problem with a glossy monitors, even though he doesn't directly mention them, but it's obvious. So, thumbs up for him!

If you don't care about any of the points that I mentioned about them, and just want a high resolution screen, and you plan on keeping it only for 3 years.

Then yea sure, dude!

I don't see why not you would not enjoy them. It means that those monitor fits your needs perfectly, and getting the more expensive ones would be a waist of money in your case. So go ahead and enjoy :)

My point was to inform you what you are getting, as people that recommend them, tend to forget to mention them, and also express my opinion on the mater. That is all.

Who knows, maybe after 3 years, you'll see much cheaper 1440p monitor from reputable brands, that don't have fancy stuff, and keep it down to essential, where just for a few bucks more, you'll end up with a quality screen ready to be kept with many years, and solid, and adjustable stand and all that. :D

More like 3-4. because you come and say "Buy cheap eBay Koren monitor, here is a link!", and you disappear. 0 reason why it is better, beside that you like it, and no information onto the downside of their purchase, let alone the fact that it's an A- panel and it will have issues.

Here is a small company selling A- Korean monitor. It's a distributor if you will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=2bK9PvC0mBE

Now, obviously he says that you don't "see the issues" because you know, he tries to sell them. And pointing a camera on a screen, let a lone what it looks like a pocket camera or cellphone, so it will definitely not show any problem which would be otherwise visible. At least his company is honest, and tells you about the issues to expect. And also he shows to you the problem with a glossy monitors, even though he doesn't directly mention them, but it's obvious. So, thumbs up for him!

Ok thanks im going to go for it then, hope itll last 3 years atleast.

I own two Achieva Shimian's purchased from Red-Cap... I bought the first in November after reading a ton of reviews from other people both good and bad. There were just as many bad reviews as good ones but i chalk that up to a vocal minority. Most people who are happy with a product generally dont go out of their way to talk it up unless they are specifically asked... whereas people who are unhappy with a product will go out of their way to warn other people.

That being said, there are potential issues with these panels.. you are assuming some risk, but the payout if its a good unit is massive. A friend of mine bought a Dell U2713 on sale for $650+TAX... i bought 2 Shimians for $355 x2 all in... I paid the same price for 2 monitors as he did for one... and we honestly cant tell the difference between the panels. The only actual difference is the build quality and the OSD on the Dell...

So, I personally recommend you take the risk and go get yourself a Shimian... I would ignore all the bad things GoodBytes has said as im 100% sure he doesnt actually own one. There are two of us here that own these monitors and both of us are highly recommending it. Please take our word for it.... its THAT good.

I own two Achieva Shimian's purchased from Red-Cap... I bought the first in November after reading a ton of reviews from other people both good and bad. There were just as many bad reviews as good ones but i chalk that up to a vocal minority. Most people who are happy with a product generally dont go out of their way to talk it up unless they are specifically asked... whereas people who are unhappy with a product will go out of their way to warn other people.

That being said, there are potential issues with these panels.. you are assuming some risk, but the payout if its a good unit is massive. A friend of mine bought a Dell U2713 on sale for $650+TAX... i bought 2 Shimians for $355 x2 all in... I paid the same price for 2 monitors as he did for one... and we honestly cant tell the difference between the panels. The only actual difference is the build quality and the OSD on the Dell...

So, I personally recommend you take the risk and go get yourself a Shimian... I would ignore all the bad things GoodBytes has said as im 100% sure he doesnt actually own one. There are two of us here that own these monitors and both of us are highly recommending it. Please take our word for it.... its THAT good.

Shimian or a Catleap?

Shimian or a Catleap?

I have two Shimian'... I cant comment on the other brands as I haven't tried any of them. When i first looked into these I wanted a Catleap because they looked a really good, but i decided on the Shimian because it was the most reviewed one i could find... Also, the Catleaps are really expensive now...

Probably your friend U2713 he didn't load the sRGB color profile or Adobe RGB (depending on which U2713 model he picked (HM or M)).

Alright, Dells17, it's true what they say about these monitors. That doesn't mean you wont like the monitor. If you don't care about a crappy stand, no osd, a few dead pixels (you can buy pixel checked monitor), etc. then by all means you should get one. I have seen plenty of people who are happy with these monitors, but I've also seen people who outright hate them.

If you're like me, you're tired of 1080p and want something to push your hardware more. The korean monitors give you that, but not much else. Good luck deciding.

Pretty sure a 7950 would be fine on one of those monitors, providing that it's compatible.

Probably your friend U2713 he didn't load the sRGB color profile or Adobe RGB (depending on which U2713 model he picked (HM or M)).
Do you actually own one of these monitors?

Do you actually own one of these Korean monitors?

We both used Datacolor Spyder4Pro's to calibrate our monitors... they look the same... Like i said before the only real difference we noticed was the significantly better build quality on the Dell monitors as well as the OSD.

I currently own the Dell U2410. I had on my desk the U2711, U2412hm, that passed by recently. And at work I had passing by the Apple Cinema Display 27inch, and currently have a 30inch HP IPS monitor, which the model doesn't come into mind.

I read a lot of in depth reviews of monitors from a few sites which has established a reputation, and have the at most high standards, and equipment to properly review monitors. Plus I collect user review on a specific forum constitute from people I know and trust.

We both used Datacolor Spyder4Pro's to calibrate our monitors... they look the same... Like i said before the only real difference we noticed was the significantly better build quality on the Dell monitors as well as the OSD.

If you have calibrated both, then both will show similar results. Not every one has a 200$ color calibrator in hand. The most demanded feature of professionals is a color processor, the Korean cheap monitor don't have one. So I don't know they could be the same, let alone back light. But I am not professional. If it fits your needs, then excellent.

They are people that color calibrate their TN and swear by it that its better or just as good as an IPS panel. Personally, I don't buy it, but if it fits the person needs, then good!

I don't care what anyone gets. I just share my knowledge so that people get to do an inform decision on their purchase, and purchase what they need, and be satisfied with their purchase. If they come back and say how awesome their product is, then I successfully help that person.

You may disagree with me, and that is fine. In fact this is better. As the user will judge better the ups and downs of both views, and better take a decision that fits his or her needs based on his or her budget.

• 8 months later...

In order to support 120Hz properly, the LCD panel must successfully FULLY display the next frame (and not in the process of) in 8.33 ms - This is NOT THE G-to-G RESPONSE TIME

BTW, GoodBytes and I are having a healthy debate in this other thread as to whether even this is enough.  Even perfect pixel transitions is not enough.  OLED has lots of motion blur, even with complete pixel transitions.  Motion blur is based on lots of complex variables beyond this (e.g. blur caused by sample-and-hold).

Is the Dell U2713 not the one they were having terrible issues with quality control on over the past few months? I thought I remembered reading they were working on a new revision because they had some very bad batches with backlight bleeding and other issues?