Looking for a good 1440p Monitor

dells17

I was looking at a few 1440p monitors and decided that this was a nice one: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-ACHIEVA-Shimian-QH270-Lite-27-LED-Quad-HD-DVI-2560x1440-16-9-6ms-PC-Monitor-/110833856200?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item19ce366ec8&_uhb=1#ht_13491wt_1102

I want to see if theyre are any other 1440p monitors that are for under $400.

What do you guys here suggest?

For under $400, you're in the right place. You can find other options by searching 2560x1440 and sorting from lowest. I highly suggest spending the extra on buying a perfect pixel monitor. Here's a link to a seller in the states:

http://www.overlordcomputer.com/overlord_tempest_X270SE_display_p/ot_x270se_a.htm

Better warranty, panel grading, etc. $370 for the base model. They also have a $560 monitor that does 120hz if you save up. Good luck!

For under $400, you're in the right place. You can find other options by searching 2560x1440 and sorting from lowest. I highly suggest spending the extra on buying a perfect pixel monitor. Here's a link to a seller in the states:

http://www.overlordcomputer.com/overlord_tempest_X270SE_display_p/ot_x270se_a.htm

Better warranty, panel grading, etc. $370 for the base model. They also have a $560 monitor that does 120hz if you save up. Good luck!

Well is that IPS? It's not.

Dells17, I am afraid your budget is not big enough for a proper 27inch 1440p monitor. The Best value for your money is the the Dell U2713HM. I would check out for refurbished monitors. That might be much closer to your current budget. Dell usually has excellent refurbished. It's is a high end consumer level monitor. So the build quality is there, and I can assure you that it will be worth every penny.

Here are my thoughts on these cheap Korean 27inch monitors:

Short version: You get what you paid for.

Long version:

-> Really cheap everything

-> Glossy everything

-> Crappy white LED back light, (low grade)

-> While the panel is fine, they are rated as "A-" panels, where the batch or a panel from the batch didn't meet all specification or quality standard, and the frab machines required recalibration or maintenance. This does not mean that it will have dead pixels or bright pixel per say, but other problems, including and not limited to durability issues

-> non adjustable stand

-> non on screen menu with only a few brightness level (5 to 8 depending on the model)

-> no warranty, or support

-> panel virtually directly connected to the DVI plug, which means graphic card compatibility problems. If you don't' plan on upgrading your graphic card card in the next 5 to 7 years, and your graphic card is compatible, at least with the current drivers, then you are good. Else, it will be a new monitor. (usually you have a monitor for 5 to 7 years, if it doesn't have a manufacture error or no longer fits your needs).

-> Propitiatory power connector.

-> No features of any kind for most models

-> Default monitor panel colors (no calibration by you or manufacture possible due, as mentioned, lack of any circuit)

"Overload computer", is the same monitor as the Korean one. You have 1 company making multiple brands, you can call then send your logo, and they'll print it on their plastic casing.

"Overclocking the monitor" makes me laugh the most. You are not. You are just playing with the back light refresh rate... flickering the backlight faster give the illusion of more frames, while you don't have more frame. This is the same ticks that TV uses when they say "200Hz", "400Hz". The panel is still 60Hz. You can force this in the monitor (and slowly breaking your back light as unlike TV they were not designed for), as the monitor is virtually directly connected to the DVI plug. This is why you also have the graphic card compatibility problems with those monitors. Some graphic card will not work with this monitor, as mentioned above.

Now there is a specific monitor, some time ago, where you could actually increase the refresh rate of your panel. These were refered as hacing the "2B" circuit. Which was the only identification code found on the circuit board if you opened the monitor internals.

However, even with the 2B board, you don't have true 120Hz.

In order to support 120Hz properly, the LCD panel must successfully FULLY display the next frame (and not in the process of) in 8.33 ms - This is NOT THE G-to-G RESPONSE TIME. No one has the equipment to measure this. You need very sensitive and precises tools to measure something this quick. So if it's 12ms, it looks faster than 16ms, but between 8 and 12, you don't really see it, but it's enough to smear things around and get this weird looking thing. The monitor panel just can't do it, and at the same time you are breaking the transparent transistors.

Beleive me, if 120Hz IPS panels were possible, it would be all over CES, especially on TV's where there is actual competition for the best 3D experience. So, yea, no, you don't because you can't. Now I am not saying you will never see 120Hz IPS panels. IPS panels did amazing innovations in term of speed increase without the loss of image quality, or sharpness. It's been what? 2008'ish you started to see IPS panels that you can safely say that they are perfectly fine for gaming and non competitive FPS gaming? So 120Hz IPS panel are coming.... but not now.. maybe in 3-5 years.

Dells17, I am afraid your budget is not big enough for a proper 27inch 1440p monitor. The Best value for your money is the the Dell U2713HM. I would check out for refurbished monitors. That might be much closer to your current budget. Dell usually has excellent refurbished. It's is a high end consumer level monitor. So the build quality is there, and I can assure you that it will be worth every penny.

Here are my thoughts on these cheap Korean 27inch monitors:

Short version: You get what you paid for.

Long version:

-> Really cheap everything

-> Glossy everything

-> Crappy white LED back light, (low grade)

-> While the panel is fine, they are rated as "A-" panels, where the batch or a panel from the batch didn't meet all specification or quality standard, and the frab machines required recalibration or maintenance. This does not mean that it will have dead pixels or bright pixel per say, but other problems, including and not limited to durability issues

-> non adjustable stand

-> non on screen menu with only a few brightness level (5 to 8 depending on the model)

-> no warranty, or support

-> panel virtually directly connected to the DVI plug, which means graphic card compatibility problems. If you don't' plan on upgrading your graphic card card in the next 5 to 7 years, and your graphic card is compatible, at least with the current drivers, then you are good. Else, it will be a new monitor. (usually you have a monitor for 5 to 7 years, if it doesn't have a manufacture error or no longer fits your needs).

-> Propitiatory power connector.

-> No features of any kind for most models

-> Default monitor panel colors (no calibration by you or manufacture possible due, as mentioned, lack of any circuit)

"Overload computer", is the same monitor as the Korean one. You have 1 company making multiple brands, you can call then send your logo, and they'll print it on their plastic casing.

"Overclocking the monitor" makes me laugh the most. You are not. You are just playing with the back light refresh rate... flickering the backlight faster give the illusion of more frames, while you don't have more frame. This is the same ticks that TV uses when they say "200Hz", "400Hz". The panel is still 60Hz. You can force this in the monitor (and slowly breaking your back light as unlike TV they were not designed for), as the monitor is virtually directly connected to the DVI plug. This is why you also have the graphic card compatibility problems with those monitors. Some graphic card will not work with this monitor, as mentioned above.

Now there is a specific monitor, some time ago, where you could actually increase the refresh rate of your panel. These were refered as hacing the "2B" circuit. Which was the only identification code found on the circuit board if you opened the monitor internals.

However, even with the 2B board, you don't have true 120Hz.

In order to support 120Hz properly, the LCD panel must successfully FULLY display the next frame (and not in the process of) in 8.33 ms - This is NOT THE G-to-G RESPONSE TIME. No one has the equipment to measure this. You need very sensitive and precises tools to measure something this quick. So if it's 12ms, it looks faster than 16ms, but between 8 and 12, you don't really see it, but it's enough to smear things around and get this weird looking thing. The monitor panel just can't do it, and at the same time you are breaking the transparent transistors.

Beleive me, if 120Hz IPS panels were possible, it would be all over CES, especially on TV's where there is actual competition for the best 3D experience. So, yea, no, you don't because you can't. Now I am not saying you will never see 120Hz IPS panels. IPS panels did amazing innovations in term of speed increase without the loss of image quality, or sharpness. It's been what? 2008'ish you started to see IPS panels that you can safely say that they are perfectly fine for gaming and non competitive FPS gaming? So 120Hz IPS panel are coming.... but not now.. maybe in 3-5 years.

So should i just scrap it and get a 1080p monitor? or still pick up the korean monitor?

Anyways thanks for clariying that.

S-IPS. These are the panels that aren't graded highly enough to be included in LG's 1440p displays, the same panel that the Achieva and most other Korean 1440p panels you'll find on ebay.

"IPS" is Hitachi patent, so few monitors are true "IPS" displays iirc.

Alright got it, Thanks!

just go with the 1080p monitor or maybe get a 1200p monitor. It won't be worth the time and more than likely a huge frustation that is going to come from sourcing from less than direct services such as ebay. Just stick with a normal retailer and pay their price imo.

Also, when it comes down to it all the technical parts aside (enjoyed ur post goodbyte :P), your wasting your money.

just go with the 1080p monitor or maybe get a 1200p monitor. It won't be worth the time and more than likely a huge frustation that is going to come from sourcing from less than direct services such as ebay. Just stick with a normal retailer and pay their price imo.

Also, when it comes down to it all the technical parts aside (enjoyed ur post goodbyte :P), your wasting your money.

I don't really understand, as long as its a functional 1440p monitor whats wrong with it? i read his post everything he listed i don't mind, ive seen many reviews on youtube and overclock.net and they all seem to LOVE it. Makes me wanna get one.

Its just my opinion. I don't see the point of spending 400 dollars on something that has a good chance of failing and being shit out of luck. I see it as the few people that got one that was working fine...well good for them. I just see that there would be many more unreported cases of the "product" working. People that are supposedly happy are probably fake reviews or theirs a chance that they are.

They are making some really good fakes of products in China these days. Fake intel processors and fake galaxy s 3 to just start it off. The s 3 is the worst because the received a shipment and had the correct packaging but the phone inside was completely fake. It contained working hardware but non of the features that would come with the s3 were present.

Fake galaxy s 3 video:

tl;dr: You might get something that works but it sure as hell will be what you have payed for. Too much risk.

Of course, I'm hoping for one for my birthday XD

Hmmm. My opinion is theyre are always more unreported good monitors that bad monitors. Because think of it like this, lets say you have a good product do you go around saying "look it works it works!!!" But if it doesn't work you will go around telling everyone not to get it. Also on overclockers.net they asked everyone about theyres and it was like one failure for 9 good ones.

Dells17, it's your decision.

My standards and many here are high. In fact the simple fact that 1 single point is mentioned on a monitor, makes it to my no no list, and simply don't recommend it.

I want everyone to get the best computer experience possible, where they have 0 problems, they enjoy everything about it for years to come, and they really get every penny worth of their purchase. So yes, I recommend med to high end ASUS or Gigabyte or MSI motherboards, I recommend Corsair AX or HX series or Seasonic PSU's, etc. etc.

Why am I like this. Because I used to be "motherboard is a motherboard", "RAM is RAM"... and just got the cheapo stuff... I mean they were highly well reviewed by users. And all I got was a failure. A disappointment. This was when I was much younger and ignorant. I ALWAYS had problems after problems. I NEVER truly enjoyed my system. Then I got sick and tired of this, and decided to cash out and get a proper computer with high quality parts. The results was that I got a computer that just worked... always worked... heck I still have it, my dad is using it, it's a Jan 2005 computer. Its running Windows 7 64-bit above and beyond, it ran Vista 64-bit before that above and beyond, and XP 32-bit before that. It's a beast of system. All these years, not a single problem. And I actually ended up saving quiet a bit of money, but not having to buy a new motherboard, new RAM, etc.. because they would always break, and the warranty service was non-existent. I guess that's what you get for getting a 60$ motherboard, a 40$ case with a free power supply, etc.

Lesson in life: You ALWAYS get what you paid for. ALWAYS!

My problem, and this is something you don't realize, is that, many people do have low Stalingrad. Oh god, how many people, including friends, said "My computer is super quiet!", and when I listen, it sounds like a jet plane reactor... and there is no doubt about it. Like I am not even trying to be picky. And when they come over and listen to my computer they are like "Holy crap.. that IS quiet!!! I thought your computer was off!". Many years ago, my CRT monitor was dying. I loved my CRT, it was the only good purchase I did before I went all proper high-quality parts. It was a high-end consumer level CRT monitor. The colors where astonishing, 0 flicker, high resolution (at the time), flat image, flat glass. It was truly nice. Anyway, it was saying and I was looking at LCD screen as there was no choice. At the time I knew nothing about LCD monitors. Like many here I didn't know what TN was, what IPS was, and all that. I go to forums, asking and I got some suggestions form multiple forums. And I decided to give it a try. Poeple said how amazing it was, that the glossy is no issue, etc. etc.

I got one.. direct return. Like immediately. I plugged it in, the colors where super washed out. I through all teh modes nope, return. Got another one.. return.. and another... return.... and another return... Oh and glossy did bother me like no tomorrow. I forgot how many monitors I went. Did I had enough.. so the retail store (they were pissed). All I wanted to something comparable to my CRT or better. It's not much to ask. Especially that the color faded over the years. So I had enough. No one knew what they were saying online, no one knew what proper color is, and what proper sharpness is. And that what not having 178 degree view angle in all direction was like. So fine. I did research. I did deep research. I wanted to know everything about monitor down to how they function. I read even research paper on LCD technology thanks to school library that had access to those. I spent about 1 year searching.

And when I was done, I got my self 1000$, yes 1000$ for a 24ich 1920x1200 (16:10) monitor. I was ready to buy an entry level professional grade monitor. I was that determined. Then I notice that Dell had release about a year the Dell U2410. And finally some in depth monitor review sites started to appear, and those that were already there improved their testing methodology and really established themselves as reputable. And they did follow what I beleive: There is a no perfect product. I want to know everything that is wrong with the monitor, so that I decide if it will affect me. And so I decided to buy it. It was 750$.. at the time, after price negotiation with Dell on the phone, I got it down at 500$ before taxes. I was like... hey worth a shot! Well it did. Not only I was super happy with my monitor, as it blew away my CRT, and moreover it's week side matched it. I was so happy by monitor, that I I pushed it on people on forums, they did try it, and also amazed by it, and they are pushing it as well.

There is a difference between: People NOT going on forum saying "It works", because it works, and there is nothing to report, and people going and saying everywhere "OMG BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY!!!! FASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DID YOU BUY ONE ALREADY!! DAM IT BUY IT!!!!" :)

If you want a 27inch monitor, I would just suffer a bit with what you have now, collect more cash and get yourself a proper 27inch monitor, I can assure you it will be worth the wait.

Or you can risk it with these A- monitors, with 0 circuit, and teh day you'll upgrade you GPU you'll cry as it's not compatible, or you'll notice faults, like bright spots, possible reduce sharpness in some area or the entire screen (that you would not know as its the entire screen) or other issues (remember that there is more than just dead pixel and stuck pixels as faults on an LCD screen)

So it's up to you. You can take my experience and knowledge to heart, or you can follow people that replaced their crummy budget TN monitor, super old too, so ANYTHING is miles better than what they have, so they have low standards and don't know how it really compares to have a proper nice 27inch monitor, non glossy also.

So it's up to you. I said everything I had to say.

The decision is yours.

My recommendation is:

You seam very exited in wanting a 27inch monitor, and it seams this is what you really want over a 23-24inch monitor.

So, I would save up a nice amount of cash, and get something proper that you will enjoy and use without worry for the next 5-7 years. Monitor is the main interaction you have with your computer, it's not the part to cheap out on.

Dells17, it's your decision.

My standards and many here are high. In fact the simple fact that 1 single point is mentioned on a monitor, makes it to my no no list, and simply don't recommend it.

I want everyone to get the best computer experience possible, where they have 0 problems, they enjoy everything about it for years to come, and they really get every penny worth of their purchase. So yes, I recommend med to high end ASUS or Gigabyte or MSI motherboards, I recommend Corsair AX or HX series or Seasonic PSU's, etc. etc.

Why am I like this. Because I used to be "motherboard is a motherboard", "RAM is RAM"... and just got the cheapo stuff... I mean they were highly well reviewed by users. And all I got was a failure. A disappointment. This was when I was much younger and ignorant. I ALWAYS had problems after problems. I NEVER truly enjoyed my system. Then I got sick and tired of this, and decided to cash out and get a proper computer with high quality parts. The results was that I got a computer that just worked... always worked... heck I still have it, my dad is using it, it's a Jan 2005 computer. Its running Windows 7 64-bit above and beyond, it ran Vista 64-bit before that above and beyond, and XP 32-bit before that. It's a beast of system. All these years, not a single problem. And I actually ended up saving quiet a bit of money, but not having to buy a new motherboard, new RAM, etc.. because they would always break, and the warranty service was non-existent. I guess that's what you get for getting a 60$ motherboard, a 40$ case with a free power supply, etc.

Lesson in life: You ALWAYS get what you paid for. ALWAYS!

My problem, and this is something you don't realize, is that, many people do have low Stalingrad. Oh god, how many people, including friends, said "My computer is super quiet!", and when I listen, it sounds like a jet plane reactor... and there is no doubt about it. Like I am not even trying to be picky. And when they come over and listen to my computer they are like "Holy crap.. that IS quiet!!! I thought your computer was off!". Many years ago, my CRT monitor was dying. I loved my CRT, it was the only good purchase I did before I went all proper high-quality parts. It was a high-end consumer level CRT monitor. The colors where astonishing, 0 flicker, high resolution (at the time), flat image, flat glass. It was truly nice. Anyway, it was saying and I was looking at LCD screen as there was no choice. At the time I knew nothing about LCD monitors. Like many here I didn't know what TN was, what IPS was, and all that. I go to forums, asking and I got some suggestions form multiple forums. And I decided to give it a try. Poeple said how amazing it was, that the glossy is no issue, etc. etc.

I got one.. direct return. Like immediately. I plugged it in, the colors where super washed out. I through all teh modes nope, return. Got another one.. return.. and another... return.... and another return... Oh and glossy did bother me like no tomorrow. I forgot how many monitors I went. Did I had enough.. so the retail store (they were pissed). All I wanted to something comparable to my CRT or better. It's not much to ask. Especially that the color faded over the years. So I had enough. No one knew what they were saying online, no one knew what proper color is, and what proper sharpness is. And that what not having 178 degree view angle in all direction was like. So fine. I did research. I did deep research. I wanted to know everything about monitor down to how they function. I read even research paper on LCD technology thanks to school library that had access to those. I spent about 1 year searching.

And when I was done, I got my self 1000$, yes 1000$ for a 24ich 1920x1200 (16:10) monitor. I was ready to buy an entry level professional grade monitor. I was that determined. Then I notice that Dell had release about a year the Dell U2410. And finally some in depth monitor review sites started to appear, and those that were already there improved their testing methodology and really established themselves as reputable. And they did follow what I beleive: There is a no perfect product. I want to know everything that is wrong with the monitor, so that I decide if it will affect me. And so I decided to buy it. It was 750$.. at the time, after price negotiation with Dell on the phone, I got it down at 500$ before taxes. I was like... hey worth a shot! Well it did. Not only I was super happy with my monitor, as it blew away my CRT, and moreover it's week side matched it. I was so happy by monitor, that I I pushed it on people on forums, they did try it, and also amazed by it, and they are pushing it as well.

There is a difference between: People NOT going on forum saying "It works", because it works, and there is nothing to report, and people going and saying everywhere "OMG BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY!!!! FASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DID YOU BUY ONE ALREADY!! DAM IT BUY IT!!!!" :)

If you want a 27inch monitor, I would just suffer a bit with what you have now, collect more cash and get yourself a proper 27inch monitor, I can assure you it will be worth the wait.

Or you can risk it with these A- monitors, with 0 circuit, and teh day you'll upgrade you GPU you'll cry as it's not compatible, or you'll notice faults, like bright spots, possible reduce sharpness in some area or the entire screen (that you would not know as its the entire screen) or other issues (remember that there is more than just dead pixel and stuck pixels as faults on an LCD screen)

So it's up to you. You can take my experience and knowledge to heart, or you can follow people that replaced their crummy budget TN monitor, super old too, so ANYTHING is miles better than what they have, so they have low standards and don't know how it really compares to have a proper nice 27inch monitor, non glossy also.

So it's up to you. I said everything I had to say.

The decision is yours.

My recommendation is:

You seam very exited in wanting a 27inch monitor, and it seams this is what you really want over a 23-24inch monitor.

So, I would save up a nice amount of cash, and get something proper that you will enjoy and use without worry for the next 5-7 years. Monitor is the main interaction you have with your computer, it's not the part to cheap out on.

Ok looks like ill go for a 1080p monitor

Alright, Dells17, it's true what they say about these monitors. That doesn't mean you wont like the monitor. If you don't care about a crappy stand, no osd, a few dead pixels (you can buy pixel checked monitor), etc. then by all means you should get one. I have seen plenty of people who are happy with these monitors, but I've also seen people who outright hate them.

If you're like me, you're tired of 1080p and want something to push your hardware more. The korean monitors give you that, but not much else. Good luck deciding.

Alright, Dells17, it's true what they say about these monitors. That doesn't mean you wont like the monitor. If you don't care about a crappy stand, no osd, a few dead pixels (you can buy pixel checked monitor), etc. then by all means you should get one. I have seen plenty of people who are happy with these monitors, but I've also seen people who outright hate them.

If you're like me, you're tired of 1080p and want something to push your hardware more. The korean monitors give you that, but not much else. Good luck deciding.

I dont care at all about the stand, but ive decided that a 7950 wouldn't be powerful enough to fully utilize the resolution to its maximum capibilities through gaming. Instead im probally going for an asus 24" 1200p IPS monitor. Thanks id appreciate but id rather not risk having a faulty monitor as its my first build and want the least amount of probelems with it.

Exactly.

For a 1080p monitor, have a look at the Dell U2410, it's 16:10, so you'll ahve more work area. It has a resolution of 1920x1200 it comes with pre-calibrated Adobe RGB and sRGB color profile with report, for stunning out of the box experience (well out of the box, plug it, and go on the monitor menu and pick Adobe RGB or sRGB which ever you prefer) You can plug anything you want on this monitor. Your game console, another PC, laptop, heck even a VHS or old school game console (component, composite, HDMI, display Port, VGA, and 2x DVI). You have all the input. Build quality is there obviously, the stand is in metal, solid, 0 wobble. You have a 0 bright pixel warranty, and a 6 dead pixel or more warranty policy, no zone or distance policy, so you see 1 stuck or white pixel or you see 6 or more dead pixel, -> replacement. Dell pay shipping both direction for you. And you get to keep your monitor until you receive the replacement one. On the replacement one you have the return shipping label already paid, just stick it over the old one call the appropriate mail carrier to came and pick it and you are good to go.

If you can wait a few month, the U2413 will be released which replaced the U2410. In exchange to a less aggressive anti-reflective coating, and better colors, you have USB 3.0 hub inside, improved colors, also use a new back-light technology called GB-LED, where you have true blue and green with a red phosphor layer to out a true white light, like high grade CFL that you have in the U2410, and certain unlike the white LED backlight that adds a blue tint to everything. Results is same great colors, and whites, at a reduce power consumption. You also have less inputs with the U2413. Buisl quality is the same, however the stand is in plastic (but metal under it, and metal mechanical system, so it wont' wear out, or anything like that) So a trade off. But both excellent monitors. Both monitor uses a true 8-bit panel, H-IPS panel for teh U2410, and AH-IPS for the U2413 (not much difference between the 2)

140/150 of GoodBytes posts are him bashing Korean monitors. I've been running one for a year and it's the best hardware purchase I've made in a long time. I love this thing so much.

My Current Build:

• 5.0GHz i7-3770k Processor
  • Asus Maximus V Formula Z77 Mobo
  • SLI Asus DCUII 670's Watercooled
  • 120GB Corsair Force GT3 Boot SSD
  • 1TB WD Caviar Black HDD
  • 16GB 1866MHz 9-10-9-27 G.Skill Ripjaws Z Memory
  • 1050w Seasonic 80+ Gold
  • Caselabs M8
  • Windows 7 64 bit
  • Samsung Blu-Ray Combo Drive
  • Creative Recon 3D Sound Card
  • XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock
  • Dual 360mm UT60 Rads
  • 15 Yate Loon Medium fans
  • Yamakasi Catleap Monitor (1440p)
  • Sennheiser HD 598

140/150 of GoodBytes posts are him bashing Korean monitors. I've been running one for a year and it's the best hardware purchase I've made in a long time. I love this thing so much.
Can i ask which one you got and for how much?

More like 3-4. because you come and say "Buy cheap eBay Koren monitor, here is a link!", and you disappear. 0 reason why it is better, beside that you like it, and no information onto the downside of their purchase, let alone the fact that it's an A- panel and it will have issues.

Here is a small company selling A- Korean monitor. It's a distributor if you will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=2bK9PvC0mBE

Now, obviously he says that you don't "see the issues" because you know, he tries to sell them. And pointing a camera on a screen, let a lone what it looks like a pocket camera or cellphone, so it will definitely not show any problem which would be otherwise visible. At least his company is honest, and tells you about the issues to expect. And also he shows to you the problem with a glossy monitors, even though he doesn't directly mention them, but it's obvious. So, thumbs up for him!

You can twist it anyway. Just depends what twist appeals to you. Good luck :D

you due understand that samsung is a korean company right?

More like 3-4. because you come and say "Buy cheap eBay Koren monitor, here is a link!", and you disappear. 0 reason why it is better, beside that you like it, and no information onto the downside of their purchase, let alone the fact that it's an A- panel and it will have issues.

Here is a small company selling A- Korean monitor. It's a distributor if you will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=2bK9PvC0mBE

Now, obviously he says that you don't "see the issues" because you know, he tries to sell them. And pointing a camera on a screen, let a lone what it looks like a pocket camera or cellphone, so it will definitely not show any problem which would be otherwise visible. At least his company is honest, and tells you about the issues to expect. And also he shows to you the problem with a glossy monitors, even though he doesn't directly mention them, but it's obvious. So, thumbs up for him!

WEll honestly, aslong as it looks good at that res for 3-5 years im fine with that. ALL THE PIXELS!!!!! So do you think it will last at least 3 years working condition, a few pixels that die here and there don't really matter to me.

I got a Yamakasi Catleap perfect pixel from greensum. When I say Korean monitor I mean the A- imports.

My Current Build:

• 5.0GHz i7-3770k Processor
  • Asus Maximus V Formula Z77 Mobo
  • SLI Asus DCUII 670's Watercooled
  • 120GB Corsair Force GT3 Boot SSD
  • 1TB WD Caviar Black HDD
  • 16GB 1866MHz 9-10-9-27 G.Skill Ripjaws Z Memory
  • 1050w Seasonic 80+ Gold
  • Caselabs M8
  • Windows 7 64 bit
  • Samsung Blu-Ray Combo Drive
  • Creative Recon 3D Sound Card