EIZO FORIS FG2421

OMGItsAliC
Go to solution Solved by Geekazoid,

600Hz TVs are plasmas, so they actually do operate at 600Hz. Of course "Hz" in plasmas refers to something completely different than the number of frames it receives from the computer. Plasmas need to cycle 10 times to draw a complete frame. Nevertheless it is technically correct. 240/480Hz LCD TVs are probably better targets for "fake refresh rate" criticism ;)

Have you ever connected a plasma TV up to your computer before?

EIZO FORIS FG2421

Worlds first consumer '240Hz' 23.5" monitor.

This monitor from EIZO is specifically designed for particularly fps games such as counter strike which is well focused on the advertising of the product. it is used by many CS:GO LANS such as cologne and Dreamhack winter and used by the likes of the Ninjas in Pyjamas team.

The 240Hz can be a bit deceiving as according to the technology PDF it explains that it decreases motion blur by doubling a 120Hz signal that of a display port, for a 240Hz output and blinks the backlight for an impulse-type display.

The response time is 1ms, has a contrast ratio of 5000:1, 16.77 million bit colours and is 1920x1080 (16:9).

To be clear, this is a VA panel, not a TN panel so should have '5' times more color/contrast ratio than a typical TN panel.

The ports are Display port, DVI-D, and HDMI port with audio in and out ports.

ph_fg2421-left.jpg

The source for the monitor is http://gaming.eizo.com/products/foris_fg2421/

Linus please review this product :D

Hmm, I don't think 144hz to 240hz would make much of a difference.

It's not 240Hz, it's 120Hz.

AFAIK this monitor has been out for quite some time, right? VA panels in general can be pretty nice, they're a nice middle ground for many people who don't want to decide between TN or IPS/PLS. The only real problem with this monitor is the fact that it costs close to 500€ the last time I checked. You get a nicer panel, but many people will just go for a 250 - 300 bucks TN 144Hz monitor at that point.

It's not 240Hz, it's 120Hz.

AFAIK this monitor has been out for quite some time, right? VA panels in general can be pretty nice, they're a nice middle ground for many people who don't want to decide between TN or IPS/PLS. The only real problem with this monitor is the fact that it costs close to 500€ the last time I checked. You get a nicer panel, but many people will just go for a 250 - 300 bucks TN 144Hz monitor at that point.

"Worlds first consumer '240Hz' 23.5" monitor."

It's 240hz.

[-] i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz [-] Asus Maximus VII Formula [-] EVGA Gtx 980 Sc [-] Corsair H105 [-] Corsair Obsidian 750d [-]

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/TBNRunity/saved/#savedbuild_1797964

It's 240hz.

Or you could read past the first line.....

"The 240Hz can be a bit deceiving as according to the technology PDF it explains that it decreases motion blur by doubling a 120Hz signal that of a display port, for a 240Hz output and blinks the backlight for an impulse-type display."

Or do you think that the 600Hz TVs are actually 600Hz?

It's 240hz.

It's a 120Hz monitor in conventional terms. Of course "Hz" is just a generic unit for cycles per second, so it could mean anything. In this case 240Hz doesn't mean what you think it does. EIZO's "240Hz" mode is essentially a built-in LightBoost technology which shows each frame of your 120Hz input twice and interpolates black frames between each one (since backlight strobing at 120Hz is probably too low a frequency to avoid flickering). The black frames provide an effect similar to CRT flicker and conceal the color transitions of the LCD between each frame, so it does actually improve motion blur. But it doesn't take 240Hz input from your computer or show 240 unique images per second, it only ("only") goes up to 120Hz in that respect.

Or you could read past the first line.....

"The 240Hz can be a bit deceiving as according to the technology PDF it explains that it decreases motion blur by doubling a 120Hz signal that of a display port, for a 240Hz output and blinks the backlight for an impulse-type display."

Or do you think that the 600Hz TVs are actually 600Hz?

600Hz TVs are plasmas, so they actually do operate at 600Hz. Of course "Hz" in plasmas refers to something completely different than the number of frames it receives from the computer. Plasmas need to cycle 10 times to draw a complete frame. Nevertheless it is technically correct. 240/480Hz LCD TVs are probably better targets for "fake refresh rate" criticism ;)

Not all of them. You can find several 600Hz or 800Hz (I think they're just making up numbers at this point...) monitors that are LED backlit LCD panels. I wasn't even thinking about plasmas because, well, nobody really makes proper plasma TVs anymore.

Not all of them. You can find several 600Hz or 800Hz (I think they're just making up numbers at this point...) monitors that are LED backlit LCD panels. I wasn't even thinking about plasmas because, well, nobody really makes proper plasma TVs anymore.

Interesting. I've only seen 600Hz plasmas, most LCDs I've seen only go to 480, although I think I've seen one that doubles again to 960. Oh well, doesn't really matter I guess. 60-120Hz input from a computer is the most you can get out of any TV, and true 120 is pretty rare itself.

Have you ever connected a plasma TV up to your computer before?

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I am moving this tread to a different section. dont be an idiot and report me for duplicating

Boy, they're really chasing the CSGO placebo crowd.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

I'd want a true 300Hz for Quake Live haha.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |